Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New fog light bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HiTEC
I'm assuming here, but I assume the fog lights are what would be used if our car had DRL's. Maybe you want to see how to enable DRL's?

Or are you just looking for the "Cool Guy IROC/Z" mod (driving with parking lights and fogs on).
Sure am buddy! I love that IROC/Z look lOlzzzz... It makes the girls wet if you didn't know. Jk
Old 12-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn! Is that why all the guys with Grand Ams, Grand Prix, Camaros, & IROC's always get all the girls?

I guess when I was in my teens I thought that was cool, but now I shake my head when I see people with the parking light only fog light deal. Since I once too thought it was cool, I should probably keep my trap shut.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Racer

Well No one got back to me about where I could get the bulbs then i found out midnightmoose is a website and people were paying $15-$20 for these bulbs.

Their eBay auction had them at .99 plus $5 shipping for what seem like the same bulb: 9006 MAx Gold Xenon 65 W/45 ....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8018172974

Maybe I got a really good price or I just bought the wrong bulbs....which would suck
Old 12-01-2005, 08:49 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverStoneTTL
Well No one got back to me about where I could get the bulbs then i found out midnightmoose is a website and people were paying $15-$20 for these bulbs.

Their eBay auction had them at .99 plus $5 shipping for what seem like the same bulb: 9006 MAx Gold Xenon 65 W/45 ....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8018172974

Maybe I got a really good price or I just bought the wrong bulbs....which would suck
What are you talking about! i told you where i got the bulbs from hahahahah

wholly cow batman!
i cant believe this thread was revived.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by HiTEC
Damn! Is that why all the guys with Grand Ams, Grand Prix, Camaros, & IROC's always get all the girls?

I guess when I was in my teens I thought that was cool, but now I shake my head when I see people with the parking light only fog light deal. Since I once too thought it was cool, I should probably keep my trap shut.
Just messing with you HiTEC. I kind of want that extra feature where I have the option of turning on the foglight when it's not really too dark but still need some kind of light and won't have to turn on my headlights. But, hey if I start to notice that I'm picking up more chicks with the foglights on without the headlights on I'll be sure to let you know and you can thank me later lOlzzz...
Old 12-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Usalinh
Just messing with you HiTEC. I kind of want that extra feature where I have the option of turning on the foglight when it's not really too dark but still need some kind of light and won't have to turn on my headlights. But, hey if I start to notice that I'm picking up more chicks with the foglights on without the headlights on I'll be sure to let you know and you can thank me later lOlzzz...
LMAO! Yea, let me know how that goes.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Intermediate

LOOKS NICE, I''VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHO MIGHT CARRY THEM BUT HAD NO LUCK, MIDNIGHT MOOSE YOU SAY? WHAT ODD SOMETHING WERE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I DIDN'T NOTICE OR MAYBE DIDN;T CATCH ON.

edit by MOD: cTLgo: no need to quote the entire original post
Old 01-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
The site he was talking about is: http://www.midnightmoose.com/
Old 01-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Intermediate

sorry, new to this.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cliff
i bought the PIAA fog lights for like 60 dollars and there is no comparison. hands down to piaa for making such an awsome set of fogs. it makes a HUGE difference on the road at night. especially if you want to see more towards the left and right on dark roads to see deers or something.
http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-14383.cfm
I searched for some fog light options and found Luminics ultra golden 55w that 9006 w/ 3750k temp/color ($18.95 + shipping) and the Piaas w/ 55w 9005/9006 with 2500k temp/color bulbs($70-100 + ship) both will fit the OEM fogs, I believe they are 9006. Not sure which ones to go for, they both claim to have great visibility but I heard the higher colors are more blue-ish but both are yellow. Any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
those are the right bulbs, and no, they are not hard to put in. takes a bit getting use to. awkward positions to take out the bulb but its not complicated. i did it at night with a flashlight. i beleive there was a thread about installing it not too long ago. he had pictures that were very informative.

