Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie needs help

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Certified Gangster

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Newbie needs help

So... I can't put anything in my garage? This sucks d for crack. Can't I pay to just be normal?

I have been having problems with multiple things on my 3rd gen TL, commented on a thread that wouldn't post. This is terrible news.

I know every problem I'm having has a thread about it already. But I don't have pM privileges and apparently also can't comment on threads.

Kill me now.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Old 06-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Certified Gangster

Stop raising your eyebrow at me and do something man!!!

Ps- I used to live in stafford which used to have a huge import scene.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Certified Gangster

Can you at least tell me why I can't comment on other threads? Am I doing it wrong or do I not have that "privelege" either?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 PM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
^what other threads are you wanting to comment in??
you have full access to everything except for limited PM's and limited black market (our buying and selling threads)

Might as well ask here; what are your problems with the TL?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Certified Gangster

Thank you Jesus. Ok I just bought a TL for the low, because it has cosmetic problems. I bought a new front bumper, headlights, got wheels, and it seems like every time I fix one thing something else breaks.

1. Has anyone attempted to fix their headliner themselves? If so, how. Is this something that's even possible or do I just buy another one.

2. Is there a way to hook up an aux in cord to stock radio so I can listen to iPod, can I keep my steering controls. My tape player broke, which I used to do that. Is THAT fixable. Someone said something about a screwdriver, sounds sketchy.

3. What did you do about your cracked dashboard? I know 99% of y'all have/had one.

4. How do you replace lights in steering controls/air controls/radio that have gone out?

5. My windshield wipers stopped working, but has already had the recall done. Anyone else have this? And what did you end up having to do?

6. My car doesn't recognize my accent when programming the Bluetooth. Is this something y'all even use?

7. How do I get rid of the xxxxmi service past due b message? I changed my oil myself.

I know all this has probably been answered already but navigating this site from an iPhone with restricted access sucks. I love this car, but it needs a hug. Driving it off a cliff isn't an option for me.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Dallas Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 142 Likes on 121 Posts
Whats problems you been havin' We got dem answers! BTW like Justin said you have full access just limited Messages. problems lol
Old 06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Certified Gangster

I expected the jokes, bring em on. I won't be retarded forever.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:31 PM

answers in blue

Originally Posted by Jenluv186
1. Has anyone attempted to fix their headliner themselves? If so, how. Is this something that's even possible or do I just buy another one.

2. Is there a way to hook up an aux in cord to stock radio so I can listen to iPod, can I keep my steering controls. My tape player broke, which I used to do that. Is THAT fixable. Someone said something about a screwdriver, sounds sketchy.
Look into the iSimple.
3. What did you do about your cracked dashboard? I know 99% of y'all have/had one.
Some get a dash cover. it looks factory
some get acura to good will it.
some live with cracks

4. How do you replace lights in steering controls/air controls/radio that have gone out?
by removing the face of the radio/air controls/steering wheel, which will give you access to the leds/bulbs.

5. My windshield wipers stopped working, but has already had the recall done. Anyone else have this? And what did you end up having to do?

6. My car doesn't recognize my accent when programming the Bluetooth. Is this something y'all even use?
I dont even use bluetooth
7. How do I get rid of the xxxxmi service past due b message? I changed my oil myself.
hold down the reset butting for like 30 secs.
I know all this has probably been answered already but navigating this site from an iPhone with restricted access sucks. I love this car, but it needs a hug. Driving it off a cliff isn't an option for me.
The following users liked this post:
Jenluv186 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Certified Gangster

Can you be more specific about the dash cover? I haven't seen any that look stock. They're carpet or suede with flaps and stuff. I'm not into that sort of thing. Am I missing something?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:36 PM

^no, you're not missing anything.

it tries to look stock, and honestly if I wasnt familiar with this car; I wouldnt know the difference. it looks great for what it is and it does something. it covers up the ugly cracks.

your choice.
Ugly cracks!
or
Furry carpet.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Certified Gangster

Also, isimple. I looked into that last night. Idk wtf any of that means. Is it something I can do myself w/ the assistance of YouTube and instructions? Or do you have to have some kind of exp screwing with stuff like that. I don't wanna tear my car apart and then have to take it somewhere bc it's harder than expected.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 351 Posts
Thank you Jesus. Ok I just bought a TL for the low, because it has cosmetic problems. I bought a new front bumper, headlights, got wheels, and it seems like every time I fix one thing something else breaks.

1. I havent had to fix a headliner yet, but you have to remove all the covers on the pillars and remove the visors and upper controls like the garage buttons etc. I believe you can rip off the old fabric if its sagging or stained and replace with new fabric of your choice. use spray adhesive to get it to stuck again.

2. google "acura tl isimple" that will allow you to use your apple products and use the steering controls.

