Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NBP OR KBP Type S?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Former Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NBP OR KBP Type S?

hey guys, someone is buying my evo within a day or two hopefully! cant wait to get my tl already. i cant decide on which color. the blue one has the taupe interior and the black has the ebony. im leaning toward the black cuz the guy has an aspec lip kit and roof wing on there already. im goin to put a clear bra on either one when i get it. i just hope i dont see alot of swirl marks on the NBP.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:40 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I'd do KBP.

Post pics of the CT9A
Old 04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
KBPftmfw

Received 49 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, the KBP has Taupe which will show dye transfer from jeans. Also, the lighter interior will make tinted windows (if you tint) look less dark. Not sure if either matter much to you or not, but they are things to consider. KBP is a standout and rare color. PITA to keep clean, but well worth the effort.

NBP is a sweet color, but IMO most people will see it and just say it's black. It doesn't have the WOW! factor like KBP.

You can always get the lip kit and roof spoiler as accessories. I wouldn't let less than $1000 in accessories sway your purchasing decision on the car.

Either way, it's a Type-S so you can't go wrong! GL.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
I'd do KBP.

Post pics of the CT9A

then i put on this bad boy

Last edited by EvoToTL; 04-04-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
The Kinetics of Bleu

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's one bad-ass EVO!!
As for the TL, is there really any question???

KBP FTW!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dunno black cars IMO are the best...NBP FTW
Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 AM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
If the NBP comes with the A-Spec kit and the roof spoiler already then I would get that one because you are going to end up buying the kit anyway down the road. So I would go NBP
Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
nbp for sure...but dont get rid of the evo
Old 04-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Nbp ftw
Old 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Burning Brakes

you should be asking EVO or TL-S lol.

but what are the specs on the evo? i love those cars. sick.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I can tell you that most guys here will steer you towards the black TL. But the Kenetic Blue is a very unique color. If everything is apples-to-apples (as far as extras, engine, mileage, etc), go with your gut instict on color.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
'08 Type S KBP

KBP rockS!!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by paliknight
you should be asking EVO or TL-S lol.

but what are the specs on the evo? i love those cars. sick.
lol i wish i can keep the evo but i rather have a more ADULT car you know. i been lucky with racing tickets and speeding tickets so i want to keep it that way

anyways the evo has a full race gt35r with intercooler piping, intake, full turbo back exhaust, boost controller and stock cams and made 480 on pump and 530 on race. we could have went more on race gas but didnt want to push it since it was stock block. I think the evo is the most bang for the buck when it comes to a 30k car. it feels solid and nothing comes close to it for the price and the out of the hole is the most amazing feeling u can feel. Instantly 2 cars when i race someone out of the hole.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm lost..

Originally Posted by EvoToTL
lol i wish i can keep the evo but i rather have a more ADULT car you know. i been lucky with racing tickets and speeding tickets so i want to keep it that way
Where the TL is more of an 'adult car', it will not keep you from driving conservatively, and that's what makes the TL such a popular car. Add the fact that it's a Type-S and you've got all the more reason to light up the cherry's on the black and white.

As for the color, as KBP is a very unique color, the NBP is not "just another black car". Look closer people
Old 04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by ray-ban
Where the TL is more of an 'adult car', it will not keep you from driving conservatively, and that's what makes the TL such a popular car. Add the fact that it's a Type-S and you've got all the more reason to light up the cherry's on the black and white.

As for the color, as KBP is a very unique color, the NBP is not "just another black car". Look closer people
i said more adult car because of the category. the evo is more of a young crowd than a older crowd. and since im goin to work for honda or acura soon i wanted a honda again. i just dont like driving the evo as a daily and if i could get another car i would but i just dont want to be in that scene or invest any more money in that car.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Advanced

KBP all the way!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
i respect your decision evototl. All of my friends drive evo's and sti's and 350z's and i wanted to go the "grown man" route and just get a luxury car instead. Of course the evo's are fun to drive, and my passion was always with that type of car, so thats i went with the sporty lux TL over say a lexus
Old 04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
These colors don't run