yup, i got em during the halloween sale and you can find codes for like 10 percent off. not much, but hey.... its even cheaper.
I just ordred the Luminics Golden Yellow 55w 3750k bulbs, most are 2500k so i hope I made the right decision, i hope it doesn't fry anything out, not used to this brand, any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:12 PM
7th Gear

Piaa Plasma Ion Crystal

I dont think the pictures you have to it justice . . . I did the same thing on my car like 5 months ago. I used PIAA PLASMA ION CRYSTAL bulbs I had to import them from HongKong I think they were like $75 on Ebay. They dont look as yellow as yours do only from certain angles. I really think the way to go is HID conversion which i will prob end up doing when I have some extra money to blow. But deff like the look.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:53 PM
6speed NBP

ummm i dont see the 9006 on the midnight mosse site...... help anyone?
http://www.midnightmoose.com/colored.htm
Old 02-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Intermediate

Thumbs down

try going to http://www.eautoworks.com/ they might have what you're looking for, when I went to moose they didn't show 9006 as well, I got the luminics JDM Golden yellowa 3750k, I'm not real happy, I wanted more of the greenish yellow you see on most low mounted fogs or like the old lex es300 or old GS300 use to have, oh well I think the higher the Kelvin # example 3750k means it might be whiter in this case lighter yellow rather than the deeper yellow you see some guys running around w/ as headlights, looks nice but bot happy w/ mine, but only $18 so whatever,
Old 02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
7th Gear

9006 i believe is also know has HB4 so trying searching for that . . . yea deff would do less the 3000K anything more will just look cheap.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Intermediate

Talking Fog light bulbs

Thanks for the info, where were you 2 weeks ago when I ordered my sorry bulbs? LOL!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:07 PM
G35Killerrr

hopefully i can now drive around with the fogs without people thinking i have the high beams on

here is a pic of the old

thats the most yellow i can get it without spending an arm and a leg on yellow HIDs.

btw, those bulbs are from midnight moose. took awhile to get, but its a lot cheaper then anywhere else

tell me what ya think of em

o ya, does anyone notice anything odd about the lights? hehehe
only work for 4-5months i had it b4 is look so nice now i have my stock back saving $$ for the Yellow HID WDP and Yellow Fog light = did u change carbon hood?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KenUA6
only work for 4-5months i had it b4 is look so nice now i have my stock back saving $$ for the Yellow HID WDP and Yellow Fog light = did u change carbon hood?
so you are gonna have yellow Headlights and fog lights?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:33 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the same yellow bulbs from LUMINICS and the owner is on AOL which made it easy to chat with him during the delivery tracking.....note that the stock FOGs are hard to twist off and for leverage you may have to remove the battery , like I did...
Old 02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HEK
I bought the same yellow bulbs from LUMINICS and the owner is on AOL which made it easy to chat with him during the delivery tracking.....note that the stock FOGs are hard to twist off and for leverage you may have to remove the battery , like I did...

One thing I noticed was that you have to unplug the harness first before twisting off the bulb. Passenger side wasn't that bad, but the driver's side, you have to take the intake tube. I bought a pair of Polarg yellow HB4 (9006) while I was in HK and they look pretty nice. I will post pics as soon as I have time to wash the car.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HEK
so you bought the 2500k ones? if so how is the color? If you can post some pics that would be great.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM
HEK

Well kids I revived this thread to see if anyone else had mabe any more comments, but today after almost one year (bought them Dec '05) one bulb is out. I will order me another set becuase I'm happy with the length of time it took them to burn, I have had the fogs on 100% of the time when driving during the day and night so IMHO if you use them "less" than I, these will last you a hell of a lot more time than me, but now I'll replace them and use them only at night ....
Old 10-17-2006, 07:10 PM
4th Gear

I also bought a set of Luminics to change out my factory fogs on my current car (not a TL). I went the other route though, wanted to get an intense white to match my HID's. Interesting to hear they burned out that quickly, even though I only use mine at night (all the time at night, mind you, fog or not) that still means I may only get less than two years out of them. Seem like very nice, high quality bulbs though.

