Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pricing on 04 TL's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 07:01 PM
Team Secretary of Housing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wood accent pieces

To order the accent pieces go to "exoticwooddash.com" and it is part number WD541 A (nav) B no nav. I have not seen a color rendition of how they will look. Thus I am waiting to pick up my car tonight and walk the schematic I downloaded to reflect where each piece will be going. I am also going to attempt to negotiate with my Dealer to use my car as a sample car (for photos) to be able to market the option and make some additional profit. Doesn't hurt to try. The main wood inserts were ordered for me by the dealer direct through Acura.
Good luck. Feel free to e-mail if you have any additional thoughts.
Bruce
Old 12-10-2003, 03:54 PM
Racer

Is this the 'stock' wood accents or another color. I don't like the light wood color that Acura uses. I'd prefer something a few shades darker, such as in the new 5 series.

I also don't really like the aluminum that remains when the wood is applied. The silver color of the aluminum doesn't fit with the parchment or camel interior and the wood.

Can you post pics when its done?
Old 12-10-2003, 07:52 PM

pics of wood inserts

Hi everyone,
I found the time to take the pics (Please remember I am a Realtor not a photographer when viewing though). To first answer some of the questions. The wood inserts are the exact ones found on the Parchment and Camel interiors. I ordered the pieces through parts dept. and had the service dept. install them. You will need to negotiate price for parts and install with your dealer. I have ordered the additional accent pieces for a Nav model TL. WD541A is the part number on the websites that offer it. I mentioned one in an earlier post. The color and look is identical to the inserts that come on these cars original. It can not be ordered in a different shade to my knowledge. You will see in the pics though that with the Quartz interior the wood inserts look great. I am very pleased with how it came out. When I was at the Dealer today meeting with Brian A. and Joey to inform them that they will be receiving calls from this forum I showed them the result as they had been off when it was completed. At the same time another sales person was showing my car to a prospective Buyer (no other Anthrocite/Quartz to show and exterior only) I showed that sales person the wood inserts and the Buyer was blown away. So much so that he asked if it was optional and how much $ to do it on his car. May not be for everyone, but I for one am enjoying my car 1000%! I will post the pics one after the other due to size.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:53 PM

pic 2

pic 2
Old 12-10-2003, 07:56 PM

pic 3

pic 3
Old 12-10-2003, 07:57 PM

pic 4

pic 4
Old 12-10-2003, 07:58 PM

pic 5

pic 5
Old 12-10-2003, 08:01 PM

Talking Last one pic 6

I feel like I did when my son was born and the proud papa displaying pics of him. Thanks for letting me indulge you with my "newborn"!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Instructor

Bruce--goes without saying, but that's a really unique look!
Old 12-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: pics of wood inserts

Originally posted by brucedeb1
Hi everyone,
I found the time to take the pics (Please remember I am a Realtor not a photographer when viewing though). To first answer some of the questions. The wood inserts are the exact ones found on the Parchment and Camel interiors. I ordered the pieces through parts dept. and had the service dept. install them.
You're the man. I pre-ordered my TL on Sep, and did ask my salerepresentative about this question. He told me they have no information about this, and it's impossible. I asked them how about I order extra pieces of woods to install in Quartz interior car. They said to me "No"...

I should ask again.

You do it great...
Old 12-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Pro

I guess I misused the term "out-the-door". I meant that that was the full price prior to all the usual TTL fees. I'll be paying Virginia's low 3% tax on new cars, when I register it. No New Jersey tax.

Originally posted by Lore
Wow. No taxes there?
Old 12-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Racer

BTW, you should probably save all the CF pieces in case someone with a Parchment interior wants to dump the wood look and go with the CF - that way you can at least recoup some of your investment. I might have done that myself had I know a set of pieces were available to swap...
Old 12-10-2003, 10:14 PM
Outta my way!!

Re: Picked up aut/navi today

Originally posted by arparp
I got mine for $33,195 blc/blck
arparp

wow, great deal! What dealer did you buy from? I am in Staten Island, NY

thanks
Old 12-10-2003, 10:55 PM
Pro

From the handle - arparp - I think this is the gentleman who turned me on to Montclaire Acura near Newark, New Jersey. Following his recommendation I'm getting my car from them this Friday: Auto/NAVI for $1,700 under MSRP (if you count free accessories). It's not as good as arparp did, but his was a bit more special set of circumstances (end of month, etc.).

The sales people (Tom Curley and Tom Wang) couldn't be any nicer, if they tried. I'll let everyone know about my experience once I get the car on Friday.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:02 PM

reply to rets

I actually thought about keeping the pieces. But figured they would end up collecting dust (since I didn't like them stock, I have trouble recognizing that anyone would want them as an option) in my garage. So I offered them to the Service Mgr. is they could use them. It was the least I could do for all the work he did to make my wish come true.
Congrats on your choice of car. I wish you as good a car as I have received. 250 miles to go until I can officially drive my car the way it should be driven.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Wow, congrats...
I live like 10 miles from them....

