3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy started today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
alright. i'm gonna lay this out for you guys.

kid is a kid. check. we know that. we know we all did stupid things then, and we all know our styles and tastes have changed. dollars to donuts when the kid breaks 21 he will look back and be ashamed.

let's be honest, these cars are awesome to have on the road. why you might ask????
because they make us look better. they avert the piggies eyes towards that pile 'o crap. they are obnoxiously loud and half of them are automatic, or they shift like shit. another reason the cop'rs won't be staring you down as you pass.

kid has spent probably the majority of his teen years (not that he's far into it) looking at magazines, seeing these builds. he picked what he could afford, to "live the dream" even if it's only for a moment. he threw stickers on the front thinking thats all you need.
sorry kid, but that flashy "w/e you can look at me IDGAF" attitude is not for anything that can't outrun 90% of the cars on the road.

one last point. except for those of you on here that grew up with a dad that wrenched a lot, you didn't know what the fuck to do when it came time to mod. you want engine shit, performance mods, and want to go faster, but don't know where to start. so on a small budget which they hopefully have secured themselves through working, they only have so many options.

most importantly. Always look at every car as if it is a work in progress.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
this thread is funny
Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by veggiemonster
they avert the piggies eyes towards that pile 'o crap. they are obnoxiously loud
^ I fully agree with this, but having to look at it every day makes Aaron want to avert his eyes...LOL

Imagine that guy moved in across the street and you had to look at that shit can every day when you left the house...
Old 04-06-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
one last point. except for those of you on here that grew up with a dad that wrenched a lot, you didn't know what the fuck to do when it came time to mod. you want engine shit, performance mods, and want to go faster, but don't know where to start. so on a small budget which they hopefully have secured themselves through working, they only have so many options.
Meh. your point is moot.
My dad wasnt available to teach me, I picked up wrenching becuase I HAD to. I didnt have money to throw at a mechanic. DIY BABY!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
That's my younger brother's car, jerk!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Advanced

I'd like you to take these pictures down please.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:25 PM

^you live 4 hours away from your bro?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by justnspace
Old 04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
LOL! Oh man, I just vomited a little in my mouth. Tell him if he wants to go head-to-head with a TL that I'm available any day of the week (though there's a little bit of a distance to cross).
Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Drifting

Meh. your point is moot.
My dad wasnt available to teach me, I picked up wrenching becuase I HAD to. I didnt have money to throw at a mechanic. DIY BABY!!!!!
you're reinforcing my point.

it's a integra, more than likely not even a gsr. you'd have to abuse it like a red headed step child to be constantly repairing the car.

which is why at his age he wouldn't know the difference CSPS and a csps.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Meh. your point is moot.
Same here. My dad was available but I made $6hr when I was 17 and absolutely no one including the dealer knew how to work on my car so I had to teach myself. Even at 17 I had a goal in mind and I knew RWD and lots of torque was the way to get me there. I chose an oddball but it was so worth it because back when I was a teenager, the old guys would practically cry or want to fight when they got beat by a 6 banger. I remember the first time I went up against a slightly modded 426 Hemi which was one of my favorite cars. I had just turned 18 and was so nervous I was shaking but I spanked him pretty bad and I guess I kind of liked some of the drama the little 6 cylinder stirred up. I just don't think age is an excuse, especially with the internet you should know what works and what doesn't work. I didn't want to be fast for a FWD or fast for a 6 cylinder or fast only on the top end, I wanted to compete with the best in any category. I realize speed isn't for everyone but walking around with an attitude, acting like your car is quick when modded it runs 14s is kind of retarded.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by vr6vdub
That's my younger brother's car, jerk!!!!!
I'd like you to take these pictures down please.
Can't wait to see where this one goes lol.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:48 PM

