3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 2007 TL Type S

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 09:19 PM
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Put my first real drive on the car today after getting all the new stuff put on. Babied it the whole time. Never went above 3.5k-4KRpms and that was because of downshifting. After about an hour and a half of driving, I was at a red light and tried to shift into 1st. I got locked out. Tried to blip the throttle as I would’ve done when it happened before but it didn’t do anything. So I turned the car off, put it in gear, then turned it back on. Pulled away from the light and everything was working. It started to get a little tough and 1st and reverse from there. I figured out I could pump the clutch and then it’ll go in. So this is entirely different behavior then before.

The only thing I can think of is, my friend had trouble with the gears shifting after the install of everything because I had previously adjusted to clutch pedal to see if it would help anything. Once he adjusted it back, it shifted smoothly. Perhaps it needs another adjustment? Was literally shifting like butter the whole time, then all of a sudden it started acting up.

Any ideas? I’m bringing it tomorrow or Tuesday to see if he can adjust the pedal again. I’d do it myself, but I’d rather not mess things up again haha.