On an only somewhat related note, the new fog lights on the '07 TL is one of the design changes that literally brought me back to the forum and planning to get a TL. I'm a bit picky with my cars, and the quad lighting is something I look for. If I had bought a previous year model, I would've had to cut into the air dams to install separate fogs. I remember someone on the forum undertook the project a couple of years ago but I never stuck around to see how it played out.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If midnightmoose is still around, they always have a halloween sale, but I think they closed this past year. correct me if I'm wrong. Thats where I got my bulbs from the start. They still work but I don't use them that much.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Race Director

Alright helpt me understand something. I am the owner of an 00 TL and I really think the new TLs are Badass but I have always wanted to know where the bulb is for the high beams? I can clearly see where the low beam and the foglight is but where is the high beam? Is it just the low beam reflects up into the high beam or what?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
6speed NBP

Originally Posted by Trackruner228
Alright helpt me understand something. I am the owner of an 00 TL and I really think the new TLs are Badass but I have always wanted to know where the bulb is for the high beams? I can clearly see where the low beam and the foglight is but where is the high beam? Is it just the low beam reflects up into the high beam or what?
3rd Gen TLs have Bi-Xenon HID headlights. The high beams uses the same bulb from the low beam but there is just shield that covers part of the light when using low beam.. in high the shield moves out of the way.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:35 PM
HEK

If midnightmoose is still around, they always have a halloween sale, but I think they closed this past year. correct me if I'm wrong. Thats where I got my bulbs from the start. They still work but I don't use them that much.
I hope so, I just e.mailed Luminics direct and also tried calling but didn't get a response, hopefully if I can't get them from him, I may get them from someone else...
Old 10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Usalinh
Quick question for anyone out there that knows something about how the foglights and the headlight is setup on the TL. I notice the only time you can turn on the foglight is when the headlight is on. Has anyone out there figured out how to by-pass that and wire it up to where you can just have the foglight on by itself without the headlight being on also? I guess I'll do alittle more searching on my own but, if anyone out there knows how would you please clue me in on how to make it work without the headlight on also. Thanks a bunch guys...
If the fog light circuit is like the 04-06 tsx, then it is very easy to do. I have done it on my 06 tsx. It can be done with factory swith or seperate, in dash. I used the 04 honda accord switch as it fits our dash perfect and look factory. If someone can find the foglight relay and measure the voltage of the 4 connections, with the relay out, I can then tell if it is like the tsx. With the engine off, and you measure 12 volts on two of the connections, then it is like the tsx.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:09 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Those crappy Luminics bulbs are so poorly made that the seal failed and the inside of my headlight fogged over. It took weeks to get it dried out.

One of the best mods I have done was to replace those Luminics bulbs with a 3000K HID retrofit.

6000K hi/lo and 3000K fogs is awesome looking, and as bright as the sun.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:38 AM
B A N N E D

People i also have a WDP and i swapped out the fog lights for yellow bulbs as well. I have had 3 different bulb types and finally happy with my final choice. Go to Eurodezigns.com 6000k yellow bulbs life time warrenty. I guarentee it.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:18 PM
HEK

Today in searching the local auto parts store I was only able to locate "BLUE" lights which is not what I wanted but I managed to call Manchester Honda and they carry the Japanese brand LUX which I bought and already installed...since is day light I can not comapre to the Luminics but for $23 if these last me another year I can live with that....
Old 11-05-2006, 01:31 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

any detailed instructions for replacing driver side fog light other than "removing the tube"?