14s is weaksauce. any current family sedan can break 14s.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
vr6, what the hell? why you gotta ruin our good time?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Same here. My dad was available but I made $6hr when I was 17 and absolutely no one including the dealer knew how to work on my car so I had to teach myself. Even at 17 I had a goal in mind and I knew RWD and lots of torque was the way to get me there. I chose an oddball but it was so worth it because back when I was a teenager, the old guys would practically cry or want to fight when they got beat by a 6 banger. I remember the first time I went up against a slightly modded 426 Hemi which was one of my favorite cars. I had just turned 18 and was so nervous I was shaking but I spanked him pretty bad and I guess I kind of liked some of the drama the little 6 cylinder stirred up. I just don't think age is an excuse, especially with the internet you should know what works and what doesn't work. I didn't want to be fast for a FWD or fast for a 6 cylinder or fast only on the top end, I wanted to compete with the best in any category. I realize speed isn't for everyone but walking around with an attitude, acting like your car is quick when modded it runs 14s is kind of retarded.
cutting 2 seconds off the "stock" time it should run is always worth mentioning.

but the kid is young and dumb. you guys all act like you never did that. which i know is a lie.

and you personally? well you were lucky enough to have one of the most badass boosted cars to ever come out. that's pretty different to compare it too.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Flipster23
wrong my dad is and was around but I didnt ask him for any help on any of these things because I knew later on I will have to learn how to do it myself or teach my kid sure I talk to him about stuff that I did but never did I go and ask what I should get/ how to do this
1st, have you heard of punctuation? use it. please.

you learned on your own, which i did as well. but it takes time, all i'm saying is that @ 16 you hadn't had the chances to learn yet unless your family influenced you in such a manner.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:54 PM

but the kid is young and dumb. you guys all act like you never did that. which i know is a lie.

Last edited by justnspace; 04-06-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Damn..... My 13 year old son has more class than some of you all in here. The kid is obviously doing something with his car that he enjoys and likes. Who the fuck are any of you to criticize that?

Appreciate the dude for doing what he can, or just shut the fuck up.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by bmeyer
LOL! Oh man, I just vomited a little in my mouth. Tell him if he wants to go head-to-head with a TL that I'm available any day of the week (though there's a little bit of a distance to cross).
I would like to take a ride in your car, please.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
vr6, what the hell? why you gotta ruin our good time?
I was just kidding mang.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Pro

I would like to take a ride in your car, please.
Maybe one of these years I'll make it to the KC meet. I'm betting I could come out pretty good charging $5/ride.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
BANNED

I was just kidding mang.
and the bashing continues!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:09 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
alright. i'm gonna lay this out for you guys.

kid is a kid. check. we know that. we know we all did stupid things then, and we all know our styles and tastes have changed. dollars to donuts when the kid breaks 21 he will look back and be ashamed.

let's be honest, these cars are awesome to have on the road. why you might ask????
because they make us look better. they avert the piggies eyes towards that pile 'o crap. they are obnoxiously loud and half of them are automatic, or they shift like shit. another reason the cop'rs won't be staring you down as you pass.

kid has spent probably the majority of his teen years (not that he's far into it) looking at magazines, seeing these builds. he picked what he could afford, to "live the dream" even if it's only for a moment. he threw stickers on the front thinking thats all you need.
sorry kid, but that flashy "w/e you can look at me IDGAF" attitude is not for anything that can't outrun 90% of the cars on the road.

most importantly. Always look at every car as if it is a work in progress.
Oh lighten up. My bet is if the kid hadn't given SB such an attitude there would be no thread about this. We all see crap cars every day; no one starts a thread about every single one.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Shalooby
Damn..... My 13 year old son has more class than some of you all in here. The kid is obviously doing something with his car that he enjoys and likes. Who the fuck are any of you to criticize that?

Your son must have more class than yourself because you just made the most classless post in this thread.

Let's see, fake tow hooks, *classless* stickers, gutted with subs, and it sounds like a bad attitude. It doesn't bother me at all but it's good entertainment.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Secret Agent

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Your son must have more class than yourself because you just made the most classless post in this thread.

Let's see, fake tow hooks, *classless* stickers, gutted with subs, and it sounds like a bad attitude. It doesn't bother me at all but it's good entertainment.
I did? How so? By pointing out the fact that you're making fun of someone for doing something they enjoy?

