Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New and need advice please !

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:40 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New and need advice please !

Hi, I have an 06 TL with the A-Spec kit along with 20 inch rims on low profile tires. It would rub quite often. The ride is kinda high so I'm thinking about dropping it. I am a nooblet to the modifying world and was wondering if you guys think I should drop it or not. I'm thinking about getting H&R springs, but sport or race? Any other brand suggestions would be appreciated too, whichever you think is best. Also, what is a decent drop to get with 20 inch rims? 1 inch all around, 1.3 F and 1.4 R, etc...? And lastly, my car is already rubbing, will lowering it make it worse? I regret getting the 20s instead of the 19s because I'm afraid I won't be able to drop it that much? Thank you in advance for your replies and sorry if I am asking too many questions in one post.

-Simon.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:55 AM
SC TL to RS4 to 911

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm running 20's with eibach pro springs (1.5" drop) with 245/35/20 tires never have I had rubbing problems even with 2 ppl in the back seat. What tires are you running??? Its just weird to hear that you haven't lowered it, so its at stock height right?? I just can't see that rubbing...and IF ITS ALREADY RUBBING lowering it would just make it worse!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
You should probably post your questions in here:

Tires, Wheels & Suspension
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/

Welcome to AZ!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CS-SuperchargedTL
I'm running 20's with eibach pro springs (1.5" drop) with 245/35/20 tires never have I had rubbing problems even with 2 ppl in the back seat. What tires are you running??? Its just weird to hear that you haven't lowered it, so its at stock height right?? I just can't see that rubbing...and IF ITS ALREADY RUBBING lowering it would just make it worse!
I have the 225/35ZR20 TOYO PROXES 4 90W and yes it is at stock height and I only rub when I go over bumps. Sorry for not making that clear. =) I guess in the beginning I was very hasty and impatience and wanted to get everything nice put on the car before it left the dealer. I wasn't very smart by getting the a-spec kit( outrageous price ) and the trunk lip ($400) from the dealer, and wanted nice BIG rims without thinking ahead into the future if it would affect performance if I decided to do suspension works. Btw, did you like the drop and was it 1.5 all around?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:01 AM
SC TL to RS4 to 911

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by simonwoo
I have the 225/35ZR20 TOYO PROXES 4 90W and yes it is at stock height and I only rub when I go over bumps. Sorry for not making that clear. =) I guess in the beginning I was very hasty and impatience and wanted to get everything nice put on the car before it left the dealer. I wasn't very smart by getting the a-spec kit( outrageous price ) and the trunk lip ($400) from the dealer, and wanted nice BIG rims without thinking ahead into the future if it would affect performance if I decided to do suspension works. Btw, did you like the drop and was it 1.5 all around?
Yea the drop was about 1.5 around, give or take... man I don't know what to say with that setup you should be fine, I just don't know why you would be rubbing when you go over bumps. I don't even rub when I go over bumps. Yea anything from the dealer is expensive, try acuratlparts.com or hondacuraworld.com