Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Seat Covers

My 04 SSM AT TL is in the shop getting a new windsheild, rattles, brakes etc and I asked for new seat covers. They gave me some BS like the new covers weren't any better. So my question is for those of you who have gotten the new covers how long have you had them and how are they holding up?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:56 PM
321 whp SAE

the covers i've had for about 4 months.. they look a bit different then the ones that came with the car.. they don't fit as snug.. They are holding up ok so far. but the wrinkling is inevitable unless they change the upholstery company
Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Burning Brakes

So should I try 2 get new seats now or wait?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been promised '05 covers for my '04 seats, but I haven't had time to have it done yet. Also, I'm a little paranoid that it's going to end up looking worse than it does now after the mechanics who certainly are not upholsterers get done swapping it out...I'd feel a lot better if they contracted the job to an auto upholstery shop that knew what they were doing with leather work.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Well dealer is still giving me crap. I even printed off Hondaonly's recipt and took it in. THey said they shouldn't have done that. Any suggestions how to get this takin care of? I might try calling some other dealers
Old 03-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tennisjon2002 was that at Leith Acura? I love those guys
Old 03-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Racer

Tennisjon, I've had my covers for 3 months now and absolutely no problems. Not even the slightest change. I think this is because the upholstery shop my dealer sent the car to did a great job. I'm sorry to hear that your dealer is giving a hard time.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:38 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had new 04 covers on my 04 tl for 2 months. They were put on pretty well and still have no probs with them. But make sure u get 05 (with 2 seams) covers not the 04 ones.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Burning Brakes

i was out of town for a few days but am back now and no new seat covers. Dealer said they can't do it. My mom called the upolstry shop they evidently sent the ones they did it to awhile ago to do it on other cars and they said acura reversed the charges against them! This is Performance Acura of Chapel Hill, NC. I have had good experiences with them in the past, they gave me new el42's after 12,000 miles and been nice, give me loaners etc. but this last trip was not up to their standards. They also worked on the rattling of the sub, AGAIN! and made it better but said it was the seatbelt that was rattling and they couldn't fix it. ludachrisvt, I am thinking of calling other dealers to see if they will do it, I will call leith and the greensboro dealer, but my dealer supposedly talked to the district acura supervisor and my mom talked to ACS and they both said no. I will update u on how this turns out and any further input would be appriciated. Thanks
Old 03-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tennisjon2002
i was out of town for a few days but am back now and no new seat covers. Dealer said they can't do it. My mom called the upolstry shop they evidently sent the ones they did it to awhile ago to do it on other cars and they said acura reversed the charges against them! This is Performance Acura of Chapel Hill, NC. I have had good experiences with them in the past, they gave me new el42's after 12,000 miles and been nice, give me loaners etc. but this last trip was not up to their standards. They also worked on the rattling of the sub, AGAIN! and made it better but said it was the seatbelt that was rattling and they couldn't fix it. ludachrisvt, I am thinking of calling other dealers to see if they will do it, I will call leith and the greensboro dealer, but my dealer supposedly talked to the district acura supervisor and my mom talked to ACS and they both said no. I will update u on how this turns out and any further input would be appriciated. Thanks
Small correction and update, it was the dealer in kansas my mom talked to who Hondaonly got his seats replaced from that ended up having to pay the upolstry shops for the repair, acura refused to pay and it was $700 per car!!!!! So has the seat replacement stopped?? Acura seems to be telling me so! And now after I got my car back, the memory seat unit is completly not working, i can't get anylights or anything to come on when I push the buttons etc. Damn not happy with this last shop visit.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Racer

Small correction and update, it was the dealer in kansas my mom talked to who Hondaonly got his seats replaced from that ended up having to pay the upolstry shops for the repair, acura refused to pay and it was $700 per car!!!!! So has the seat replacement stopped?? Acura seems to be telling me so!
Wow. That's disappointing. The service rep who sent my TL to that upholstery shop made it sound like they've been doing this sort of thing for a lot of people and that Acura was covering the costs. I guess Acura decided to discontinue it once word got out and everyone asked their dealer to do it too. Luckily, my dealer has not billed me for the replacement but I wonder how accomodating they'll be next time I need something fixed. This is really bad news. I was feeling good about Acura service, but it looks like they're going back to their old ways.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HondaOnly
Wow. That's disappointing. The service rep who sent my TL to that upholstery shop made it sound like they've been doing this sort of thing for a lot of people and that Acura was covering the costs. I guess Acura decided to discontinue it once word got out and everyone asked their dealer to do it too. Luckily, my dealer has not billed me for the replacement but I wonder how accomodating they'll be next time I need something fixed. This is really bad news. I was feeling good about Acura service, but it looks like they're going back to their old ways.
yea I think that is really poor that they did that. I am going to call other dealers tommarow and see what they say
Old 03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Can anyone tell me how to get the new covers on? I have called leith Acura and they tell me they haven't heard of replacing the 04's with the 05's but they are saying that in order to do anything I really just need to take the car their for their service manager to look at. But it is like an hour away and I really don't want to drive their for nothing. My mom talked to ACS and they said they can't put 05 covers on 04's cause that isn't what they came with and that is therefore aftermarket and they can't deal wiht aftermarket stuff. I really want to get this taken care of. Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Here are pics of my seats, still had no sucess. Thanks and everyone please post or PM me your recipts from getting the 05 swap.