Originally posted by dulnev
I'll be picking up my Anthracite/Ebony TL with auto and Navigation some time this week from Montclaire Acura in New Jersey. I live in Washington, D.C. and the local dealers don't offer much beyond $500-700 off MSRP.

The deal that I'm getting is $33,800 out-the-door, including the protection package. That's $1,400 off MSRP plus about $200 worth of accessories.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
How did my thread get hijack from TL prices to TL interior pieces?
Ed
Old 12-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: reply to rets

Congrats on your choice of car. I wish you as good a car as I have received. 250 miles to go until I can officially drive my car the way it should be driven.
Thanks, brucedeb1,

Hope you enjoy your car, too.
Old 12-12-2003, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

ed i am interested in purchasing a 04 tl w/o nav and am in ny as well. can you give me numbers that will at least be close to what i will get for finance so that way i know what im looking at. thank you
Old 12-12-2003, 08:17 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

You mean LEASE pricing?

It was mis-labeled in the first place. It should have been listed as TL LEASE pricing. I initially came on here looking for pricing information. Some did provide it but it turns out the core of the thread was really about leasing pricing, not car pricing. Subtle difference but relevant.

Originally posted by Shoofin'TL
How did my thread get hijack from TL prices to TL interior pieces?
Ed
Old 12-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro

LeeLee123,

Are you asking how much the price should be or what the interest rate should be???

The price for Non-NAVI should be no more than MSRP minus $2,000.

The best rate you can get from American Honda Finance, if you're not purchasing any extended warranties from them, would be 5.69%. If you do buy an Acura extended warranty or GAP insurance or total loss protection insurance, you can get the rate down to as low as 3.69%.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Cruisin'

Cool TL Deal

I Bought my Acura TL Auto/Nav Blck/Blck from Acura Montclair NJ
I am writing this in response to numerous email's I 've gotten
about my experience there, I bought my tl on the last day of
november, I asked for either dark blue/dark grey or black
they gave me black on black for $33,195 with auto and nav
and the protection pkg (whl lcks/trunk tray/mud guards).
Email me if you need more info arpanppatel@hotmail.com
Acura montclair 800 862 2872 my salesperson was tom curley
Finance America Honda 4.39% 60 months
Old 12-13-2003, 12:19 PM
Pro

Yesterday I completed my purchase of Anthracite/Ebony TL Auto with NAVI and protection package from Montclaire Acura, NJ. The price was $33,800 and the doc fee was waived. I got 3.69% 60 months financing from American Honda Finance.

I got this car thanks to recommendation from arparp and I couldn't be happier with the transaction. The salesman - Tom Curley, and the sales manager - Tommy Wang - are the nicest auto sales people I've EVER worked with. They gave me a great deal and it went without a hitch. It was well worth going the 250 miles from DC to Newark, NJ to get this deal.

I thought that I would have to register the car in Virginia myself, but the dealer is taking care of that as well!

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE THIS CAR! It is so much better in every respect than my 2003 TL-S! Also, I told them not to put the front license plate bracket on; the car looks so much better without it!
Old 12-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That sort of deal will continue to be worth the trip because navi TLs are still easily selling for MSRP in the DC metro area, and even the most determined buyer would be lucky to find more than $500-1000 off in the DC area, and that would only be on something in-stock at a dealership. Most navi TLs are still things that are incoming because they sell out of availability.

$2000 off is a ridiculous price. If I was in the market to buy one I'd consider it worth the drive to NJ too.

Btw, local dealerships do tag & title work for you too so that's nothing special.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro

Originally posted by JRock

Btw, local dealerships do tag & title work for you too so that's nothing special.
The reason I was surprised was because New Jersey is quite far from Virginia. I expect dealers in Virginia, DC and Maryland to do the DMV paperwork for Virginia, but not a dealership that's four hours away. So that was a pleasant surprise, saving me a trip to DMV.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Howdy y'all.... I just pulled the trigger on a 2004 TL Anthracite/Ebony/NAV for $1500 below MSRP. Was this a good price? I did pay the $50 doc fee and got three accessories at his price (but he was including installation). Accessories were Body Side Moulding ($175), Door Edge Guard ($75) and the Backup Sensors ($578). So, what do y'all think?
Old 12-13-2003, 07:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by gbriank
Howdy y'all.... I just pulled the trigger on a 2004 TL Anthracite/Ebony/NAV for $1500 below MSRP. Was this a good price? I did pay the $50 doc fee and got three accessories at his price (but he was including installation). Accessories were Body Side Moulding ($175), Door Edge Guard ($75) and the Backup Sensors ($578). So, what do y'all think?
Which dealer in Dallas did you deal with?? I just negotiated with
Goodson in Irving and they offered me $2500 off MSRP 6MT non-NAVI any color combo I want, they will trade for my colors too if needed!!! They are charging me 295 for protection and standard TTL fees. Includes floor mats.... The red/camel looks awesome and gold/ebony next choice. So far the best dealer experience in Dallas area. No BS or haggling!!

