Sponsored by:

Need some advice - Bumper cover damage

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice - Bumper cover damage

I'm pissed..

Just took the kids out for a spin, pulled into a parking spot...rolled up slowly and just tapped a piece of ice that has been plowed from a storm last week..couldn't have been more than 1 mph.

Now it looks like someone kicked the front bumper, (actually looks like a baseball size indentation) right side alll the way down by the lower corner...

I could probably pop it out but I can see 2 small stress cracks..

Ist blemish of any kind on the vehicle since I took delivery in July 04

Any ideas out there would be appreciated. -thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 12:06 PM
www.teamultraspeed.com

suggestion: a-spec front lip spoiler, if applicable...
Old 03-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Racer

Is it the bumper that's cracked or just the paint?

Last summer I ran in to a thrown tread from an 18-wheeler on the northeast extension with my '02 Civic Si. Luckily, the truck was getting it's tire replaced about a mile up the road. I stopped, looked at the football size dent in the bumper and had the truck driver call his office. I ended up talking with the company owner who passed on his insurance information. After all was said and done I received a nice check from the trucker's insurance company. Before I brought the car in to have the bumper replaced, I took a blowdryer and heated the dented area from underneath the car and behind the bumper. Working slowly I pushed the dent out. All that was left when I was done was some moderate crazing of the paint encircling where the dent had been. A few coats of Zaino Z5 and It's hard to notice. Needless to say, I returned the check to the insurance company

The first ding is always the hardest to stomach.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:04 PM
www.teamultraspeed.com

Originally Posted by ChuckDu
...Needless to say, I returned the check to the insurance company
OOOOKAY... i didn`t see that part coming!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ChuckDu
Is it the bumper that's cracked or just the paint?

Last summer I ran in to a thrown tread from an 18-wheeler on the northeast extension with my '02 Civic Si. Luckily, the truck was getting it's tire replaced about a mile up the road. I stopped, looked at the football size dent in the bumper and had the truck driver call his office. I ended up talking with the company owner who passed on his insurance information. After all was said and done I received a nice check from the trucker's insurance company. Before I brought the car in to have the bumper replaced, I took a blowdryer and heated the dented area from underneath the car and behind the bumper. Working slowly I pushed the dent out. All that was left when I was done was some moderate crazing of the paint encircling where the dent had been. A few coats of Zaino Z5 and It's hard to notice. Needless to say, I returned the check to the insurance company

The first ding is always the hardest to stomach.
Spent about an hour today and managed to press the plastic out...now it just looks like the paint has some minor cracks..

I'm still pissed.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:00 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Aging Bull
Spent about an hour today and managed to press the plastic out...now it just looks like the paint has some minor cracks..

I'm still pissed.

Thanks for the advice.

How did you pop/press it out? using the hairdryer like Chuckdu described? I've got a dent about the same size as your's in the same location I want to attempt to fix myself.