Add it's just pathetic that you consider that "good entertainment" (your words).
Old 04-06-2011, 02:23 PM
BANNED

shalooby, nobody is getting hurt here. lighten up.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Pro

No doubt. It's not as if we're suggesting that anyone vandalize the guy's car because of it. Like it was said, it's highly likely this thread would have never existed had the kid not spouted off to the OP. And what's more, the OP laughed it off and figured he'd share it with a group that he felt would get a kick out of it, and that's exactly what we did.

Just calm down, dude. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. I hope you don't troll the entire internet looking for posts like this to get pissed off at. You would consume your whole life with that one task. At some point you just need to learn to let it go. Just like the kid with the 'teg, we all have our own opinions and at some point we're going to voice them (whether that be posts on the internet, or by 'accessorizing' our vehicles). That's the beauty of living in a free country.

Last edited by bmeyer; 04-06-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Secret Agent

I'm fine. And I'd buy the owner of that integra a beer and talk cars with him any day.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 PM

I'm fine. And I'd buy the owner of that integra a beer and talk cars with him any day.
about stickers.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Kind of agree with Shalooby. It's the coworker's car, and he has every right to do what he wants with it. But on the other hand there's nothing wrong with sharing opinions.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
about stickers.
^ HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That made me pee a little!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Secret Agent

No doubt. It's not as if we're suggesting that anyone vandalize the guy's car because of it. Like it was said, it's highly likely this thread would have never existed had the kid not spouted off to the OP. And what's more, the OP laughed it off and figured he'd share it with a group that he felt would get a kick out of it, and that's exactly what we did.

Just calm down, dude. You're making a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. I hope you don't troll the entire internet looking for posts like this to get pissed off at. You would consume your whole life with that one task. At some point you just need to learn to let it go. Just like the kid with the 'teg, we all have our own opinions and at some point we're going to voice them (whether that be posts on the internet, or by 'accessorizing' our vehicles). That's the beauty of living in a free country.
No dude. I don't do that. As I said I'm fine, and those on here that know me personally would agree that my attitude is anything but angry.

I just dislike seeing a gang of people bashing on anyone, for anything. Go find something else to do if that's all you have to add. There's enough criticism in this world as it is.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Pro

No dude. I don't do that. As I said I'm fine, and those on here that know me personally would agree that my attitude is anything but angry.

I just dislike seeing a gang of people bashing on anyone, for anything. Go find something else to do if that's all you have to add. There's enough criticism in this world as it is.
But if all you have to add is comments like:
"Appreciate the dude for doing what he can, or just shut the fuck up."
or
"Who the fuck are any of you to criticize that?"
or
"Go find something else to do if that's all you have to add."

then who has the real problem here? Sounds to me like you're far from the level-headed person that you suggest that you are.

Seriously, we've said nothing hostile towards you. Chill out, man. You're making a scene.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sit down...Have a coffee sir and take your blood pressure medication
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
In before Mod warning!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Drifting

i wouldn't.

cus it's illegal!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
haha....nice thread aaron! I think you are helping alot of us with our thread posts numbers....
Old 04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lmao! "i want to punch him square in the throat" I have this same thought once a day
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 AM
BANNED

It's not as if we're suggesting that anyone vandalize the guy's car because of it.
exactly. plus, i don't think he would notice anyway.

about stickers.

stickers and ecstacy and myspace.com!!!

Originally Posted by Aman
Kind of agree with Shalooby. It's the coworker's car, and he has every right to do what he wants with it. But on the other hand there's nothing wrong with sharing opinions.

Originally Posted by dwb993
In before Mod warning!
no! not yet!

Originally Posted by donnieb83
haha....nice thread aaron! I think you are helping alot of us with our thread posts numbers....

Originally Posted by TrackStarr
Lmao! "i want to punch him square in the throat" I have this same thought once a day
i'm not a violent person either...just something about him. i don't like his face, he's got the kind of face you want to punch.

The following users liked this post:
RealSteiner (06-15-2011)

Quick Reply: New guy started today...