Is this good??? What you'll think about red/camel?
Old 12-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Cruisin'

What about same lease for 15K miles in NY?? I drive into and out of the city daily!
Old 12-14-2003, 11:46 AM
CEO of IMHO

Re: TL Deal

Amazing deal! I might drive up there for the deal... how'd you go about getting such a great deal, may I ask? I would like to try this locally before schlepping up to Monclair...

Jon

I Bought my Acura TL Auto/Nav Blck/Blck from Acura Montclair NJ
I am writing this in response to numerous email's I 've gotten
about my experience there, I bought my tl on the last day of
november, I asked for either dark blue/dark grey or black
they gave me black on black for $33,195 with auto and nav
Email me if you need more info arpanppatel@hotmail.com
Acura montclair 800 862 2872 my salesperson was tom curley
Finance America Honda 4.39% 60 months
Old 12-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Cruisin'

Cool Tl Deal 2

The Best way to get the best deal is. 1) know exactly what you want, and hopefully it's sitting on the lot. 2) go as close as possible to the last day of the month, salespeople work on commission
based on sales per month. 3) And know what the car is worth, on a hot car like the tl even color will play a role in what price it will move at. As per lease deal i was offered on a new tl auto/navi
2k down 427 month 12k/or 445 for 15k
based on 42 months.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:42 PM
CEO of IMHO

If I decide to take the plunge, I might visit the dearly on New Year's eve. Last day of the month and year. $2k off MSRP is my goal.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: TL Deal

black on black for $33,195 with auto and nav
That's the best price I ever heard. Probably $more than $2500 discount for rare Navi model now. Can you tell us if making a deal in the end of month would help get lower price? Thanks.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Tl Deal 2

The Best way to get the best deal is. 1) know exactly what you want, and hopefully it's sitting on the lot. 2) go as close as possible to the last day of the month, salespeople work on commission
based on sales per month. 3) And know what the car is worth, on a hot car like the tl even color will play a role in what price it will move at. As per lease deal i was offered on a new tl auto/navi
2k down 427 month 12k/or 445 for 15k
based on 42 months.
Got u.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:36 AM
Advanced

Re: pics of wood inserts

Hi everyone,
I found the time to take the pics (Please remember I am a Realtor not a photographer when viewing though). To first answer some of the questions. The wood inserts are the exact ones found on the Parchment and Camel interiors. I ordered the pieces through parts dept. and had the service dept. install them. You will need to negotiate price for parts and install with your dealer. I have ordered the additional accent pieces for a Nav model TL. WD541A is the part number on the websites that offer it. I mentioned one in an earlier post. The color and look is identical to the inserts that come on these cars original. It can not be ordered in a different shade to my knowledge. You will see in the pics though that with the Quartz interior the wood inserts look great. I am very pleased with how it came out. When I was at the Dealer today meeting with Brian A. and Joey to inform them that they will be receiving calls from this forum I showed them the result as they had been off when it was completed. At the same time another sales person was showing my car to a prospective Buyer (no other Anthrocite/Quartz to show and exterior only) I showed that sales person the wood inserts and the Buyer was blown away. So much so that he asked if it was optional and how much $ to do it on his car. May not be for everyone, but I for one am enjoying my car 1000%! I will post the pics one after the other due to size.

hi brucedeb1, how much did it cost you to change the carbon fibre to woodgrain finish? i want the opposite...from wood to carbon finish...is the work done ok? no scratches or chips on the nearby area? thanks in advance
Old 12-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Pro

Re: Re: pics of wood inserts

Originally posted by zeicht
hi brucedeb1, how much did it cost you to change the carbon fibre to woodgrain finish? i want the opposite...from wood to carbon finish...is the work done ok? no scratches or chips on the nearby area? thanks in advance
zeicht,

Want to trade the parts? I just got new TL with NAVI and carbon fiber, but I'd like the wood instead. We may be able to figure out a way to swap the parts and have the respective dealers install them.
Old 12-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: Re: pics of wood inserts

Originally posted by dulnev
zeicht,

Want to trade the parts? I just got new TL with NAVI and carbon fiber, but I'd like the wood instead. We may be able to figure out a way to swap the parts and have the respective dealers install them.
Sounds pretty good.... Ppl should start to do so a long time ago. Good luck...
Old 12-19-2003, 11:19 AM
7th Gear

Question

Greetings, TLers,
dulnev wrote:

<Are you asking how much the price should be or what the interest rate should be???

