3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ-Monmouth area dealer reccommedations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ-Monmouth area dealer reccommedations?

Finally finished my 22 years of schooling and wanted to treat my self a gift---TL.

I heard NJ dealers usually give the lowest price of all east coast, and I am wondering which dealer would you recommend. If any dealer has excellent service it would also be a big plus.

I am willing to travel to anywhere in Jersey, Philly, Delaware, or lower NY.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
321 whp SAE

i'm from monmouth county.. Stay away from open road in East Brunswick. I bought mine from DCH Montclair Acura. Ask for Mike Seitz.. shoot a low price at him, lower then you think they'll except. Don't service your car there. Terrible. I service my car at Acura of Ocean - use Joe as your service advisor.. Great guy..

So try Monctclair Acura, Park Ave Acura, Acura of Ocean, and Open road of Wayne.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
DCH is good. I bought my CL from them.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gainful
Finally finished my 22 years of schooling and wanted to treat my self a gift---TL.

I heard NJ dealers usually give the lowest price of all east coast, and I am wondering which dealer would you recommend. If any dealer has excellent service it would also be a big plus.

I am willing to travel to anywhere in Jersey, Philly, Delaware, or lower NY.
Go to Acura of Ocean and ask for James Dunleavey. I got my 2005 5AT w/o Navi for $31,000 ($500 above dealer invoice)

He's a great guy (low pressure) and the Finance Mgr (Russell) won't push aftermarket sales at you. Tell them Ed sent you. Let Jim know I'm the guy that took delivery of the Black Nighthawk Pearl/Ebony on Dec 30th. LOL
Old 02-28-2005, 08:12 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bklynpanman
Stay away from open road in East Brunswick.
What's your horror story about them? I can't honestly say this until I pick up my car, but so far I haven't had a problem with my salesman. I'm getting 05 Navi Anth/Ebony for 33k (incl. dest) + tax...etc
Old 02-28-2005, 08:39 AM
321 whp SAE

the day i was supposed to pick up my car.. my salesman calle me and said somebody back into it.. which was bull.. i looked up the vin# and the car didn't have navigation when is should have.. So he lied.. Good thing was he got me a car 3 days later. though it had a pinstipe that I had to take off.

Service there is terrible.. they are incompetent. I won't get into that... Pick up your car and run. !!
Old 02-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the day i was supposed to pick up my car.. my salesman calle me and said somebody back into it.. which was bull.. i looked up the vin# and the car didn't have navigation when is should have.. So he lied.. Good thing was he got me a car 3 days later. though it had a pinstipe that I had to take off.

Service there is terrible.. they are incompetent. I won't get into that... Pick up your car and run. !!
Is your experience recent? I'm confused since here you are talking about getting the car from Open Road, and in your 1st post, you said you got your car from DCH.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Renaissance Man

I used to service my car at Acura of Ocean, as my family has purchased and serviced 5 vehicles from them in the last 15 years. Then in 2003 they started doing a really crappy job, and I won't take my car back there. I realize I am driving a high-mileage car and there are bound to be problems (98 2.3CL w/ 135k), but their service has been less than spectacular.
Over the course of 2003 and early 2004:
They refused to fix a suspension lubrication problem (rear suspension was squeaking a lot) because "there was stuff in the trunk" (a set of golf clubs). I took the "stuff" out upon my next visit and told them to fix it again. All it took was some axle grease.
They charged me for resurfacing the brake rotors and, 2 days later, vibration under braking returned. Later I found out that they had ground the brakes down to below acceptable thickness.
They replaced my exhaust system, not including cat, and charged over $800. They did not replace the exhaust tips, and when I noticed it, they told me it would cost me another $250, not including labor. My car is driving around with two little dinky 1" pipes sticking out from under the bumper.
On the same trip as the exhaust, they charged me 2 hours' labor for the recall on the ignition switch, which had affected my car specifically because it would not start sometimes. They claimed they had to check out what the problem was, even though I told them there was an outstanding recall and to try that first.
They also routinely changed some presets on the radio (not all, so it's not like they hit the autoscan button by mistake) when they were not performing any service that required the battery to be disconnected. I know this is only a minor thing, but when they keep screwing up the major stuff, it makes it all the more unacceptable.

I also contacted their internet salesperson about potentially ordering a TL in ABP/Ebony, which is available in Canada off the same assembly line as every other TL. She was extremely rude and suggested that I do my research before contacting her again. I replied with an equally rude message, telling her of my family's history with the dealership, my recent service woes, and that I did in fact "do my research" and laid out exactly how she would be able to order a custom color combo. She said she would talk to their sales manager. I have not heard anything since.

I'm basically an impatient person, but overall, I have not been happy with Acura of Ocean. IIRC, there are others on this board who have had similar experiences there.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 AM
321 whp SAE

maybe you're just ugly flanagan
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 AM
321 whp SAE

Adam. Open Road of Wayne is good.. not Open Road of East brunswick. DCH Montclair and Park Ave Acura are good as well
Old 02-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Advanced

DCH Montclair was the best price I found but this may of been through a "connection"...not that much better than the surrounding dealers...although I did have some issues:

-Wrong spoiler on delivery
-Waited almost 3 hrs. to actually take delivery as "having problems w/DMV website in getting my temp. tags". My issue is they had all the paperwork, insurance, etc. prior to me getting there so why did they wait for me to get there to get this done.
-Once my car was in to change the spoiler it took 3 days LONGER than what they originially told me it was going to be. It seemed like every other day the "spoiler was being delivered today".

bklynpanman - love your avata
Old 02-28-2005, 04:04 PM
321 whp SAE

TLNJ. Glad to see someone with patriotism Yeah my DCH experience was wierd, but I guess the good price helps me overlook that.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Renaissance Man

Even if I WAS ugly, I think I'd rather spend money on plastic surgery than have my car serviced at Acura of Ocean again.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
don't go to Acura of Denville.....they suck....try Park Avenue....they have a really good rep...
Old 03-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Instructor

I bought mine at Precision Acura in Lawernceville. Ask for Drew he is the GM. Tell him Joe DiMaria sent you. You'll get a great deal
Old 03-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I have the need for speed

i'm from monmouth county.. Stay away from open road in East Brunswick. I bought mine from DCH Montclair Acura. Ask for Mike Seitz.. shoot a low price at him, lower then you think they'll except. Don't service your car there. Terrible. I service my car at Acura of Ocean - use Joe as your service advisor.. Great guy..

So try Monctclair Acura, Park Ave Acura, Acura of Ocean, and Open road of Wayne.

Mike Sietz doesn't work there anymore, he sells Saabs, but try Montclair Acura.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Cruisin'

Acura of Ocean - Would not budge below invoice + 1000..would not recommend

Open Road Acura gave me the best price for '04 TL, Auto, non-nav at 30,500.

Service dept has worked with me since I too have had some issues..tires, paint defect, glove box rattle

Do your homework, figure out what you are willing to pay and stick to it. The deal should be completed in less than 1/2 hr...

Good Luck
Old 03-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Team NightHawk VP

u can buy ur car anywhere, but do not service ur car at ryans open road acura...

i bring my car to acura of ocean now