Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Resect

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 AM
Jokerman

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
No Resect

The other day i was driving home from work and saw another WDP TL. Now with me loving this car so much i drive up closer and see that it is another Florida WDP TL in VA with a parcment interior, just no tint or wing. i roll my windows down to show some respect, pull up beside him doing around 65 and give him the nod. What do i get in return; a pissed off look and him trying to take off. no nod, no smile, nothing. but i would't just let him leave, i followed him for about 5 miles leap froging him(still enroute to home) until he got off his exit, which was the one before mine. I hope i see it again, it was nice to see another WDP TL from florida in this POS state VA even if the driver had NO RESPECT.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:39 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Azine is slow today just lost the post I put up..

Anyway what did you expect out of it? A number exchange.

He/she was probably in a foul mood and having a complete stranger roll up to them and start to roll down his windows would be the best thing to do at th time. No mods and no care as I put it..

BTW, most of the people driving TL's just don't give a shit even if they own one in the end its a car that takes them to point A to point B. We look at things a bit different around here.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let me guess... this other guy was about middle aged, wife and kids at home--just tryig to get home after a long work day. Maybe he didnt feel like he owed you any 'respect'. If anyone 'pulled up along side me' at 65 , id feel sorry for them... { btw- no disrespect to you; just another 'old guy' pespective'!]
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Don't worry, your not the first and you most certainly won't be the last.....

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ging+TL+owners

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ging+TL+owners
Old 11-05-2007, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerman826
but i would't just let him leave, i followed him for about 5 miles leap froging him(still enroute to home) until he got off his exit, which was the one before mine.
good way to cause an accident.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
VA is not a Piece of Shit State... at least we don't have all those fucking q-tips driving around here....
Old 11-05-2007, 09:30 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ Fucking Q-tips? Hahhahahahahahahaha!! Jeff that was funny as shit!

I'm gonna start calling you WDPs that shit! What the hell did you expect? Oh, you thought you were going to get the VIP NBP treatment? I don't think so!

Fucking Q-tips wanting respect! Sheesh!

I can just see it now. Hi sir (waving)...I have a WDP too! He's like "And?!! I wish I had NBP! Leave me alone!"
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol i had an incident like this once. i saw a CL-S and caught up to it turned out it was a chick. i paced her she kept lookin over so i smiled. we stoped at a red light she rolls her window down and cusses me out sayin that stop tryin to race her blah blah blah what are u like 10 blah blah. she was in her 30s i was like wtf i just wanted to say nice car lady. being the smart ass that i am i started talkin back to her and i was likw how does it make u feel that a 20yr old is drivin the same car as you...you didnt get very far in life did u? bitch gave me the dirtiest look and sped off lol.

i had another incident recently in my town. theres a kid with a red CL-S. this was completely coincidental that i saw him 3 times passin eachother the opposite way. being the jackass that i am i floored it the first 2 times i saw him so he could hear my shit lol. the 3rd time i was jus cruising by him he rolls the window down and flips me off. i was shocked, wheres the acura love lol.
apperently he doesnt like kids in TLs lol he flipped my friend off with a 3g aspec

dont think people in CLs like me too much
Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 AM
zero to biotch:3.0s

Originally Posted by rbf351
good way to cause an accident.
ur avatar is disgusting
Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 AM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Don't sweat it. He's probably thinking you're showing off and he's jealous because his car is stock. There are too many TLs on the road. 80% of them are stock with drivers that don't give a hoot about car enthusiasts, they just want to be driving an "entry-level luxury car".

I tend to give a nod only to drivers that have cars that are modded out. That way when they see my car they see I'm an enthusiast too and understand that respect.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
The other day i was driving home from work and saw another WDP TL. Now with me loving this car so much i drive up closer and see that it is another Florida WDP TL in VA with a parcment interior, just no tint or wing. i roll my windows down to show some respect, pull up beside him doing around 65 and give him the nod. What do i get in return; a pissed off look and him trying to take off. no nod, no smile, nothing. but i would't just let him leave, i followed him for about 5 miles leap froging him(still enroute to home) until he got off his exit, which was the one before mine. I hope i see it again, it was nice to see another WDP TL from florida in this POS state VA even if the driver had NO RESPECT.

