Sponsored by:

Ordering a TL

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 02:40 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering a TL

Hi guys,
I like this forum I have been reading it for a couple of weeks and it is real good and informative.

My lease is up on June 1, and I was wondering from your past experiences - when do you think I should order the TL.

I want the car for mid May and I am pretty sure they will not have the car the way I want it so I feel better off if I just order it the way I want it. That is why I want to go to the dealership soon and order it.

I was thinking maybe in the begining of March I should order the car and then they might build it in the middle of April and I will get it in the middle of May.

Is this thinking correct or am I completly wrong?
Old 02-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Ordering a TL

Originally posted by mcag22
Hi guys,
I like this forum I have been reading it for a couple of weeks and it is real good and informative.

My lease is up on June 1, and I was wondering from your past experiences - when do you think I should order the TL.

I want the car for mid May and I am pretty sure they will not have the car the way I want it so I feel better off if I just order it the way I want it. That is why I want to go to the dealership soon and order it.

I was thinking maybe in the begining of March I should order the car and then they might build it in the middle of April and I will get it in the middle of May.

Is this thinking correct or am I completly wrong?
All depends on what you want. If you are looking for a 5AT Non-Navi, I would just arrive on the lot a week or so before your lease is up. If you're looking for a 6MT Navi (the hardest to find), then I would start talking to dealers now...although, a good dealer would help you find your TL if it's within a reasonable distance and just swap for it.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:44 PM
Safety Car

depends the dealer usually has a lot of them in stock. from what i get the navi 6MT is hard to get. i would place the order by mid march to make sure you get it my May. i ordered mine last week and my sales person said 4-8 weeks.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:53 PM
10th Gear

There seems to be a good supply of TL's in the NY\NJ area.

I walked in last Monday the 16th and will be picking up my Anthracite\Ebony 6mt with Navi on Wed. the 25th. The dealer I went to didn't have one in stock so he just swapped with another dealer.

Any car without Navi should be relatively easy to get. The sales manger said 1 in 30 AT cars have navi and about 1 in 50 MT cars have it. Take that with a grain of salt though, he was just trying to convince me that my car was so special i should not even try to negotiate a lower price...

Matt
Old 02-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Kooz
There seems to be a good supply of TL's in the NY\NJ area.

I walked in last Monday the 16th and will be picking up my Anthracite\Ebony 6mt with Navi on Wed. the 25th. The dealer I went to didn't have one in stock so he just swapped with another dealer.

Any car without Navi should be relatively easy to get. The sales manger said 1 in 30 AT cars have navi and about 1 in 50 MT cars have it. Take that with a grain of salt though, he was just trying to convince me that my car was so special i should not even try to negotiate a lower price...

Matt
A 6MT w/ Navi and in that color combo is really, really, really special in my eyes. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare...
Old 02-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Advanced

3% and 2% with Navi - I don't think so. One dealer told me in January that navis were at about 18% of the production run and another told me a few weeks later that Acura is stepping up to about 40% because of the high demand.
Out of curiousity, which NJ dealer told you this percentage? Turnersville Acura near Philly was the one who told me 40%.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:07 PM
8th Gear

The TL I was looking for is a 6MT with Navi in ANthrocite and ebony. Just what you got Kooz!!! You have good taste !

I did not want any other color or type of car so I will go
and check it out over the next few weeks!

Hopefully everything falls into place
Old 02-24-2004, 05:37 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Buying Experience

The TL I was looking for is a 6MT with Navi in ANthrocite and ebony. Just what you got Kooz!!! You have good taste !

I did not want any other color or type of car so I will go
and check it out over the next few weeks!

Hopefully everything falls into place
Hey mcag22, check out the story of my buying experience:

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=2

Been to all the dealers in the NYC tri-state area. FORGET Paragon and Manhattan right off the bat. Since the gallery is temporarily out of commission, I'll send a copy of Acura's Northeast dealer customer service ratings list to anyone who PM's me with their e-mail address.

6MT/Navi
Old 02-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Cruisin'

I ordered my TL last Friday. I ordered a silver with black interior, 6MT with Navi. They guessed that it would arrive late April/early May. They put the physical order into the system on Friday. They said that when they find out the exact build date, they will give me a call. They said they expect delivery of a vehicle 2-3 weeks after its build date.

I'm freaking out that I have to wait 2 months. I dream about this car every night. I think about it all day at work. I don't know how I'm going to make it.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:04 PM
8th Gear

Thanks for the link DMZ - I will definetly email them and request a quote before I go there.
I am pretty new to the forum so I am not sure what PM means? or how do I do it?

SHould I talk to Anthony or talk to Mike - the sales manager when I go there?

Hoffer I can't wait either but at least you are one step closer then me to getting the TL
I can't wait to order it.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:33 PM
10th Gear

Hey I said take the info with a grain of salt :-).

I'm getting my car from Ramsey Acura.

I've also visited DCH acura in Verona, NJ and they seem to have a bunch of TL's on the lot. I did not take notice of how many were navi versus non navi. I visited them first and there lease seemed a little out of line.

Ramsey Acura seemed more willing to deal on the price and work out a deal to pay off some of my existing lease (2001 Audi S4). They wound up being about 70 bucks cheaper than DCH. But to be fair to DCH I didn't really negotiate that much with them. I don't think they took me seriously. Their loss, they should learn not to judge a book by the cover...
Old 02-24-2004, 07:45 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Thanks for the link DMZ - I will definetly email them and request a quote before I go there.
I am pretty new to the forum so I am not sure what PM means? or how do I do it?

SHould I talk to Anthony or talk to Mike - the sales manager when I go there?

Hoffer I can't wait either but at least you are one step closer then me to getting the TL
I can't wait to order it.
PM stands for Private Messaging. I also sent you a message that way as well. Click on [user cp] at the top left.

Don't waste your time e-mailing dealers! As far as they're concerned, you might just as well be another dealer checking them out. This happens all the time. Definitely talk to Anthony. The call is toll-free and I guarantee you'll get a much better price if you call 1st, make an appointment, then GO THERE.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:15 PM
5th Gear

Just a note on the availability of NAVI units. I've visited 2 dealers in the MPLS area...one had 15 cars on the lot (2 with NAVI), the other dealer had 14 cars...5 with NAVI (interesting that all 14 cars at that dealer were AT). I was in Chicago last week for work...drove by an Acura lot while looking for my hotel, so I stopped in to check things out. They had 12 cars on the lot...3 with NAVI...2 of the NAVI were even 6 speed models which are supposed to be really tough to find.

Definitely harder to find cars with NAVI...but it appears that at least 25% of the cars are being built with NAVI.