Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no loaner from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no loaner from dealer?

I brought my car into antonio acura in Groton ct for 2 safety recall and an oil change service done. I asked them if I could get a loaner since they were keeping it for most of the day. The service person told me that they couldn't give me a loaner car since I didn't bought my acura from them. Is there any truth to this? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:06 AM
My baby's ride...

Originally Posted by minhtin
I brought my car into antonio acura in Groton ct for 2 safety recall and an oil change service done. I asked them if I could get a loaner since they were keeping it for most of the day. The service person told me that they couldn't give me a loaner car since I didn't bought my acura from them. Is there any truth to this? Thanks.
No and it already sounds like customer service at this dealer will be minimal.

I go to a dealer for service and they always ask me if I want a loaner (and I didn't buy from them).
Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Advanced

now is this per dealer basis or can I call Acura and complain?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Hey I go to Antonino in Groton, I live in the Norwich area...I didn't think there were anyother Aziners out this way
They told me the same thing when I brought my car in for the recalls. I asked them to give me a ride to the crystal mall and they were more than happy too. Next time when I call for service I will DEMAND a loner, if they refuse I will threaten to go to inskip.
BTW - PM me I have a guy (local) who does all of my Acura/Honda work, he has worked on Hondas for over 16 years ond only works on Ac/Honda, I can hook you up! Oh- and I have the hook-up at townfair tire in New London if you need some rims

Last edited by CarrieLynn; 10-29-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
It shouldn't matter that you didn't buy your car from the dealer. Do you have an acuracare extended warranty on you car? Are you under 25?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Nismo TL yo!

I got a loaner for 2 hours one time. Schaller Acura in Manchester, CT. I've had good experiences there and they are very nice to me, which is rare to get respect as a younger customer.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 720 Likes on 520 Posts
I'm under 25 (24) and the couple of times I've taken my car in for service they've always asked if I needed a loaner. It shouldn't matter where you bought it from. Sounds like bad customer service to me...
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Advanced

hey carrie it's good to know there are locals around. I would deffinently like the hooks up when I get the money. I just bought some a-spec so I am going to take that to base and install it mysef. Should be fun, I hope.

I will be turning 25 next month but they had no way to determine my age since I didn't give them my Id. Regardless I think it's totaly Unsat. Back in California I was treated like king. Here I feel like a fly on a turd.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Safety Car

yeah, you will never be "wowed" by Antonino's customer service but there is really nowhere else to go around here.
Hit me up if you need anything
Carrie
Old 10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I have always been offer a loaner whenever I took my old TSX and now TL-S in for service or repair. Sorry to hear this place doesn't do that. If you get a survey you can comment about it.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Loaner cars are not mandatory- acura dealers are private business and provide the cars as a courtesy
First in line is paying customers -big service jobs that take all day
Next short time small jobs ,,,for people you want out of the waiting lounge~
Then warranty jobs can have a car if any remaining that day-

warranty pays the dealer about half of their normal rate, be appreciative when they do get you a loaner, ask for a reason if they cant or wont give you one.
Some desk staff or service writers dont know why or how anything is done- so demanding something that is NOT a right- its a bonus....
thats not gonig to help you

threaten to go to another dealer for your warranty work???- good!!-
now they dont have to listen to your story of woe anymore~

your positive attitude and gestures of goodwill---- like mentioning perfect 10s on a survey
will go a long way- just like anywhere...grease the wheel!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Advanced

I am not really dissing them per say. It just seems that their service or lack there of seems subpar compared to other acura dealers I've been to across the nation. The service writer didn't seem all that rude but I got the feeling that he thinks I am some punk kid driving his parents car just because I look young. He didn't go out of his way to offer excellent service. I had to ask whether or not if a ride was available. I've been to countries where people hates American and yet I get friendlier treatments when we drive though town.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 6spdtl-s
I got a loaner for 2 hours one time. Schaller Acura in Manchester, CT. I've had good experiences there and they are very nice to me, which is rare to get respect as a younger customer.
You are THE ONLY person i have heard that has had a good experience at this dealer. I have heard nothing but horror stories about this dealership. I've already converted 4 Acura owners to my dealer (Ron Bouchard's Acura of Auburn in Auburn Massachusetts). They know how to treat people correctly.