3. I dont have a cracked dash yet and mines an 05 (knock on wood) but they make covers that u can buy to put over the dash or u can buy a full replacement.

4. LEDs can be replace just have to order them from Acura dealer and remove the pieces that need replaced.

5. never had any wiper issues. bad motor? bad switch?

6. Doesnt recognize your accent? all you can do is say certain commands like call, dial, menu, etc. its not a siri where you can ask about the weather and shit.

7. I cant remember off the top of my head how to remove message but look it up in your car's manual and it will tell you. simple fix to that.

hope this helps you out a little.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:55 PM
Certified Gangster

Thank you. Idk how to figure out where the windshield wipers went wrong. A motor is cheap, just don't know what to do to figure out what part to get.

I'm gonna google how to take my headliner down. I guess there's no easy way.

You're lucky about your dash.

When I say "pair" the fking thing doesn't understand me. I'm going to take another crack at it now. Acura should've made this a way to stream audio.

Has anyone tried to do the iPod/tape deck mod?

I was thinking about buying a bike but with all this going on I'm gonna have to put that idea away for a while.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Drifting

Thank you. Idk how to figure out where the windshield wipers went wrong. A motor is cheap, just don't know what to do to figure out what part to get.

I'm gonna google how to take my headliner down. I guess there's no easy way.

You're lucky about your dash.

When I say "pair" the fking thing doesn't understand me. I'm going to take another crack at it now. Acura should've made this a way to stream audio.

Has anyone tried to do the iPod/tape deck mod?

I was thinking about buying a bike but with all this going on I'm gonna have to put that idea away for a while.
google and acurazine will tell you everything, just look for DIYs and im sure you can figure it out. if not, that's what the dealerships or mechanics are for. some things are best if you just let the ppl that do it for a living fix it.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM

What wiper recall was done? What year is your car? I can look up recalls on ALLDATA right now at work. There is a few different ones here.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Drifting

you got any pics of your car?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Certified Gangster

Acura said the windshield wiper and power steering recalls had been done. She couldn't tell me if they did the snorkel or full motor replacement. There should be some kind of deal that if something is recalled they have to fix it regardless wether they "fixed it before" or not. Obviously defective. I realize things on cars break but never windshield wipers. I still owe $4,000 on this car, have already put at least $3,000 into it. Its like a bottomless pit.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Certified Gangster

Sorry, it's an 04. Can I upload a pic to this thread? Bc it won't let me add to my profile
Old 06-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Drifting

Sorry, it's an 04. Can I upload a pic to this thread? Bc it won't let me add to my profile
ya download a pic to a image website like photobucket for example and copy the image URL. then paste the link in this thread by clicking the box with the mountains and moon "insert image"
justnspace (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 01:12 PM

yes, you can host it on a picture sharing site like photobucket, instagram, g+, etc.

and then copy the link and post the image here
Old 06-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Drifting

Acura said the windshield wiper and power steering recalls had been done. She couldn't tell me if they did the snorkel or full motor replacement. There should be some kind of deal that if something is recalled they have to fix it regardless wether they "fixed it before" or not. Obviously defective. I realize things on cars break but never windshield wipers. I still owe $4,000 on this car, have already put at least $3,000 into it. Its like a bottomless pit.
damn, I hope you got a good deal on it, lets hope its a MT instead of a AT so u dont have tranny issues either...
Old 06-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Certified Gangster

No I wish. It's an automatic. Are they notorious for trans problems? Fml. I paid 7 for the car due to the cosmetic bs. Working in a pic now.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Drifting

No I wish. It's an automatic. Are they notorious for trans problems? Fml. I paid 7 for the car due to the cosmetic bs. Working in a pic now.
how many miles it have on it?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Certified Gangster

Ok. This is a link to the video of my car getting plastidipped. I figured this would be easier. Be warned, it's retarded. I liked the plasti dip for about 10 minutes and then peeled it.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 705 Likes on 538 Posts
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM

I bought mine for 18k, has had 16k of work done on it since i bought it in the last 6 months... talk about a bottomless pit! lmao And im a mechanic doing it myself, most has been elsewhere though.