KBP man, there are black cars everywhere!!! KBP is unique in it's own way and is only on Type-S

I just bought mine about a week ago. You have worry about all the scratches, and swirls on black! I just came from a NBP car and blue so far is a lot nicer. But in the end it doesn't matter what we say, you are driving it not us.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by DecaFe1
i respect your decision evototl. All of my friends drive evo's and sti's and 350z's and i wanted to go the "grown man" route and just get a luxury car instead. Of course the evo's are fun to drive, and my passion was always with that type of car, so thats i went with the sporty lux TL over say a lexus
exactly man, i was looking for a is250 also but its not really sporty compare to the tl-s. evos are fun to drive but not daily. the gearing is agressive and it barely stays out of the powerband.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by FreedomEagle50
KBP man, there are black cars everywhere!!! KBP is unique in it's own way and is only on Type-S

I just bought mine about a week ago. You have worry about all the scratches, and swirls on black! I just came from a NBP car and blue so far is a lot nicer. But in the end it doesn't matter what we say, you are driving it not us.

thanks for the pics man! i love the kinetic blue color but ur blue comes with ebony and black the one my friend has comes with taupe, thats the reason why im leaning toward the Nbp and it comes with aspec lip kit which i was goin to buy anyways so that saves me the money for coilovers!
Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm lost..

i said more adult car because of the category. the evo is more of a young crowd than a older crowd. and since im goin to work for honda or acura soon i wanted a honda again. i just dont like driving the evo as a daily and if i could get another car i would but i just dont want to be in that scene or invest any more money in that car.

i was more or less agreeing with you

but warning you that as grown up as the TL is, it wont stop even the most mature driver from driving it like a kid its why i love this car
Old 04-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by ray-ban
i was more or less agreeing with you

but warning you that as grown up as the TL is, it wont stop even the most mature driver from driving it like a kid its why i love this car
i kno im sure there will be times i will speed but not speed like i would with the evo cuz it will never have top end
Old 04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
These colors don't run

But what are the price difference if any? Miles on them? years?
Old 04-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Scuba_Steve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're both beautiful colors! Only reason I'd go with the NBP is cause I can't stand tan interior... Good luck and welcome bro!
Old 04-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Former Street Racer

Originally Posted by FreedomEagle50
But what are the price difference if any? Miles on them? years?

well the KBP is 27k with 25k miles. Taupe Interior and everything else stock.

NBP- guy wants 32k with 12k miles with aspec lip kit, roof wing, and blackout headlights but told him i only have 28k cash and he said that would work.

i havent seen the black one yet but the blue one is owned by someone around their high 30s and not sure on the black one. im goin to check the black one out and check the paint and rotors and everything else and let u guys know.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
just for the record, kbp shows the swirls just about as bad as nbp....i now machine polish my car a few times a year to get rid of the swirls...
Old 04-04-2009, 09:57 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Originally Posted by vinnier6
just for the record, kbp shows the swirls just about as bad as nbp
UMM NO. Who lied to to you? There is no other color that is worst at showing swirl marks. I have a KBP and my cuzin has a NBP. Lets just say I will never buy a NBP cause I cant stand seeing my car dirty. Which the NBP is 90% of the time. UM KBP FTW!

Last edited by TLType-s12; 04-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Burning Brakes

anyways the evo has a full race gt35r with intercooler piping, intake, full turbo back exhaust, boost controller and stock cams and made 480 on pump and 530 on race. we could have went more on race gas but didnt want to push it since it was stock block. I think the evo is the most bang for the buck when it comes to a 30k car. it feels solid and nothing comes close to it for the price and the out of the hole is the most amazing feeling u can feel. Instantly 2 cars when i race someone out of the hole.
i can understand why now. yah the evos shouldnt really be DD cars (even though a lot of people use them as one).

i would honestly go with the NBP cause its a better deal. aspec kit with half the miles as the other one and for only 1k more.

but dont underestimate the power of the TL lol. its no evo, but it can be a monster sometimes.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Former Street Racer

i can understand why now. yah the evos shouldnt really be DD cars (even though a lot of people use them as one).