never mind. found DIY's

G-022: DIY: Replacement Fog Bulbs
Old 11-05-2006, 04:00 AM
Advanced

i bought a pair of luminics yellow fog lights (2500k) off ebay and didn't like them at all. i put them in and they are only slightly more yellow than the stock fog lights. totally not the yellow that the original poster has. his looks nice. what a waste of my 20 bucks. so instead i shopped for some white bulbs instead. got a pair of nokya arctic white 7000k bulbs with standard 55w and so far i'm satisfied with them. at 7000k you're "supposed" to start seeing some purple tint but these lights are a close match to our HIDS after they're warmed up, which i believe is 4300k? i'll take pictures if anyone wants to see it. now i just gotta figure out how to get my fogs to turn on independent from my headlights.

on a related note:
has anyone tried putting in the higher wattage bulbs rated at 80-100w? i saw some sellers on ebay selling those heavy duty plug and play wire harnesses and am wondering if they're for real. i've melted a few 9006 sockets in my old car with just regular 55w xenons. none of the sellers on ebay responsed to my multiple questions asking what wattage rating the heavy duty wiring will handle. anyone know about those?
Old 11-05-2006, 04:03 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slammed_JDM
People i also have a WDP and i swapped out the fog lights for yellow bulbs as well. I have had 3 different bulb types and finally happy with my final choice. Go to Eurodezigns.com 6000k yellow bulbs life time warrenty. I guarentee it.

Are you sure those 6000k bulbs are yellow from eurodezigns.com?

oh yea i forgot to mention that the luminics bulbs had terrible fit. they still wiggle after they're tightened. i would not recommend them.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by count by 5s
i bought a pair of luminics yellow fog lights (2500k) off ebay and didn't like them at all. i put them in and they are only slightly more yellow than the stock fog lights. totally not the yellow that the original poster has. his looks nice. what a waste of my 20 bucks. so instead i shopped for some white bulbs instead. got a pair of nokya arctic white 7000k bulbs with standard 55w and so far i'm satisfied with them. at 7000k you're "supposed" to start seeing some purple tint but these lights are a close match to our HIDS after they're warmed up, which i believe is 4300k? i'll take pictures if anyone wants to see it. now i just gotta figure out how to get my fogs to turn on independent from my headlights.
I bought Nokya Hyper Yellows bulbs for out TL. I got it from a local speed shop for $20. They are awesome. Just as yellow as the original poster, and pretty bright too. No problems with seals or anythign, as my headlights are still bone-dry, despite some recent monsoon like rains...
Old 11-06-2006, 02:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by avs007
I bought Nokya Hyper Yellows bulbs for out TL. I got it from a local speed shop for $20. They are awesome. Just as yellow as the original poster, and pretty bright too. No problems with seals or anythign, as my headlights are still bone-dry, despite some recent monsoon like rains...
Thanks for letting me know. Did the Nokya have a color rating on them? Like 2500k? And are they the stock 55w? I'll have to check them out.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
B A N N E D

Are you sure those 6000k bulbs are yellow from eurodezigns.com?

oh yea i forgot to mention that the luminics bulbs had terrible fit. they still wiggle after they're tightened. i would not recommend them.

yes i am sure these are the bulbs i purchased them personally at a car show booth they had.. lol

* the pik in my aviator was with another pair. These are way way brighter and nicer....
Old 11-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
are there any bulbs that color match perfectly with the light mod setup?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by HQTL6SPD
are there any bulbs that color match perfectly with the light mod setup?
unless u change all 4 blubs theres no way to have an exact match. and thats kinda of a head ache..
Old 11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. Did the Nokya have a color rating on them? Like 2500k? And are they the stock 55w? I'll have to check them out.
I still have the box at home, so I'll let you know about the color rating. The box said they were 85w, but the base of the bulb is stamped 55w. I remember someone saying that Nokya uses the same base for all the bulbs, which is why they are stamped 55w. I have these bulbs in both my TL and G35, and haven't had any problems, so eiither way, I'm happy with the output.

Quick Reply: New fog light bulbs