3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '07 TL Guy--intake, body kit, lights HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '07 TL Guy--intake, body kit, lights HELP!

Hey whats up I just picked up a 2007 Tl auto with navi with 40km, CARBON GREY. In mint condition all stock. I have been reading some of the blogs on here daily and I am getting some good feed back but Not to sure what to do with my car yet.
I was looking into doing some things I hope you guys can give me some feedback and recommendations.

1.) Looking for a full A-spec body kit, will this fit on my 07 tl? and I was wondering will i need new fog lights? does the body kit include the Spoiler kit includes front, rear and both side panels? I've looked at this site but not to sure if this is okay?
http://www.curryacuraparts.com/tl07.html

2.) Intake? Any suggestions on a good intake? A lot of people like the AEM v2 or injen? what do you guys think?

3.) I have tried to look around for some nice grills that still have the acura logo on the grill, cant find shit online..?

4.) As anyone updated there navi to the 2013 addition?

5.) The turn signal lights on the side mirrors, the lights are yellow Can i change the bulbs to white ones or whatever or do I need to get entire new aftermarket mirrors?

LAST QUESTIONS I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE PROB LIKE SHUT UP NOW...

6.) I wanted to keep my stock head lights but what do you guys think about changing my day time running lights and my fog lights? Im looking for a super white color? I want them to both my the same brightness. what do you guys recommend? I checked out these piaa light bulbs but they dont really make a huge difference. I dont know let me know what you guys think.

THANKS FOR WHO EVER REPLIES AND GIVES ME FEEDBACK I WILL POST PICKS UP I WANT TO SPEND SOME BIG MONEY ON THIS BITCH SO LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS...THANKS EVERYONE:uzi :
Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 539 Posts
Before you spend this big money, be sure to spend a bunch of time browing the forums, using google to search the topics you are looking for - they've all been covered (under google, type tl.acurazine and then youur topic), and then look thru the photograph gallery at members' cars to see what you like and don't like. Always better to start with a plan before jumping into buying mods and then re-doing them later.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
A couple notes first. FYI all Type S's come with navi. Your color is not carbon gray. It's called carbon bronze pearl (aka CBP).

There is an oem body kit for the type a called aspec as you know. Unfortunately these kits have been discontinued and are now very difficult to find complete.

Intake for the type s don't do anything but make noise IMO. The oem intake is actually well designed and made to be safe without the possibility of sucking up water unlike the aftermarket kits. I know it sounds stupid, but believe it or not people on this forum have managed to drive their cars into deep enough water to ruin their engines with cold air intakes. If you do decide you want one, the aem v2 looks to be pretty good. I don't have experience with them though.

There isn't really any aftermarket grills for the TL. Looks pretty darn good stock if you ask me. Do a search, some guys paint or plasti-dip some of the chrome for a different look.

I think you meant 2013 "edition" nav disc. Yes I have that disc. I got it new in eBay for 50 bucks shipped.

I'm not sure if anyone had changed the color of the led turn signals. If you do you will have to change each individual led and solder in new ones. Probably not too hard to do. If you do that keep in mind they will be different colors than your front amber turn signals then. IMO that would kind of look weird with amber and white turn signals flashing at the same time.

Tons of options for changing your fogs and drl's. A quick search will get you all the info you need.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:08 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
^^i dont' see anything that indcates OP has a type-s. yes carbon gray was a color option for the 2007 base model while PMM was offered as the gray derivative for 2008.

OP-
1) OEM Aspec lip kit assuming color has not been discontinued...no mods needed unless you do conversions.

2) intake...i have one, no issues, and never drive through deep puddles or flooded areas (i mean, that's just not thinking if you do that). your choice. some will say butt dyno feels alittle something, others will say it's an overpriced noise maker.

3) grills...look in garage for DIYs for shark mouth grill with a floating A

4) navi new disc will run $150 usually. sometimes Navteq/Acura will run a sale for $99. i still have the 2005 disc in my TL.

5) turn signals can't say as my TL didn't have this feature.

6) fogs/DRL a lot of guys have gone the route of LEDs for this application. plenty of threads on this one.
EvilVirus (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 08:25 AM
Safety Car

^^^ oops your right. I read that thread while still in bed on my iphone and apparently misread it.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:27 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

^^you sleep with your phone?
EvilVirus (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 08:38 AM
The Boss

Received 321 Likes on 227 Posts
Well, if Op has CBP Base he out of luck with the apsec kits.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
No, my phone sits on my night stand on my clock radio dock. Then when I wake up sometime I mess around on my phone for a little. So I was half asleep I guess when I read this thread and thought I saw an S somewhere which I obviously didn't.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
^I do the same thing lol.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can still get the aspec kit in a different color and have it painted to match. So you're not completely out of luck.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Banned

thanks everyone for you're information. Yeah that's my main thing right now looking for a aspec body kit but its to hard to find one i've been looking everyday..is there a certain seller on this site that sells them and will get them shipped to Canada? painted? These kits are running about 2000+ here, like are you joking me? i think it will look nice with a 18 aspec rims i just got.

KJ TL-S - Yeah i think i am getting to excited and need to relax and take my time looking into things lol thanks

TLtrigirl- Okay thanks for the info, Yeah i do live in Vancouver Bc and it fucking rains like crazy here so that's a tough one lol

JTS97Z28- thank you for you're info has helped me a lot and made think about certain things. I think i may just stick with the stock intake, I don't want any problems happening. For the 2013 navi disc does it matter if I'm in Canada I guess it will work where ever right?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:58 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

look for the aspec lip kit group buy that acktl05 does...i think to ship to canada it's an extra $50 on top of the group buy price ($715). however...parts of the kit have been discontinued in your color. you will need to get a different color and have a shop paint match it.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:05 PM
KCCO

Received 192 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by rsdtl
Hey whats up I just picked up a 2007 Tl auto with navi with 40km, CARBON GREY. In mint condition all stock. I have been reading some of the blogs on here daily and I am getting some good feed back but Not to sure what to do with my car yet.
I was looking into doing some things I hope you guys can give me some feedback and recommendations.

