3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The NBP Curse Continues.....I Hate Trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry The NBP Curse Continues.....I Hate Trucks!

Fisrt thing, no injuries so now I can begin to be pissed. Well this morning a friggen truck decided to sideswipe my drivers side. I have no mirror, scrapes on both door panels and one of my Inspyre wheels is mangeled. I don't have my camera with me and it's pouring out so the camera phone pics didn't come out all all. I'll be sure to take some pics when I get home tonight. I wouldn't be so pissed if it was me causing the damage to my but seriously this is the third time she'll be to the shop over someones stupid ass neglagence.

I was merging onto 78 via 14ABC when a friggen trunk carry one of those oversided metal containers found at construction sites decided to come into my lane and sideswipe me. I couldn't even get over because I would had hit the car next to me who was also merging. I'm so friggen pissed right now I could kill someone. The driver was actually pretty cool and claims he didn't see me in his mirrors, which is hard to believe, but understandable I guess. I wasn't really in his blind and if anything I'm sure he atleast saw my headlights. He slowed up as to let me in and then when I was coming over just hit the gas for no aparent reason.

Is it bad that I'm craving a bottle of grey goose at 8:00? I dunno what to do now. I need to find another body shop bc I wasn't overely excited about the shop I went to on three previous occasions although they need fantasic work I guess I just expect much higher satisfaction. Not to mention now they are going to have to repaint and blend the entire drive side and I'm sure there will be variances with the paint matching the rest of the car but I guess I'll have to be the judge of that when I have the repairs done. I think after I get this taken care of I might trade it in and take a loss and go with a different color TL-S, Black is my favorite color bar-none, but in the past few months I've already had my Envoy to the shop once and this will be the third trip for the TL. I can't stand to have to keep putting my baby in the shop because people can't friggen drive. Maybe the solution is just to get the hell out of NJ. Alright, thanks for letting me rant
Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh man, I am sorry that sucks, hey if you have not sent your emblem and you want to wait thats fine with me
Old 10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Acually I could prep it for you and you could give it to a shop that you use to fix it and then they could paint it at the same time possibly with a better match?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:18 AM
Let's Go Pens

I'm still going to send you the emblem and have you take care of it. The shop I usually use doesn't really want to take on "small" jobs like an emblem or even a grill or whatever. I'll let you know for sure when I ship it so you can keep a look out for it. I think I need to find out what time the Hoboken bars open, I need a morning pick me up, lol
Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Lol
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks man but that spot during rush hour is hell.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 AM
Racer

That sucks Evader........sorry to hear that man.....

I think I would go ape shit if something like that happen to my baby, you should of seen me when I got a chip on my hood....lol

Best of luck brother.......
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Let's Go Pens

Thanks. I think the worst thing of all this crap is I'm going to be driving around in a damn Enterprise rental once the repairs begin. I think I need to buy a damn clunker to get me to and from work cause I can't deal with anymore incidents.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey I got into one October 9th... and um the damage $12,000, very similar to yours... Speeding cop went into my rear driver door....

The shop I went to finished in 3 weeks... and they gave me a luxury car rental for the price of a midsize (course the insurance covers it)... beter to roll in a lincoln than a cobalt
Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Let's Go Pens

I have geico and they allow for like $30 a day.. I'm lucky that mine was only a side swipe so the doors are a little dented but no frame damage. I would sue the shit out of the municipality of where that cop works! What shop did you go to? I def don't want to be stuck in a midsize economy if I don't have to be!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Sometimes shops have upgrade tickets for rental cars, we have one for hertz, they will put you in one class higher for the same price. Good Luck
Old 10-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I feel your pain, believe me. I have to wonder if black is harder to see because everytime my car has been hit was when it was sitting in a parking lot. I decided a long time ago to only file a claim for every 3 accidents. The extra $500 a month average for my deductable was getting annoying. I now have a scrape in the hood, dent in the grill, chipped windshield, and rock damage to the front end. Time for a claim I guess.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by NaplesTL
Sometimes shops have upgrade tickets for rental cars, we have one for hertz, they will put you in one class higher for the same price. Good Luck

Yeah thats what the shop I went to did, finished the car in 3 weeks... Needed new rear door, new rear quarter panel, new rear rim, new headliner, 2 curtain airbags, and a new driver seat since the bolster air bag deployed...

I got geico also, the adjuster went to the shop the 2 days later had the check that same week

Cop was not on duty she was in her personal vehicle so it is the same as a civillian running into me....