Here's your first recall thats for your car. Check the Part # on your motor:

MAKE/MODELS: MODEL/BUILD YEARS:
Acura/TL 2004-2005
MANUFACTURER: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
MFR'S REPORT DATE: February 26, 2008
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID NUMBER: 08V092000
NHTSA Action Number: PE07060
COMPONENT: Visibility: Windshield Wiper/Washer: Motor
POTENTIAL NUMBER OF UNITS AFFECTED: 129600
SUMMARY:
Honda is recalling 129,600 M/Y 2004-2005 Acura TL vehicles. If water enters the windshield wiper motor breather port, which is designed to allow the motor to vent warm air during normal operation, it can result in corrosion inside the motor housing. This could cause a failure of the electrical circuit breaker inside the motor housing.
CONSEQUENCE:
If the circuit breaker fails, it will cause the windshield wiper motor to become inoperative, which can increase the likelihood of a crash in certain conditions.
REMEDY:
Dealers will inspect the windshield wiper motor for signs of corrosion. If no signs of corrosion are present, a snorkel tube will be added to the wiper motor breather port to prevent water from entering the wiper motor housing and foam tape will be installed on the cowl above the wiper motor to direct water away from the wiper motor. If signs of corrosion damage are observed on the wiper motor, the motor will be replaced, and the breather tube and foam tape will also be installed to prevent water intrusion on the new wiper motor. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule for this campaign. Owners may contact Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
NOTES:
Acura recall No. Q72. Customers may also contact The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov.

Heres the second:
08-013
October 15, 2008
Applies To:
2004 TL - ALL
2005 TL - From VIN 19UUA6...5A000033 thru 19UUA6...5A058279
Safety Recall: Windshield Wiper Motor Does Not Work (Supersedes 08-013, dated April 23, 2008, to update the information marked by the black bars and asterisks)
BACKGROUND
A breather port on the windshield wiper motor vents warm air from the wiper motor during operation. If water enters the breather port, it can cause corrosion that could make the wiper motor stop working. A non- operating wiper motor increases the risk of a crash in certain conditions.
CLIENT NOTIFICATION

Owners of affected vehicles have received a notification of this campaign. An example of the client notification is at the end of this service bulletin.
Not all vehicles within the affected VIN range have a wiper motor problem. To verify vehicle eligibility, you must check at least one of these items:
^The client has a notification letter.
^The vehicle is shown as eligible on a VIN status inquiry.
In addition, check for a punch mark above the fifth character of the engine compartment VIN. A punch mark in that location means this campaign has already been completed.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your used vehicle inventory. According to federal law, these vehicles cannot be sold or leased until they are repaired. To see if a vehicle is affected by this campaign, do a VIN status inquiry before selling or leasing it.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
*Inspect the windshield wiper motor and, depending on its condition, install a wiper motor kit or a wiper motor linkage assembly. If the inspection shows that a countermeasured wiper motor has already been installed, no further action is needed.*
PARTS INFORMATION
Wiper Motor Kit: P/N 76503-SEP-305 (Includes snorkel tube and EPT seal)
Wiper Linkage Assembly: P/N 76500-SEP-A02 (Includes wiper motor and linkage):
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
Failed Part: P/N 76505-SDA-A01Defect Code: 5WMOOSymptom Code: Q7200Skill Level: Repair Technician
REPAIR PROCEDURE
1.Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and turn on the wipers:
^If the wipers work, go to step 3.
^If the wipers don't work, go to step 2.
*2.Replace the wiper linkage assembly (includes the wiper motor):*
NOTE</B> :Torque the windshield wiper arm nuts to 30 N.m (22 lb-ft).
^Refer to page 22-257 of the 04-06 TL Service Manual, or
^Online, enter keyword WIPE and select Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement from the list.
Once the assembly is replaced, go to step 26.
3.Remove the left and right rear engine compartment covers, the windshield wiper arms, the rear hood seal, and the cowl covers:
^Refer to steps 1 thru 3 on page 22-257 of the 04-06 TL Service Manual, or
^Online, enter keyword WIPE, select Windshield Wiper Motor Replacement from the list, and do only steps 1 thru 3 of that procedure.
4.Check the part number on the wiper motor:
*^If the part number ends with A020 (see below), a countermeasured wiper motor is already installed; go to step 24.

^If the part number ends with A011 (see below), go to step 5.*
^If you cannot read the part number, or if the number is not a part number (2725L, for example), go to step 5.

5.Disconnect the wiper motor 5P connector, and detach the wire harness from the wiper linkage.
6.Remove the wiper linkage assembly from the cowl (four bolts).

7.Scribe a line across the link and the wiper linkage to mark the original park position of the wipers.
8.Remove the wiper motor from the wiper linkage (one center nut and three outside bolts).
9.Look at the breather port on the wiper motor:
^If the breather port has a splash rib around it, a countermeasured wiper motor is already installed. Go to step 16.

^If there is no splash rib around the breather port, the wiper motor is a pre-countermeasured part. Go to step 10.
10.Look for rust or cobwebs in the breather port:
^If the breather port is clean, go to step 11.

^If you see any rust or cobwebs, install a new wiper linkage assembly, torque the four wiper linkage assembly bolts to 9.8 N.m (7.2 lb-ft), then go to step 21.
11.Clean the surface of the motor case and the sealing area between the motor case and gear housing with a shop towel.
12.Loosen the two wiper motor screws 3 turns.

