Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member! Lots of ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blue702
From my location NJ is a 300 mile and around a 5 hour trip one way. And I had two trade in's. So in gas alone to drive 2 trade in's to NJ not to mention having to mess around trying to switch everything over to PA since I purchased it in NJ. You see maybe why it was just a little better for me to do this. Yeah it makes me double guess if it was the a good deal. But I was not messing around at a dealership 300 miles away. I did ask how I would be charged more too have it delivered and their reply was you pay the sticker destination charge initially. If they have to get one in they would charge me another destination charge to have it trucked in or the other option was just pay the fuel to have it driven there, but that option would then have miles being put on the new vehicle. They said it was hard to work a good delivery deal when they want to push 09's and just sell off the 08's that were on the
lots.
My point is you could of done all the initial stuff like test drives and such at your local dealership. Make sure you liked the car. Then call a NJ shop and ask if you can come buy a car there.

1 Day trip (gas 1 way for the used and a free fill by the dealer back) you are still paying 2,800 less. Grab a hotel in Jersey take a walk on the boardwalk that you drove too in your new TL. Go home the next day

I dunno I almost bought a car in GA and would of flown down to drive it back up and thats a full 2 day trip.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Car

This all sounds like a nice idea but for me its just to much running around for the 3k. I would lose that much in taking the time to do all the running around. I'm way to busy for all that. Another factor in the price I got they are asking 29k for used TL's with 30k miles. I guess it all has to do with what market your in.

Originally Posted by Crucifer
My point is you could of done all the initial stuff like test drives and such at your local dealership. Make sure you liked the car. Then call a NJ shop and ask if you can come buy a car there.

1 Day trip (gas 1 way for the used and a free fill by the dealer back) you are still paying 2,800 less. Grab a hotel in Jersey take a walk on the boardwalk that you drove too in your new TL. Go home the next day

I dunno I almost bought a car in GA and would of flown down to drive it back up and thats a full 2 day trip.