Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help - 2005 TL A-Spec Price?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help - 2005 TL A-Spec Price?

Hi All, new to the forums and don't have my TL just yet. I hope to own a 3G TL as nice as all of you on AZ. Anyways, need some inputs from all of you whether I am getting a good, decent, not so good or bad deal.

I live in Socal and found a 05 TL fully loaded (w/ Navi) w/ A-Spec package w/ 63K miles which is practically in excellent condition. The current owner has dropped all the way to 16.8K and will not budge. Is this a good deal assuming that the car is nearly excellent condition? For some reason, I'm thinking that is not a super good deal but please help. Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Cruisin'

Bump...please help thanks
Old 02-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Did you look on Craigs list to compare ? .. you keep saying "nearly/practically " excellent condition .. whats making it nearly? Is there issues?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Did you look on Craigs list to compare ? .. you keep saying "nearly/practically " excellent condition .. whats making it nearly? Is there issues?
Thanks for your reply...

I tried searching on craigslist/autotrader all over socal and I haven't seen any w/ the a-spec package to compare to. The car is in top shape so maybe I should just say it's in excellent condition. For sure nothing wrong w/ it.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Price is high. A-Spec package doesn't do anything for resale value, usually brings the price down even further since it limits the amount of people who would be interested in the car.

Average private party retail around here for that car woud be about $15k. The $16.8k they are asking would be dealer retail.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by BradE
Price is high. A-Spec package doesn't do anything for resale value, usually brings the price down even further since it limits the amount of people who would be interested in the car.

Average private party retail around here for that car woud be about $15k. The $16.8k they are asking would be dealer retail.

Just my 2 cents.
Yea I was thinking it was a little high or just right there but I just assumed that the a-spec would add to the price.

Where are you located? I wish I could get this vehicle for $15K!
Old 02-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by volcomstone
Thanks for your reply...

I tried searching on craigslist/autotrader all over socal and I haven't seen any w/ the a-spec package to compare to. The car is in top shape so maybe I should just say it's in excellent condition. For sure nothing wrong w/ it.
Use the non-Aspec prices you found. And if you haven't gone goo goo already over the aspec in front of the guy tell him its not a great selling point to you and just another thing to worry about when parking.

TL prices also vary by area
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by volcomstone
Yea I was thinking it was a little high or just right there but I just assumed that the a-spec would add to the price.

Where are you located? I wish I could get this vehicle for $15K!
Cincinnati.

Used car buyers want the car in stock form, not modified. At best the Aspec package doesn't hurt resale value, but it doesn't add to it either. It could limit the market for the car. Are a lot of buyers who are over 40 years old going to be interested in that car? Probably not. The fact the Aspec package is only a dealer added accessory, and not a factory installed option, doesn't really help it in terms of resale either.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Use the non-Aspec prices you found. And if you haven't gone goo goo already over the aspec in front of the guy tell him its not a great selling point to you and just another thing to worry about when parking.

TL prices also vary by area
Yea I've played it cool in front of him and was able to get it down to $16.8K. Now he's not budging as I guess he has multiple parties interested...could be all talk. That's the reason I just wanted inputs from the AZ community.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by BradE
Cincinnati.

Used car buyers want the car in stock form, not modified. At best the Aspec package doesn't hurt resale value, but it doesn't add to it either. It could limit the market for the car. Are a lot of buyers who are over 40 years old going to be interested in that car? Probably not. The fact the Aspec package is only a dealer added accessory, and not a factory installed option, doesn't really help it in terms of resale either.
Yea I totally get your point. It only interest buyers like me who would eventually want to take a stock TL and apply the a-spec.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Cruisin'

bump..anyone else got inputs?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
2004, SSM, 6-speed, Navi

Received 23 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say that price is at least $1500 too much, but after looking at other TLs in the San Diego area, I can't say that anymore. The TLs around there seem to be way over priced.

So if you like it, go for it, but just realize that is nearly $17000 for a 5 year old car, with 63,000 miles, and that is 1.5 generations from the newest TL style. I wouldn't do that and wouldn't suggest it, especailly if you have to make payments. Iif you are ok with it though, go for it and enjoy the ride!