NOTE</B> o not remove the motor case from the gear housing (the screws come out after only 5 turns). If you remove the case, you could change the position of the magnets inside, causing the motor to run backwards.
13.With the screws still loose, slightly pull the case away from the housing and look inside:
NOTE</B> :Look inside the case by slightly separating the two halves by hand. To avoid damaging the case 0-ring, do not use a screwdriver to separate the halves.
^If the inside of the case looks clean, go to step 14.

^If you see any corrosion, mineral deposits, or water, install a new wiper linkage assembly, torque the four wiper linkage assembly bolts to 9.8 N.m (7.2 lb-ft), then go to step 21.
14.Check the condition of the 0-ring installed between the case and the housing:
^If the 0-ring is smooth and flat all the way around the housing, tighten the two motor screws, and go to step 15.

^If the 0-ring is pinched and/or rolled, install a new wiper linkage assembly, torque the four wiper linkage assembly bolts to 9.8 N~m
15.Press the snorkel from the wiper motor kit over the breather port. Make sure the flat-rounded end of the snorkel goes over the breather port.
16.Place the pre-countermeasured or the countermeasured wiper motor in its park position by connecting the 5P connector to the wiper motor and cycling the wiper switch one time.
17.Install the wiper motor onto the wiper linkage using its three outside bolts. Torque the bolts to 8 N.m (6 lb-ft).

18.Move the wiper link into the park position you marked in step 7, then tighten the wiper motor center nut just enough to seat its lock washer.

19.Move the linkage until you can fit an adjustable wrench on the wiper arm link, then hold the link with the adjustable wrench while torquing the center nut to 31 N.m (23 lb-ft).
20.Move the wiper link back to the park position you marked in step 7, then reinstall the wiper linkage assembly on the cowl. Tighten the four wiper linkage assembly bolts to 9.8 N.m (7.2 lb-ft).

21.Attach the wire harness to the wiper linkage assembly, and connect the wiper motor 5P connector. Cycle the wipers one time to get the motor and the linkage into the park position.
22.Lubricate the moving parts of the wiper linkage with multi-purpose grease.
23.Only on vehicles with a pre-countermeasured wiper motor reinstalled:
Install the EPT seal from the wiper motor kit on the cowl flange:
^Clean the cowl flange area above the wiper linkage assembly.

^Press the EPT seal into position on the cowl flange, along the base of the windshield.
24.Reinstall the remaining parts in the reverse order of removal. Note these items:
^Torque the windshield wiper arm nuts to 30 N.m (22 lb-ft).
^Replace any damaged trim clips.
25.Make sure the wiper motor and the wiper arms work correctly.

26.Center-punch a completion mark above the fifth character of the engine compartment VIN.

Disclaimer
Jenluv186 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Certified Gangster

Geez. Yeah so you know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the recall info. I'm gonna try to troubleshoot this crap myself. It's got 110k mi. I figure its got at least another 100k in it if I can get it back to normal from whatever retard high school kid or drug dealer owned it before me. Whoever had it dogged the fk out of it. I haven't even really gotten into the mechanical stuff yet.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Certified Gangster

How do I know if I have an "a spec" or whatever you guys call it?

My car may need some help but I am obsessed. If my car was a person id marry it.

- See more at: http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/je....HYVBNW33.dpuf
Old 06-11-2013, 01:47 PM

Well check your motor for power and ground with the switch on using a DMM(Digital multi-meter). If you have power and ground and there is no operation your motor is shot and I would be calling ACURA and bitching until they put a new one in for FREE! Heres some wiring diagrams to help

Diagram 91-0

Diagram 91-1
Jenluv186 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Welcome!

I knew Justn would be in here the moment someone mentioned sucking D.
Jenluv186 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Certified Gangster

Lmao
Old 06-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo
Welcome!

Hey!!! I asked for the Z job.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Majofo
Welcome!

:gheylaugh:
Old 06-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Certified Gangster

I see y'all don't pull any punches in here.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by justnspace
Maybe you should have asked for some RH!
justnspace (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Do we even wanna know what a Z job is? LMAO
Old 06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
This salad aint going to toss itself.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM

If you have to ask; you cant afford it.

and I got some RH the other day.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Drifting

How do I know if I have an "a spec" or whatever you guys call it?

My car may need some help but I am obsessed. If my car was a person id marry it.

- See more at: http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/je....HYVBNW33.dpuf
Car looks good!! thank god you peeled the plasti dip off! you have an ASPEC lip kit on it which is nice, btw nice color choice! AM TL FTW
Jenluv186 (06-11-2013)

Quick Reply: Newbie needs help