3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbee Need Help with 05 TL HOMELINK!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 04:31 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Newbee Need Help with 05 TL HOMELINK!

i cant seem to get my homelink to work. i have both a gate for my house community as well as a garage door opener. When you hold down the gate opener it doesnt stay on the whole time that it takes for the Homelink to remember it. As for the garage door i have no idea why it didnt work.

any suggestions

thanks

Old 04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Received 1,015 Likes on 577 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find lots of useful information here.

Check this thread, and also the following procedures. Hope something here helps.

To program Homelink, see page 145 in the owner’s manual. Before starting, you should erase any previously learned codes by pressing the two outside buttons on the HomeLink transciever for about 20 seconds, until the red light flashes. Release the buttons and proceed to step 1.

Also remember that once programmed, you have to keep pressing the button on your homelink for 1-2 seconds for it to work. It is not just a quick push like you are used to on the original remote.

STEPS 1-6 ARE REQUIRED FOR BOTH ROLLING CODE AND NON-ROLLING CODE TRANSMITTERS.

1. Unplug the garage door opener motor from the house current.

2. Hold the end of the garage door opener remote control 2 to 5 inches from HomeLink. Make sure you are not blocking your view of the red light in HomeLink.

3. Press and hold the remote control button and one of the HomeLink buttons at the same time. (Note: Canadian owner’s, see manual for additional instruction.)

4. The red light in HomeLink should begin flashing. It will flash slowly at first, then rapidly.

5. When the red light flashes rapidly, release both buttons. HomeLink should have learned the code from the remote control.

6. Plug in the garage door opener motor, then test the HomeLink Transceiver button by pushing it. If the button does not work, repeat this procedure to train again. If it still does not work, you may have a variable or rolling code garage door opener. See if you do by pressing the HomeLink transceiver button you just trained. If the red light blinks for 2 seconds, then stays on, you have a rolling code garage door opener. Go to step 7.

For rolling codes, you have to go through the instructions from number 1-6, and then start the rolling code procedures as follows.

7. Find the Training button on the garage or gate opener. Press and hold the button until the light next to the button comes on or blinks, then release it. You then have 30 seconds to complete the next step.

8. Press the button you just tried to train two times, holding it 3 to 4 seconds each time before releasing. The training light on the opener goes off. (Some systems may require you to press and release the button up to three times.)

9. Press the HomeLink button again to operate the garage door or gate opener.

If you have a problem or for more information, call HomeLink at 1-800-355-3515 or visit their website at http://www.homelink.com/program/programming.tml
Old 04-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ofer
i cant seem to get my homelink to work. i have both a gate for my house community as well as a garage door opener. When you hold down the gate opener it doesnt stay on the whole time that it takes for the Homelink to remember it. As for the garage door i have no idea why it didnt work.

any suggestions

thanks

Follow the directions slowly and exactly. The most significant part that can be confusing is the two step process for rolling codes. Mine is that way. There's a subtle, but required, relationship between major step 1 (pairing the homelink button with your remote) and major step 2 (pairing the homelink with the receiver). Step 1 MUST take place and be 'working' before step 2. After both are completed in sequence, you're good to go.

Although I have had a problem that is not too significant. I wonder if anyone else has it. I have Homelink 1 sucessfully working with rolling code garage door 1. I have Homelink 2 sucessfully working with rolling code garage door 2. After a few days (this has happened twice now), without doing any programming/pairing (just usage), Homelink 1 operates both garage door 1 and 2 at the same time! I have to reset the entire Homelink to get it working again. For now, I have not added garage 2 so I am ok. Any ideas?