Don't worry about it man, I would have gave you some props! I actually get that lot. Young guys see my car and want to pull along side to race or something. I usually just nod and go about my business. Alot of TL owners around here just don't care about that stuff.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 6spdtls
ur avatar is disgusting
maybe ask where it's from before making a comment.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

I want the last 1minute and 23 seconds of my life back reading this useless thread

big freakin' deal - the guy didn't wave or smile back to you...move on bro

time to this thread...haven't we had many others like this?!?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
maybe ask where it's from before making a comment.
lol rbf always had a knack of being an ass
Old 11-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
^^^Wow, that was a little harsh (and unwarranted/unfounded).
Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by bforbrian
lol rbf always had a knack of being an ass
i'm just stating the obvious. honestly who the fuck cares if the guy in the TL next to you didn't wave back.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:32 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
yeah, when I'm driving around and spot another TL, I will immediately zoom up and keep driving circles around them until they acknowledge me with the proper shock and awe.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
RAR

ur avatar is disgusting
Yeah I've disabled all avatars here at work...
Old 11-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Jokerman

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by 05tlguy
let me guess... this other guy was about middle aged, wife and kids at home--just tryig to get home after a long work day. Maybe he didnt feel like he owed you any 'respect'. If anyone 'pulled up along side me' at 65 , id feel sorry for them... { btw- no disrespect to you; just another 'old guy' pespective'!]
this was actually a guy in his 20's
Old 11-05-2007, 03:06 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
Azine is slow today just lost the post I put up..

Anyway what did you expect out of it? A number exchange.

He/she was probably in a foul mood and having a complete stranger roll up to them and start to roll down his windows would be the best thing to do at th time. No mods and no care as I put it..

BTW, most of the people driving TL's just don't give a shit even if they own one in the end its a car that takes them to point A to point B. We look at things a bit different around here.

Yeah no doubt about that. I see people driving TLs all the time here in VA and FL and no one realy cares...

Oh and VA isn't a POS but VA<FL
Old 11-05-2007, 06:16 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Yeah no doubt about that. I see people driving TLs all the time here in VA and FL and no one realy cares...

Oh and VA isn't a POS but VA<FL
uhm

NY will own all of your states 100x over

USA<NY
Old 11-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
I usually only give the thumbs up if I see that they have a somewhat modified ride...otherwise they might just think you are stalking them. Mind you that a lot of people don't even know forums/message boards exists...about cars!!

I did drive down sunset one day and past a NBP just like mine and as we drove by each other we both had the same "wtf, same mods?!" -look. lol.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Instructor

by any chance aznbo187 do you drive a NBP TL-S? I keep spotting a TL-S driving around Westwood, Veteran and Sunset
Old 11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by aznbo187
I usually only give the thumbs up if I see that they have a somewhat modified ride...otherwise they might just think you are stalking them. Mind you that a lot of people don't even know forums/message boards exists...about cars!!

I did drive down sunset one day and past a NBP just like mine and as we drove by each other we both had the same "wtf, same mods?!" -look. lol.
Hahahaha...yeah Mike, I agree. I don't acknowledge "mere mortals" (stockies)!!

I tell you what always gets my attention tho, and that's a nice ass, cleaned up tinted NBP TL-S!!! FUCK!!!!! That car just says don't fuck with me...Stella does too by the way!! So don't fuck with her!!!

I've had my car for a year tomorrow! I still get out the car and just look at her as I walk away. Then stop right before I walk in the door, and look again. My car looks menacing in person! Fucking intimidating! I know I get acknowledged. But like Michael Jordan or Tiger...I gotta act aloof! No fucking autographs! Hahahahahahaha!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Hahahaha...yeah Mike, I agree. I don't acknowledge "mere mortals" (stockies)!!

I tell you what always gets my attention tho, and that's a nice ass, cleaned up tinted NBP TL-S!!! FUCK!!!!! That car just says don't fuck with me...Stella does too by the way!! So don't fuck with her!!!

I've had my car for a year tomorrow! I still get out the car and just look at her as I walk away. Then stop right before I walk in the door, and look again. My car looks menacing in person! Fucking intimidating! I know I get acknowledged. But like Michael Jordan or Tiger...I gotta act aloof! No fucking autographs! Hahahahahahaha!

Uhmm, yeah man, you're well known in them there parts.

When I drove through Maryland a couple months ago, I stalked every TL I saw. You know, just to say, "Nice car dude" (or dude-ette as the case maybe).