i would honestly go with the NBP cause its a better deal. aspec kit with half the miles as the other one and for only 1k more.

but dont underestimate the power of the TL lol. its no evo, but it can be a monster sometimes.
lol yah i kno its no evo. i test drove one and wow its so smooth and quiet! i drive my brothers tsx all the time and it just makes me wanna get rid of the evo. here are some pics!

here are the old rims they were on

now it has volks

Old 04-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Burning Brakes

lol yah i kno its no evo. i test drove one and wow its so smooth and quiet! i drive my brothers tsx all the time and it just makes me wanna get rid of the evo. here are some pics!

here are the old rims they were on

now it has volks

yah thats what i like about my TL. the power might not compare to EVOs and STI's but the ride is very smooth.

that TSX is very nice. i was actually considering it until i saw my Type S
Old 04-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Cruisin'

NBP if you are going to keep it clean and tight.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:51 PM

NBP ftw
Old 04-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Former Street Racer

yah thats what i like about my TL. the power might not compare to EVOs and STI's but the ride is very smooth.

that TSX is very nice. i was actually considering it until i saw my Type S
yea the evo doesnt have navi and options like bluetooth and heated seats. just options which are nice to have. i love the tsx too but i want a v6 with the extra torque and the tsx can never compete with the type s! im the older brother so i have the bigger engine lol
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
kbp
Old 04-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Burning Brakes

yea the evo doesnt have navi and options like bluetooth and heated seats. just options which are nice to have. i love the tsx too but i want a v6 with the extra torque and the tsx can never compete with the type s! im the older brother so i have the bigger engine lol

but yah thats one of the main reasons i didnt get an EVO. it was too one sided. i wanted a balance of luxury/convenience and sport/performance and the TL was perfect IMO. now only if i got the 6MT
Old 04-05-2009, 03:03 AM
These colors don't run

well the KBP is 27k with 25k miles. Taupe Interior and everything else stock.

NBP- guy wants 32k with 12k miles with aspec lip kit, roof wing, and blackout headlights but told him i only have 28k cash and he said that would work.

i havent seen the black one yet but the blue one is owned by someone around their high 30s and not sure on the black one. im goin to check the black one out and check the paint and rotors and everything else and let u guys know.

You should be ablet to work down those prices. I just got mine a week ago.

KBP 8,700 miles on it NO LIE. for $27,900 at an auction. So it's possible to do it cheaper but who knows what they owe and what they got it for also.. Now he said he can possibly do 28k cash? if so not bad.

If not $5,000 difference about for those mods? I'm not 100% sure, but you can probably add your own for half the price. Yes lower miles but it's an Acura. Just remember these things.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:04 AM
These colors don't run

where do you live anyways? If you need a VIN ran PM me it and I'll run it for you, I should still have my carfax running.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 AM
RLTW!!

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Live in the North Atlanta Metroplex and see very few KBP TL-S's! I have a KBP and have to say the color is awesome, I say KBP! It all boils down to what you want. Best of Luck in your decision.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Nismo TL yo!

kbp... way too many nbp's on the road. kbp is also exclusive to the type-s so its a bit more distinguishable. Either way though, you cant go wrong!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by TLType-s12
UMM NO. Who lied to to you? There is no other color that is worst at showing swirl marks. I have a KBP and my cuzin has a NBP. Lets just say I will never buy a NBP cause I cant stand seeing my car dirty. Which the NBP is 90% of the time. UM KBP FTW!
i guess my experience lied to me....if you didnt notice, i have a kbp, although it may not be quite as bad as nbp, its pretty damn close with respect to it showing swirls and dirt....my car shows dust and dirt 5 minutes after i wash it, and i spend alot of time detailing and machine polishing my car to perfection to keep it swirl free, tiime i wouldnt have to spend if i had a silver or white car....

i love the kbp, dont get me wrong, but its not any better at nbp with respect to scratches/swirls and dirt...

Quick Reply: NBP OR KBP Type S?