1.) Looking for a full A-spec body kit, will this fit on my 07 tl? and I was wondering will i need new fog lights? does the body kit include the Spoiler kit includes front, rear and both side panels? I've looked at this site but not to sure if this is okay?
http://www.curryacuraparts.com/tl07.html

2.) Intake? Any suggestions on a good intake? A lot of people like the AEM v2 or injen? what do you guys think?

3.) I have tried to look around for some nice grills that still have the acura logo on the grill, cant find shit online..?

4.) As anyone updated there navi to the 2013 addition?

5.) The turn signal lights on the side mirrors, the lights are yellow Can i change the bulbs to white ones or whatever or do I need to get entire new aftermarket mirrors?

LAST QUESTIONS I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE PROB LIKE SHUT UP NOW...

6.) I wanted to keep my stock head lights but what do you guys think about changing my day time running lights and my fog lights? Im looking for a super white color? I want them to both my the same brightness. what do you guys recommend? I checked out these piaa light bulbs but they dont really make a huge difference. I dont know let me know what you guys think.

Welcome to the forums. That's one low mileage car. I can give you some advice on some of your questions.

1. You can get the full kit, or the front, side and rear pieces separately. If you can't find them in your car's colour, you can get them painted to match.

2. An aftermarket intake for your TL will be mostly for sound. The stock intake is not bad and does allow for a lot of air to flow. If you want a better sound, by all means get a CAI, but in my opinion your money is better spent on the A-Spec kit.

3. I don't know of much for aftermarket grills for the TL. Only the homemade mods that some members have done on here.

4. My Nav edition is 2007, so I'm looking to upgrade to a new version myself. Problem is, it's a minimum of $179 CAD for a new disc. It comes with the USA White disc and the Canada grey disc and I have not been able to find anywhere that will split up those discs and only sell the grey disc.

5. It is illegal in any province or territory to have turn signals that are not amber. Facing the front of the car, all turn signals have to be amber. Facing the rear of the car turn signals have to be red or amber.

6. You can get whiter daytime running lights, I recommend the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra. They're about $60 at Canadian Tire. As for other lights, in BC if you want them to be as bright as your headlights they have to be hooked up to your high beams. Fog lights are for low beams, driving lights are for high beams. Doing it any other way is a quick way to a ticket from your local Mounties.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:26 PM
KCCO

Received 192 Likes on 173 Posts
Whoops, just looked at the BC regulations online. You can have white or amber front turn signals. Rear is still amber or red though. So in that case, you could possibly get white LEDs for the mirror signals, but you'd have to be able to do the replacement and soldering yourself, as JTS said. I do not know of an aftermarket signal like that.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned

TLtrigirl - Thanks, yes i did contact him but no response yet, do you know any where else I can try?

MarcoNorthPolo- Thanks for that info, Yeah thats my main focus right now trying to find that aspec kit for my car. Its pretty hard finding one right now but i guess it will take time. I will def be checking out those lights at CA and Yeah about the navi its pretty hard to find one that only comes with the canadian one. I might just buy it. Thanks for the good advice!

If you guys find a source who is selling a asepc kit for my car please let me know!!

thanks guys, you guys are helping me a lot
Old 11-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 539 Posts
I got my A-Spec kit from OEMAcuraPartsTim, a vendor on here. Was great to deal with, and the price at the time was only $734 shipped and no hassle of a group buy.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:01 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by rsdtl
TLtrigirl - Thanks, yes i did contact him but no response yet, do you know any where else I can try?

MarcoNorthPolo- Thanks for that info, Yeah thats my main focus right now trying to find that aspec kit for my car. Its pretty hard finding one right now but i guess it will take time. I will def be checking out those lights at CA and Yeah about the navi its pretty hard to find one that only comes with the canadian one. I might just buy it. Thanks for the good advice!

If you guys find a source who is selling a asepc kit for my car please let me know!!

thanks guys, you guys are helping me a lot
Join the local Vancouver acurazine chapter on whatsapp and we can help out on the navi update. Btw, where did you buy your car?
Old 11-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Banned

KJ TL-S- Okay thanks I will look him up

Acura604 - How do I do that? I bought it locally
Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

yes the kit includes front, side skirts and rear lips. pre painted...however you have a color that may have some discontinued parts.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Welcome to AcuraZine, RSD. Enjoy your new ride.
rsdtl (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 11:03 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
dont a lot of ppl? Its probably not a good habit but I do it all the time lol
Old 11-12-2013, 05:47 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Originally Posted by paperboy42190
dont a lot of ppl? Its probably not a good habit but I do it all the time lol
i'm sure they do b/c people's phones have become the ultimate all in one device including an alarm clock.

what would people do without cell phones and smart phones? OMG, they might actually have to talk to each other!
paperboy42190 (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
what would people do without cell phones and smart phones? OMG, they might actually have to talk to each other!
"talk"? what's that? I only know "text" and "text faster"
TLtrigirl (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 09:55 AM
The Boss

Received 321 Likes on 227 Posts
You know they have an app that turns the camera on while texting so u can see via texting and walking. Its gettin out of control.