And everyone of them, without exception, said,"What? This old thing? This is nothing. Have you heard of "Stella"? Now that is one bad-ass bitch of a TL. Best F'n car in Maryland."

So props to you man, you're famous (or infamous, as the case may be).

:wink:
Old 11-05-2007, 07:41 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whenever I try to give another Acura member some respect they don't aknowledge it or just they try to go for a run.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Are you seriously pissed about that? LOL wow...unless I see a modded TL i don't really give any attention to other TL's? I really don't get what some of you expect to get out of it? Hi, you have an Acura! HEY SO DO YOU!!! HEY SO DO THE OTHER 5,000 PEOPLE THAT BUY TL's A MONTH!!! Lets say hi to all of them!!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:27 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Uhmm, yeah man, you're well known in them there parts.

When I drove through Maryland a couple months ago, I stalked every TL I saw. You know, just to say, "Nice car dude" (or dude-ette as the case maybe).

And everyone of them, without exception, said,"What? This old thing? This is nothing. Have you heard of "Stella"? Now that is one bad-ass bitch of a TL. Best F'n car in Maryland."

So props to you man, you're famous (or infamous, as the case may be).

:wink:
Old 11-05-2007, 11:32 PM
FizzyStatus!

Fuck man..I have YET to see a modified TL on the road

Besides meets and shows

Speaking of which..would be pretty badass to have a shoot in VA

hahah and I love how Ray calls his car intimidating and fierce...and then fuckin calls her Stella haha Grandma Name
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Fuck man..I have YET to see a modified TL on the road

Besides meets and shows

Speaking of which..would be pretty badass to have a shoot in VA

hahah and I love how Ray calls his car intimidating and fierce...and then fuckin calls her Stella haha Grandma Name
Grandma is not too far off...she is named after a character in an old movie. I call her Stella cuz she's the streetcar I desire. Never saw the movie. LOL! I just thought it was kinda cool at the time. Anyway, Stella is not on my plates. They say "CUWNICU"! Now that fits the theme! You gotta be down with me to get the name. Truth of the matter is...I was thinking of changing the name. I have a new name lined up! One that fits her personality more! Hmm...

More news at 11...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 AM
FizzyStatus!

hahah no man don't change it. I'm too used to Stella haha.

Plus, it does kinda fit her personality, lame...boring...snore-worthy
Old 11-06-2007, 12:23 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
dude aside from a meet... the only modded 3gs I see were both parked next to me at the rj meet so even they dont count lmfao...

and I am reffering to 2 wdp (damn q tips) - rodney and actros

ps. I did get to take actros' monster for a spin... some dude in an nbp type s (stock/ I own one but modded of course) pulled up to actros' monster and got served I didnt get to take his car over 80... but I am 1000000% sure its got double potential
Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

hahah no man don't change it. I'm too used to Stella haha.

Plus, it does kinda fit her personality, lame...boring...snore-worthy
Hahahahhahaha!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
ur avatar is disgusting
I agree SICK motherfk'r
Old 11-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Advanced

this was actually a guy in his 20's
when i was in my 20's i would have laughed at you instead.... and 'leapfrogging' -er- chasing someone down through heavy traffic- is a great way to KILL someone else's loved one[s]. In today's world the safest bet when being' leapfrogged' is a quick call to the state police. Still no disrespect to you, [and not to stereotype you as one] but there are already enough moronic racer-punks on the roads.--- take your shit to the track----
Old 11-06-2007, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
I agree SICK motherfk'r
another jackass on this site, like i said, ask what is it before you make a dumb ass comment as if you know where it is from, and what it means
Old 11-06-2007, 10:50 AM
RAR

another jackass on this site, like i said, ask what is it before you make a dumb ass comment as if you know where it is from, and what it means
Does it matter where it's from or what it means? It's like using the picture of the hairy armpit that looks like a vagina.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leedogg
Does it matter where it's from or what it means? It's like using the picture of the hairy armpit that looks like a vagina.

I think its Dave Grohl.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

i feel ya, bro. i was at columbia mall and i saw a 3g ASM tl- S so i passed by him and gave him the nod in my wdp tl-s and i got zippy response back. BITTER!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
FizzyStatus!

Honestly...theres us enthusiasts
then theres that group of TLers that know nothing about the car and think they're the shit in stock TL's
and then theres the older group who dont really care about the TL, its just a means of transporttion from point a to point b