To the OP, that is some BS. I didnt buy my car from my service dealer but i've had no problems ever getting a loaner from them. I wouldnt do anymore business with that dealership.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by JAH Bless
You are THE ONLY person i have heard that has had a good experience at this dealer. I have heard nothing but horror stories about this dealership. I've already converted 4 Acura owners to my dealer (Ron Bouchard's Acura of Auburn in Auburn Massachusetts). They know how to treat people correctly.

To the OP, that is some BS. I didnt buy my car from my service dealer but i've had no problems ever getting a loaner from them. I wouldnt do anymore business with that dealership.
Really???? Can you elaborate on these stories a bit?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ive been to schaller acura once and that was when we were looking for my sister's RDX. The salespeople weren't rude, but they weren't that friendly either. They pushed us to buy the car right then and there (like most dealers), but i prefer taking my own time and making my own decisions as opposed to being coerced into make instant decisions. I go to Morande Acura for my service and have never had a problem. The one time I asked for a loaner over the phone they said no, but when I went in they were more than willing to give me one - I guess it just depends on who you talk to. Then again, my family has bought 3 cars from them so they better treat us right
Old 10-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Pro

huh? I bought my 05 a month ago from a volkswagen dealer ( gave me one hell of a trade in on my 06 GLI ), then 2 weeks ago took my new car into pohanka acura in VA for a recall and they gave me a 09 TSX for the day. My car was bought bran new in NY.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Advanced

Acura of Brookfield here in Wisconsin does not provide a loaner vehicle for people who do not purchase their cars from that dealership. Which sucks...because they are 1 mile down the road from me. Even worse is I bought my car from a Acura dealership that owns Acura of Brookfield.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Advanced

I think it's because they're the only Acura dealership near the area. If there was another one, i bet you my sandwich i am eating right now that they would treat you like king!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
i bought my car privately and take it to Fresno Acura. THey always ask if i need a ride or a loaner. i dont know why dealers turn people down like that. im 21 and have NEVER had a problem with customer service
Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Racer

When i called executive acura for an appointment to get my recalls done, they asked me if i was going to need a loaner. I had an 08 rdx. I would recommend this dealership if ypu want to drive out to north haven.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
I'm 18 and I got a loaner from Niello Acura, but I bought my TL from Acura of Las Vegas.
But, I think most dealers have the policy where you have to be 25 to get a loaner. I'm thinking that they only gave me a loaner because they kept making me come back (weds, friday then the next weds)
Old 10-30-2008, 05:54 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Its not just dealer policy on age- legally--its considered a rental car, and subject to State insurance rules on min age, in Ca its supposed to be 25,,,but if they know you or extreme situations....
Old 10-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Filipina

Karen Radley Acura in VA loans them on a first come first served basis, if you are receiving repair service. Never got one while getting an oil change though. And the age 25+ policy doesn't apply there, I've been getting loaners since I was 16 from that dealership.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dealer; I'm not allowed to have a loaner vehicle either, but I beleive it's because I'm only 20 and dealership's won't allow anyone under 25 to have a loaner car. Assuming you are over that age, I'd look to another dealer who will treat you with the respct you deserve.

Off Topic but I go down to Westbrook, CT in the summertime which is near you. My roommate has a place down there on LIS and I love it there. I'm planning on owning something down there in when I get out of college.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
been there, done that

[QUOTE=Fireguy0826;10137091]huh? I bought my 05 a month ago from a volkswagen dealer ( gave me one hell of a trade in on my 06 GLI ), then 2 weeks ago took my new car into pohanka acura in VA for a recall and they gave me a 09 TSX for the day. My car was bought bran new in NY.[/QUOTEI

I TAKE MY CAR TO POHANKA AS WELL...
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Many dealers in the NYC area won't give out loaners if you didn't buy from them. But i just got my recall done at Acura of Manhattan since I work in the city, I just dropped off in the morning and picked it up after work.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Safety Car

wow, this is getting good...

