3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

October issue of Car and Driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i've been there, also to g35frenzy, and 6mt.net.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey3c
Now it sounds like you're a tad biased... the reliability record for acura has fallen. In the area of initial quality acura fell from the top 3 to about 12th. I do not have the article in front of my and Consumers did not list the 3g as one of the used cars with a better than average reliability record. As for the rest well it is a magazine ... A front driver will never be on a par with a rear... The rear is more fun to drive...
Although Acura has come down some in quality, BMW in my opinion doesn't come close to the mechanical quality of Acura. I admit I'm a bit surprised by the number of tiny issues my TL has, rattles, butt print etc., my prior 2000 323I had a number of mechanical issues that thankfully were covered under warranty. I had the car for 4 years but only had 32K on it when I sold it and it seemed like I was visiting the shop all the time for repairs, even the van guy who would shuttle you to work knew me by name. I had window problem, sun roof problems, dash console problems (whole unit had to be replaced, brake problems, and a number of minor nagging issues. I really enjoyed my 323I when there weren't the issues but that only lasted a few month at a time.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mindcrime
Although Acura has come down some in quality, BMW in my opinion doesn't come close to the mechanical quality of Acura. I admit I'm a bit surprised by the number of tiny issues my TL has, rattles, butt print etc., my prior 2000 323I had a number of mechanical issues that thankfully were covered under warranty. I had the car for 4 years but only had 32K on it when I sold it and it seemed like I was visiting the shop all the time for repairs, even the van guy who would shuttle you to work knew me by name. I had window problem, sun roof problems, dash console problems (whole unit had to be replaced, brake problems, and a number of minor nagging issues. I really enjoyed my 323I when there weren't the issues but that only lasted a few month at a time.
Well the driver mags to do care so much about quality. My GF in 98 had a 328 and it seemed to be fairly reliable. I know a lot of years have past since then and it seemed that I hear more and more about issues. I know the desire to keep vendor pricing as low as possible contribute to reliability issues. When you buy brakes or any other component from a vendor and you want to meet a price point. It is tough to keep the same level of quality.

And I agree with you I do not want the people in the service department to know me on a first name basis. Some call it personalized service... lol