New member '05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014 | 12:19 PM
10th Gear

New member '05 TL

So I just bought a 2005 TL and it is great, actually the day I bought it I drove it to north Carolina it was one of the best drives I have had in any car. But enough about that I bought the car with 119620 on it for 11k (before taxes, tags, etc.) I hope that was a decent price but I couldn't find a 6MT TLS so I bought this one. It has a little over 122k now and has a CAI (not sure which one since it came with the car) but everything else is stock. So far I've been thinking of mods for the car but as of right now I'm just looking to do the tints, window visors, and an exhaust (not sure which one yet) then after that maybe some wheels and possibly suspension. Well tell me what you guys think of the car and any suggestions would be much appreciated.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IM][IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-31-2014 | 12:37 PM
Slot Machine Lubricator

Welcome aboard!
The following users liked this post:
Snowlopez (05-31-2014)
Old 05-31-2014 | 03:33 PM
10th Gear

Thanks I'm happy to be here, a lot of you guys have amazing looking cars
Old 05-31-2014 | 03:47 PM

Welcome and congrats!
The following users liked this post:
Snowlopez (05-31-2014)
Old 05-31-2014 | 07:03 PM
Racer

Welcome man, car looks great!

Also doing the LED conversion makes for an easy and subtle mod
Old 05-31-2014 | 07:20 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Snowlopez
So I just bought a 2005 TL and it is great, actually the day I bought it I drove it to north Carolina it was one of the best drives I have had in any car. But enough about that I bought the car with 119620 on it for 11k (before taxes, tags, etc.) I hope that was a decent price but I couldn't find a 6MT TLS so I bought this one. It has a little over 122k now and has a CAI (not sure which one since it came with the car) but everything else is stock. So far I've been thinking of mods for the car but as of right now I'm just looking to do the tints, window visors, and an exhaust (not sure which one yet) then after that maybe some wheels and possibly suspension. Well tell me what you guys think of the car and any suggestions would be much appreciated.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IM][IMG][/IMG]

Congrats on the purchase looks awsome! At first I wanted my 05 TL in black since I do a lot of polishing and buffing at my job. But I found a silver one for the right price and mileage I just couldn't say no to it! So far I've done plasti dip on grill and trunk emblems and window visors... Pics will come up aoon
Old 05-31-2014 | 08:40 PM
10th Gear

I was thinking about the LEDs it would look nice I was thinking of doing blue as the accent color but I'm sure black with blue accents has been done a million times over lol. I'd love to see how your emblems came out just cause I was thinking about it but idk because I think it will be to much black but I was thinking of plasti dipping my rims and painting the acura symbol blue since these will be my winter rims when I eventually get new rims. Btw what do you guys think are good looking rims for our cars I just want to get some suggestions.
Old 05-31-2014 | 09:43 PM
Team Owner

Congrats on your new ride-welcome to AcuraZine.
Old 06-01-2014 | 09:13 AM
6th Gear

good looking ride... Welcome!
Old 06-01-2014 | 09:21 AM
Advanced

I was thinking about the LEDs it would look nice I was thinking of doing blue as the accent color but I'm sure black with blue accents has been done a million times over lol. I'd love to see how your emblems came out just cause I was thinking about it but idk because I think it will be to much black but I was thinking of plasti dipping my rims and painting the acura symbol blue since these will be my winter rims when I eventually get new rims. Btw what do you guys think are good looking rims for our cars I just want to get some suggestions.
yea will definitely send you some pics of the emblems of my car once i get the hang of this acurazine thing...still trying to learn how to post some pics lol. With yours , unless your trying to go with a murdered looked i think plasti dip would be to much dark on the emblems. My wife has an 08 Altima in a charcoal grey and i did her emblems as well and i didn't like how it looked. Luckily you can peel that stuff right off!
Old 06-01-2014 | 11:13 AM
10th Gear

Lol that's what I was thinking if I didn't like the way it looked, and I'm still getting the hang of it to I had to use photo bucket to then load them here buy I rather just load them directly here
Old 06-01-2014 | 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

welcome and congrat.
Old 06-01-2014 | 07:00 PM
Drifting

Car looks clean. Get a good detail done and something I'd suggest are HID fog light conversion. 4300k
Old 06-01-2014 | 07:21 PM
10th Gear

That's not a bad idea actually, I'm gonna look at some pics and see if I like the way it looks, I always just see them done with the fog lights in the bumper not the ones that are in the headlight
Old 06-01-2014 | 08:38 PM
Cruisin'

Welcome from one new member to another! My TL is black as well and I have plasti dipped the trunk emblems as well as the grill in the front in case you wanted to check out what it looks like. You can kind of see them in the pics I posted in my new member post.
Old 06-01-2014 | 09:26 PM
10th Gear

I just saw your car looks amazing, I'm still conflicted on if I should do it or not, I'm most likely gonna do it and if I don't like it I'll just rip it off
Old 06-06-2014 | 06:00 PM
Advanced

Finally got around to taking some pics but here it is
[/IMG]

Check out my new post when you get a chance