Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
damn champ...right around the airbag location itself. that sucks.

i always thought this cracked dash phenomenon occured when you cycle on/off the AC and HEAT numerous times over a long period. the constant change in temperature creates weak spots and causes the split.

for that reason, i hardly ever run my AC or HEAT.
You would if you have summers like we do....or you'd smell like a dirty gym jock everywhere you went, after the inside of your car roasted you, :-D.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
damn champ...right around the airbag location itself. that sucks.

i always thought this cracked dash phenomenon occured when you cycle on/off the AC and HEAT numerous times over a long period. the constant change in temperature creates weak spots and causes the split.

for that reason, i hardly ever run my AC or HEAT.
How freaking ridiculous does that sound?! We're driving entry-level luxury vehicles, and we are avoiding simple conveniences such as A/C and heat?!?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:02 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
^meh, as ridiculous as it may seem...my dash is in great shape and shows no signs of cracking.

i'd rather break a sweat than have a huge crack on my dash.

every car has its problems. this is one of the TL's problems.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Mine has yet to show any kinds of cracks. I havnt treated the dash in like 2 months already I usually use 303 Aerospace for my dash and all vinyls/rubbers in the car.

It gets pretty sunny and hot in SD as of late. I always forget to open the windows to ventilate the heat that accumulates inside the car, I have light tint and it always parked in the sun(no garage for me)> I just went outside to see if any signs of cracking but no where to be seen.

But lately I have seen the airbag imprint beginning to appear and 303 aerospace isnt helping at all to hide it. Any other suggestions, I am not a fan of car dash covers anymore.
May need to purchase a custom sun shade.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
I never had the imprint of the air bag until I cleaned it with a leather cleaner product.

its only damp microfiber for me.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
I have the airbag imprint on my 07 Type-S that only has 22k miles on it. I hate it but if it ever cracks hopefully I can get the good dealer to hook me up like some people are getting.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
I never had the imprint of the air bag until I cleaned it with a leather cleaner product.

its only damp microfiber for me.
I am sure there is a product that can hide it. Why would you use a leather cleaner on your dash?

I may intermittently just use 303 Aerospace every 2 weeks, than just use a wet damp cloth to wipe off any dust, but I think why you apply the dash protectant on your suppose to have the windows opened to air dry properly.

Not sure if thats true, I usually treat it at night when its all cool, but never leave the windows opened.