gonna get right up soon...
Old 10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow.. that's a horrible excuse. I agree, this is a not a good sign of them being interested in satisfying you. I hope nothing goes wrong with your car while it's there. They are likely to blame you or someone else for it with this kind of behavior.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
I went to Piazza Acura of Ardmore. According to their policy you have to be 25+ to loan a car, at least that is what I was told when i was getting oil change. However, when i went get my recall done the service guy hesitate it at first but he made a exceptional lend me a brand new 2008 TSX for a day. I was 21 and I bought my car from GMC dealer.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Race Director

Received 596 Likes on 430 Posts
do lots have different age restrictions or what? Fresno Acura tells me as long as im 21 i can get a car. when a car isnt available Enterprise Rental waives the 25 age limit, as long as im 21, and Acura pays for my rental. just curious? does anyone else have this happen to them
Old 10-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
shaynegomes11- We don't roll that way on AZ. I suggest you look at the rules for posting. They are here: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-rules-guidelines-nws-posting-new-members-please-read-before-you-post-627286/
Old 10-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Advanced

I take it that the age limit is not set in stone and dealership has a lee way as to how old u can be to give out a loaner. Wasn't really the case though, they just flat out told me I wasn't getting a loaner because I didn't get the car through them.

At a later time the service writer called me back with a quote to get a spec suspensions installed... Needless to say I am not going back there again unless my engine mysteriously drops out of the bay.

Hopefuly next duty station will have better services and actually offers military discount.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Instructor

Sounds pretty shitty to me. I am 22, did not buy my car from Acura or any other Acura dealership and they still gave me a 09 TSX with the Tech Package (very nice :-) ) I had the car for over a day and when I went to go pick up my car it was vacuumed, washed, and waiting. All that for two recalls. It's a shame some dealerships are stingy like that. You figure they would take care of their customers better and if they give them brand new loaners that may persuade them to upgrade.

and Minhthin, where are you stationed and have you heard of an Acura dealership giving a military discount? I wasn't aware discounts could be given for those type of services.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Advanced

I am stationed in Groton ct. Back in California I often get discount for maintanence and upgrade work. The dealers over there always offer me a loaner even If it's only for a few hours.

As far as their so call "car wash" goes, I was furious when I got the car back. A month back, I spent 15 hours detailing my car to get rid of paint contaminant and swirl marks. What I got back looks like it just went through a machine wash or the person didn't soak the car down well enough before scrubing. I had swirl marks all over the place. The hood wasn't completly cleaned down. It looked like someone had spill something on the hood, then proceed to wipe it down. Not doing a very good job either because I could see the outline of the chemical in a circular motion. Then they put that armor crap on my tires. It looks shinier than my dress shoes. The vacumm job was fairly decent, at least they're consistant when it comes to sucking.

Needless to say, when I got home I gave her a good hand wash in 36 degree weather. That really sucked.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Filipina

Originally Posted by crazyasiantl
do lots have different age restrictions or what? Fresno Acura tells me as long as im 21 i can get a car. when a car isnt available Enterprise Rental waives the 25 age limit, as long as im 21, and Acura pays for my rental. just curious? does anyone else have this happen to them

Yes, when my acura dealership runs out of loaners they send us to the local Enterprise, pays for the rental and they have never said anything about age. I'm 20 and my car was not bought from the acura dealership. IMO I think all dealerships vary, mine in particular are really big on customer service, and they do everything they can to get good customer service reviews.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Loaner cars are a dealer choice and not mandatory, though most will oblige. The name for this is "customer goodwill".

It's indeed on a first come, first served basis. The dealerships only have so many 'loaners' and when those are gone, they're gone. Big dealerships will typically have 20 to 30 loaners. If you want one, call ahead and make an appointment for service, request a loaner and get there early.

The body shop will not have a loaner. That's what your rental car coverage is for on your insurance policy.

Youthful drivers sometimes do present an undesirable risk. I can understand them being hesitant to let you have one. If I were the dealer and knew the young person or his/her family and /or they had been a long time customer it would probably influence my decision. This situation would likely be best addressed by the dealer simply having an official policy and then making no exceptions, no matter whose kid it is. I would probably draw the line at 21 (and make certain this was understood at time of sale).

Last edited by Cap'n Preshoot; 10-31-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ Maybe check driver's record...

Call to make an appointment and then ask for loaner on the day when its available. Also, dressing like a big man would help.