I went to http://impressiveauto.com/
They also absorb your deductible like if your deductible is $500 they will delete it... as for the RJ rim that was damaged, I sure hope you got coverage for it

anyway here is a pic of the damage.... pretty sure yours doesnt look this bad
Old 10-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Let's Go Pens

What do you mean they absord the deductibe? I actually have $500 collision, you're meaning that I wouldn't have to pay them the deductible? They take the check you give them from the insurance company and that's it? I have actually never been issued a direct check from my insurance companies so I don't really know how it all works from that perspective, because I actually go to one of their Express Shops and they deal directly with the body shop since they have staff there on call. I'm looking at one of the members on here bc he has a shop in the bronx but this also might be an option too. I just want to make sure I make the right decision. You have alot more damage than me, mind is just mostly scaped and a few dents on the doors.. no mirror etc.

Do you reccomend anyone in particular to deal with over at impressive? I'd like to see some "after" photos too!
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

I would be careful with any company that gets rid of your deductable... that is insurance fraund anyway you look at it no ifs ands or buts
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

If the insurance company finds out about a customer not paying a deductable the insurance company will put that shop out of commision with teams of lawyers backing them up.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

bro so many shops do that in nyc...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:25 AM
REDBULL///AMG

thats not true...theres body shops with sgns posted on their windows about deductables being washed out
Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

^ you know what I mean, they have to compete with these "express shops" that push the drivers into getting it fixed in their shop...

the fact of the matter is the insurance companies certified shops are the ones who cut corners... since they want to save the insurance co money
Old 10-25-2007, 11:39 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

I am looking the burying deductible stuff on lexis nexis to see if it is infact "against the law" in New York/Jersey/PA

PS. Impressive like many shops offer a "LIFETIME WARRANTY ON THE WORK, AS LONG AS YOU ARE THE OWNER"
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
REDBULL///AMG

well dont forget i myself own a bodyshop. theres loopholes around everything..and also for example if the goin hourly rate is 52/hr the insurance get it discounted from their express shops. thats why the shops half ass. they arent getting paid as much as a regular body shop. thats why i always tell my clients dont deal with express shop, not to get the business but for their benifit as well. and another thing is they will tell you bring the car somewhere so they can estimate it. another bad thing to do. i always tell them to bring it to me. i have a good relationship with all adjusters in my area geico, progressive, allstate, state farm ect... so they dont try to skip things. if they feel i need an hour time they will give me a lil more to perfect it, if they think something is repairable, they might replace it for me. and when the adjuster see's the person there isnt a bodyshop and doesnt know anything, they tend to look over thing like bumper absorbers, reinforcement etc. and im not sayin its intentional, but its always better to have someone go over the car with them that knows about the business, they might think a panel doesnt need to be blended, but i would make sure they give time for that. so its always better to have the car at the shop before estimate is done
Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

exactly... I have passed by your shop many times but when my car was taken to impressive I didn't know you owned it or else I would have gone there... people automatically think that because a shop doesn't make you pay the deductible it is because they are going to cut corners... I did find that washing out or not paying the deductible is illegal in jersey, nothing about new york... honestly if the work is done to your liking and is warranted why even use an express shop which will get parts from the junk yard and so on...
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
damn kid... sorry to hear about the accident... Good Luck...
Old 10-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
damn that sux dude. you just bought those RJ's too didn't you?
Old 10-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Originally Posted by 06 Acura TL
well dont forget i myself own a bodyshop. theres loopholes around everything..and also for example if the goin hourly rate is 52/hr the insurance get it discounted from their express shops. thats why the shops half ass. they arent getting paid as much as a regular body shop. thats why i always tell my clients dont deal with express shop, not to get the business but for their benifit as well. and another thing is they will tell you bring the car somewhere so they can estimate it. another bad thing to do. i always tell them to bring it to me. i have a good relationship with all adjusters in my area geico, progressive, allstate, state farm ect... so they dont try to skip things. if they feel i need an hour time they will give me a lil more to perfect it, if they think something is repairable, they might replace it for me. and when the adjuster see's the person there isnt a bodyshop and doesnt know anything, they tend to look over thing like bumper absorbers, reinforcement etc. and im not sayin its intentional, but its always better to have someone go over the car with them that knows about the business, they might think a panel doesnt need to be blended, but i would make sure they give time for that. so its always better to have the car at the shop before estimate is done
+++1 I am with you bro
Old 10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

If I "wash" the deductable and a insurance company finds out about, to them that means I wrote it too high... so high I can save the customer thier deductable, and charge it to the insurance. (ie: insurance fraud) I hope poeple don't wonder why thier insurance rates are so high.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Originally Posted by stillhere153
^ you know what I mean, they have to compete with these "express shops" that push the drivers into getting it fixed in their shop...