Thanks a bunch!!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Banned

Here are pics of my seats, still had no sucess. Thanks and everyone please post or PM me your recipts from getting the 05 swap.

Thanks a bunch!!
I would return that car for a G35 !! Nothing like that in my G35.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CoxSacki_2
I would return that car for a G35 !! Nothing like that in my G35.
I looked at the sedan but just not feelin it. The coupe on the otherhand WOW!!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
are you guys not conditioning your leather? My butt prints arent even close to that! I barely have any.. I've had my car for over a year.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Asian07RL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picture of my replaced 04 seat covers

I had my front seat covers replaced in Dec. 04. They look better than before.
Just wait and see how long the seat covers will hold up w/ out butts print.

http://img245.exs.cx/img245/1103/dsc001742br.jpg
Old 04-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cTLgo
are you guys not conditioning your leather? My butt prints arent even close to that! I barely have any.. I've had my car for over a year.
I do condition my leather and I do not believe the butprints have anything to do with conditioning. And I have had my car since Dec. 03 so I ahve had it a while.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Oh, my eyes. Im glad they fixed it for the 05.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25 AM
Instructor

I have called leith Acura and they tell me they haven't heard of replacing the 04's with the 05's but they are saying that in order to do anything I really just need to take the car their for their service manager to look at. But it is like an hour away and I really don't want to drive their for nothing.
Leith Acura isn't an hour away from Performance Acura. It's 30 minutes tops. I'm much closer to Leith, but drove to Performance to buy my TL since I don't care for the games the Leith sales staff pulls. But as far as service goes, thankfully I couldn't tell you yet. However, if the butt marks bother you that much, IMO it's worth the effort and drive.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 AM
6th Gear

I do condition my leather and I do not believe the butprints have anything to do with conditioning. And I have had my car since Dec. 03 so I ahve had it a while.
How soon after your TL purchase did you get your leather conditioned? Do you do it yourslef, bring to dealer, or other location?
Old 04-27-2005, 09:36 AM

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/acura_seats_

Here are my before and after...the dealer said he had to change to 04 seats first and then if they dont hold up he will change them to the 05'

i have had them for like three days now and all i have is a little stretching but thats normal. Still loving them alot better then the other ones.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EpiK
Leith Acura isn't an hour away from Performance Acura. It's 30 minutes tops. I'm much closer to Leith, but drove to Performance to buy my TL since I don't care for the games the Leith sales staff pulls. But as far as service goes, thankfully I couldn't tell you yet. However, if the butt marks bother you that much, IMO it's worth the effort and drive.
yea I looked at the TL at performance then shopped around at alot of dealers, lieth wouldn't budge off msrp, performance was willing to take some off and the greensboro dealer was able to go down the most. Then I had performance match the price b/c my salesman was nice and had good experiences there. And a mapquest from my house to leith is about 50 min but I think i could do it alittle faster. I think I am going to drop by leith sometime and see if they can fix some of the rattles that performance hasn't been able to fix. I still need confirmation that leith will fix the seats?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TL2NPI
How soon after your TL purchase did you get your leather conditioned? Do you do it yourslef, bring to dealer, or other location?
I do it myself, lexol and meguires stuff usually. I only do it a few times a year and should probably do it more but conditioning really doesn't have anything to do with the buttprints. Does the dealer condition the seats when you take the car in for service? If so my seats have been conditioned plenty
Old 04-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Definitely bring the pictures of Ania's (sp?) receipts showing that she had her seats fixed under warranty. That would allow you to argue that you know for a fact that Acura has done this before.

Here are the links:

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/image/42608982

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/image/42608983
Old 04-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EpiK
Definitely bring the pictures of Ania's (sp?) receipts showing that she had her seats fixed under warranty. That would allow you to argue that you know for a fact that Acura has done this before.