The price for Non-NAVI should be no more than MSRP minus $2,000.

The best rate you can get from American Honda Finance, if you're not purchasing any extended warranties from them, would be 5.69%. If you do buy an Acura extended warranty or GAP insurance or total loss protection insurance, you can get the rate down to as low as 3.69%.>

At Heart Acura in Wappinger's Falls, NY, I was told that, "Honda includes GAP insurance on all Acura financing." Truth of this claim? BTW, no mention was made of any effect on purchase interest rate.

Thanks,
Wanda's TL
Old 12-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Racer

To those that are leasing:

You should be obtaining a "no money down" lease. That doesn't mean that aren't any fees due at inception.

There's always a DMV fee no matter what state one's in.

In NJ "documentary fees" are another fee- $157. Some have said this is an unreasonable fee to pay for paperwork, computer time and clerical fees. I agree, but it's only $157. One can negotiate to waive the fee, or negotiate on getting a lower lease rate.

If you lease from Honda Financing in any state there's a $550 bank fee; this is a high price but one gets GAP insurance- important if you're in an accident, there's no desposition fee- fee for returning the car at the end of the lease and up to $1500 in damages are waived at lease end. Other leasing companies charge a smaller bank fee, but my feeling is that they may wind up costing more in the long run.

It's important to do an apples to apples comparison when checking leasing companies. GAP insurance is important and one needs to find out the fee for that. Get the desposition fee in writing. There may be some other hidden fees. "Joe's leasing company" may go out of business and then you may have some unexpected charges becasue of this. I went through Honda and was happy I did.

I see these ads in the newspapers for leasing automobiles for small fees: $399 per month for a BMW or Lexus. Then in the small print it says there's a $5000 fee up front. It makes no sense. If one can't afford the monthly leasing fee or if one can't qualify for a lease without putting money down one should lease a less expensive automobile. It's throwing money away.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by gregory28
To those that are leasing:

You should be obtaining a "no money down" lease. That doesn't mean that aren't any fees due at inception.

There's always a DMV fee no matter what state one's in.

In NJ "documentary fees" are another fee- $157. Some have said this is an unreasonable fee to pay for paperwork. computer time and clerical fees. I agree, but it's only $157!

If you lease from Honda Financing in any state there's a $550 bank feel; this is a high price but one gets GAP insurance- important if you're in an accident, there's no desposition fee- fee for returning the car at the end of the lease and up to $1500 in damages are waived at lease end. Other leasing companies charge smaller fees, but my feeling is that they may wind up costing more in the long run.

It's important to do an apples to apples comparison when checking leasing companies. GAP insurance is important and one needs to find out the fee for that. Get the desposition fee in writng. I went through Honda and was happy I did.

I see these ads in the newspapers for leasing automobiles for small fees: $399 per month for a BMW- in the small it says there's a $5000 fee up front. It makes no sense. If one can't afford the monthly leasing fee or if one can't qualify for a lease without putting money down, then I understand why people put money down on a lease. It's throwing money away and leasing a less expensive car is the way to go.
Very good point indeed. I leased mine and there was a deal in todays paper for 42 months 399.00 12000 miles. Fine print read 1999.00 +TTT. That's another 1700 + bucks. Not a good lease at all.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Pro

Originally posted by wanda's tl
Greetings, TLers,

At Heart Acura in Wappinger's Falls, NY, I was told that, "Honda includes GAP insurance on all Acura financing." Truth of this claim? BTW, no mention was made of any effect on purchase interest rate.

Thanks,
Wanda's TL
As others have mentioned, GAP is included on all Honda leases. Financing is a different beast and I don't see why Honda would automatically provide GAP protection.

You have to understand what GAP is: it's an insurance that covers the difference between the amount of money you owe on your lease (sum of all remaining payments + residual value + lease termination fee, if any) and how much your auto insurance company will pay, if your car is stolen and totaled. Since majority of leases include no or very little money down, this difference is almost always positive.

On loans, most people put some money down, often quite a bit of money. So GAP insurance is not needed on most loans. I put down $18,000 (including what I got for trade-in) on my new TL, leaving $17,000 in loan amount. This means that I will never be in a situation where my loan balance is more than my car is worth.

Now, the total loss insurance is a different beast. I've never been offered this one until this New Jersey deal. It coveres the difference between the price I PAID for my new TL ($33,800) and the amount my insurance company pays, if the car is stolen or totaled within 5 years (up to $5,000). So if my car is stolen three years from now, when it's worth roughly $22,000, my insurance company will pay $22,000 and the total loss insurance will kick in another $5,000!

Quick Reply: New pricing on 04 TL's!