Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TL Owner--Commute too short!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TL Owner--Commute too short!!

Hi all. I've been lurking around the boards for a few months now in antipation of an eventual TL purchase. I'm happy to say that I finally took delivery of my Anthracite/Ebony/6-Speed/Navi yesterday from Acura of Santa Monica. The purchase was not without drama though. I was originally supposed to get an Anthracite/Quartz on Saturday (came off the truck Friday), but as they were doing the prep and inspection, one of the service people supposedly raised the car up too high on the hoist and damaged the roof. Why or how, I don't know, but I saw the damage with my own eyes. Good news was they were willing to do a dealer swap to get an Anthracite/Ebony and since the black interior was not my first choice, they lopped another $630 off my purchase price (truth be told, I was flip-flopping between ebony and quartz anyways! Woohoo!!). Only problem is I had to wait an additional two days to get my car. Two days for $100 shy of a free A-Spec suspension? Sure!! Well, I finally got the car and couldn't be happier with it. I'm happy too that I was able to get it before the $60 XM promotion ended. Thanks board!=)

After having the car for an evening and a morning, and now having appreciated its smoothness, power and amenities, I'm finding myself saying for the first time ever that my commute is just too short!! I live only about 5 miles from my office and the door to door commute takes only 15-20 minutes max (all surface street, lots of signals). It's over all too soon! Hardly enough time to appreciate the car. I long for the days when I used to have to fight my way across town through traffic. Even if I was stuck in traffic, at least I could entertain myself with the nice sounds the car provides. Did anyone else feel this way when you first got your car? I'm sure the feeling will wear off eventually but, for now at least, I'd much rather be cruising around in my new TL than sitting here in the office staring at a computer (even if I'm now just wasting time on the boards). I, for one, can't wait for the long weekend.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:54 PM
ImayBparanoidButNoAndroid

Welcome and Congrats.

May I suggest you take the scenic route home. Oh... AND GET BACK TO WORK!
Old 08-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

jus take the car for a nice long drive once in awhile. i have a 00 tl. and i still have that "i just want to go for a drive" feeling
Old 08-31-2004, 07:40 PM
Instructor

The same here Got my car on May 1 and still looking for excuses to drive. My commute is also too short ...

I spent a 16 day vacation in Europe and after I got back ... OMG, I was just purring behind the wheel.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:57 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acugirl
The same here Got my car on May 1 and still looking for excuses to drive. My commute is also too short ...

I spent a 16 day vacation in Europe and after I got back ... OMG, I was just purring behind the wheel.

lucky you ... going to europe.. i wish i could go..
Old 08-31-2004, 08:24 PM
Cruisin'

Congrats on the new car. I got one this week too, a White/Quartz no-NAVI AT. I have a long commute with my spouse, but so far he says we have to leave the TL in the garage and take our old Accord so the TL does not get "scratched". I can't wait to sell the Accord (hopefully very soon) so we HAVE to drive the TL.
Last night we bought the"Appearance package" from the dealer for $499 that includes interior and exterior protection treatment and five years no deductable fixes to any problems with paint of leather. (Spouse is OCD, obviously)
Old 08-31-2004, 09:19 PM
Intermediate

I have a 45 minute commute to work. In past, I used to call my friends to past the time as I drove. Now, I listen to CNN on XM or just listen to a DVD-audio CD. The ability to listen to live TV as I make my commute is so much nicer.

My employer should like it also, because now I don't go to CNN.com to find out the daily news when I get to work. :-)

Gatorfan
Old 08-31-2004, 09:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
too short commute

my drive to work is only 5 or 6 miles also

I bought mine 8-21. I know exactly what u mean about too short a drive to work

Even worse look at the trip computer and look at your avg mph

still beats the 93 civic I drove b4
Old 08-31-2004, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I too have a 15 minute commute to work. I enjoy time behind the wheel as much as the next guy but sometimes I would just rather be home.