Here are the links:

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/image/42608982

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/image/42608983
Yea I took HondaOnly's recipt when I went to Performance and they still wouldn't do it. I am gonna try this with Ania's though when I go to Lieth. Ania Can I have a Full Page Scan of your recipt? Feel Free to Mark over any information you don't want others to see but I think it would be more effective to bring the whole sheet with the dealer info on it etc. then bringing in a small part of your recipt. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2005, 04:54 PM

Ya i can do the whole reciept but it will just have to wait till i get home... around 9 pm EST
Old 04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ania
Ya i can do the whole reciept but it will just have to wait till i get home... around 9 pm EST
Thanks that would be great, no rush just whenever you can do it. Thanks Jon
Old 04-28-2005, 02:57 PM

Here is the link for the reciept

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/image/42693093/large

Hope it helps
Old 04-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ania
Here is the link for the reciept

http://www.pbase.com/t4trbo/image/42693093/large

Hope it helps
Thanks, I'll let everyone know how it goes
Old 04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Racer

just had my 2004 charcoal buttprints and scuffed bolsters replaced today as a "one-time only goodwill gesture"(at 15k mi.s).
unfortunately the dealer service mngr + acura rep missed or ignored my comment that the 2005 seats are re-designed and seem more resistant to this, and i got the 2004 top/bottom driver's side. seems like good money poorly spent, as i think it will happen again in the next 5k miles...at least they're trying!

now waiting for new tires and rims to arrive. these will be Bridgestones. i suggested my issues might be more easily and cheaply resolved w/ a set of 2005 Michelin take-offs, but the rep had already made his decision (sigh).

again, i'll take what i can get, and work it out (at my own expense) in september when cold weather arrives...

-miike
Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mbwmn
just had my 2004 charcoal buttprints and scuffed bolsters replaced today as a "one-time only goodwill gesture"(at 15k mi.s).
unfortunately the dealer service mngr + acura rep missed or ignored my comment that the 2005 seats are re-designed and seem more resistant to this, and i got the 2004 top/bottom driver's side. seems like good money poorly spent, as i think it will happen again in the next 5k miles...at least they're trying!

now waiting for new tires and rims to arrive. these will be Bridgestones. i suggested my issues might be more easily and cheaply resolved w/ a set of 2005 Michelin take-offs, but the rep had already made his decision (sigh).

again, i'll take what i can get, and work it out (at my own expense) in september when cold weather arrives...

-miike
Good luck and I agree, it is probably gonna happen again. Good luck with the new covers though . Anyone else have an 04 to 05 seat cover recipt scan for me? I have Ania's and HondaOnly's. Thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 06:48 PM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Thanks a bunch!!
Those were waaaaaaaay worse than mine and my dealer replaced them with '05 covers.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Instructor

They replaced my drivers-side seat only since I'm single that was the only one that looked bad. The replacement is an '04 seat, but it feels softer - not sure if it's softer leather, more padding or a combination. I immediately used Lexol conditioner on it & sat on a folded bath towel for a couple of months, but gave that up... After five months, a couple of stretch marks have appeared, but it doesn't seem as bad as it previously was.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Any more reciepts? I have 2 that were done in the last week!!! I love this website I think this is really gonna make an impression on my dealer and their service. Any more recipts would still be appriciated!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:59 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Ania,
Thanks for posting the receipt. I think that might help lots of people.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:30 AM
2004 TL w/ 6MT & Navi

Any more reciepts? I have 2 that were done in the last week!!! I love this website I think this is really gonna make an impression on my dealer and their service. Any more recipts would still be appriciated!!!
Just be aware of this though, my dealer HAD to get approval first from the Acura rep.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jmn4667
Just be aware of this though, my dealer HAD to get approval first from the Acura rep.
u got approval from an acura rep? From what I heard acura was doing nothing about this problem and refusing to do anythign about it, it was all in the hands of the dealer? Do you have any confirmation at all of an acura rep approval?? Thanks
Old 04-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I would think the dealer would do something since they make money off your purchases and they would want to do some on good faith and get acura to deal with the cost.

To the person who posted ... that the tl is a great car it just has a couple of issues like any other car out there. YOU are an IDIOT. That is what acura wants you to believe. I have never seen seat problems like this in any car.. Not this severe and within a year. And BTW the 2G had issues as well I went through two seat covers. It was a good thing that it was rare to have anyone else in the car.!

Quick Reply: New Seat Covers