the fact of the matter is the insurance companies certified shops are the ones who cut corners... since they want to save the insurance co money
you are 100% right
Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Let's Go Pens

I just spoke with 06 Acura TL and I will be bringing my baby to his shop for repairs. Yes he agreed that my deductible would be washed out ( I've never heard of this but I'm taking his word for it) and I'll you guys know the outcome of the job he does. As he said, every TL that comes through his shop he treats as if it's his own. I also like the fact the he has assured me it will kept inside his garage and not just behind a gate that anyone can get access if they wanted. If the whole idea of washing out the deductible was illegal then I don't think he would be advertising this over the phone or even online, he would just make not of it at the end of the transaction. I look at it though that the deductible doesn't have anything to do with the insurance company because the insurance does their part to pay for all repairs and for me to take possesion of the car then I have to pay the final payment (deductible) If the shop agrees to waive that, then that's the shops desgresion and not the insurance companies problem bc they have done their part.

Ahmed I'll give you a call tomorrow to confirm everything about bringing it in on Saturday and I'll call and let my insurance company know where the car is going. I appreciate your reassurance and I hope everything works out as you have said!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM
REDBULL///AMG

no prblem evader. will be looking foward to having two type S at one time in my shop.lol im a man of my word and its my shop so its not someone just tryin to get you there for commsion purposes. see you soon
Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

I am not saying he is wrong maybe it is a state thing, but I can tell you from personal experience I have had an insurace attorney sue me over this exact situation, so maybe it is just in florida. Not fun thing almost losing everything I have and putting my family on the street over saving a customer $500
Old 10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

O6 Acura , thats great you have an estimator that has a good relation with all the adjusters BIG PLUS for you business I just let my estimator go, he literally pissed off every adjuster and was only capturing 30% of his estimates, not a hard decision. LOL
Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 PM
REDBULL///AMG

naples i absalutley agree with you. i deff would not risk it as well. i think they probably just gave up on NY b/c there is soo many shops out here competing. i actually had a customer tell me he wants his 1000$ deductable washed out and 25% of the job back on his 06 RL front end collision..maybe about 8K in damages..i told him to take a hike. i can do you a favor (500) if its reasonable, but im deff not giving you more on top. i can eat some of the labor time but when your talking 1000$ plus 25% im losing.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Let's Go Pens

Originally Posted by ggesq
damn that sux dude. you just bought those RJ's too didn't you?

Yeah I just picked these off another member (04WDPSeDan) two weeks ago tomorrow. I just don't have any luck but atleast this only happened going like 1/2 mile an hour... I had a 18 wheeler on my right, It could have been worse and I could have been in between the two so I'm just happy I'm able to sit here and bitch.

Here is a quick pic of the wheel:

The pics of the body damage didn't come out enough to see so I'll get those up later. If i'm lucky maybe Ahmed can take a few shots of the car during the repair process to keep me updated!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
REDBULL///AMG

no prob evader..deff keep it posted as we go.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

damn rim is done, guess it isn't holding the air anymore...

dude make sure the other guys insurance co is going to pay for that rim...
Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM
REDBULL///AMG

i was talkin to evader. the stock type S wheel which is most likey all the insurance will cover is a lil more expensive..makes up for the tire price dif. so it works out well
Old 10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

naples i absalutley agree with you. i deff would not risk it as well. i think they probably just gave up on NY b/c there is soo many shops out here competing. i actually had a customer tell me he wants his 1000$ deductable washed out and 25% of the job back on his 06 RL front end collision..maybe about 8K in damages..i told him to take a hike. i can do you a favor (500) if its reasonable, but im deff not giving you more on top. i can eat some of the labor time but when your talking 1000$ plus 25% im losing.
I have had the same customers, it sucks I just tell them have a nice day LOL
Old 10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
Thanks. I think the worst thing of all this crap is I'm going to be driving around in a damn Enterprise rental once the repairs begin. I think I need to buy a damn clunker to get me to and from work cause I can't deal with anymore incidents.
Damn it hurts to read this story, is there any damage to the components that hold the wheel? Like the control arm and whatnot. Hopefully you have a good experience with this body shop and maybe you can convince the rental company to give you something nice.

I know I'm pretty upset to see these door dings above my gas cap, I have absolutely no f'ing clue how they got there.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:59 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
no prblem evader. will be looking foward to having two type S at one time in my shop.lol im a man of my word and its my shop so its not someone just tryin to get you there for commsion purposes. see you soon

Where is your shop? Just curious how much it will cost me to respray my front bumper, and buff a couple of scratches on the hood.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

his shop is in the BX... not too far from the i95 bout 2 mins

Quick Reply: The NBP Curse Continues.....I Hate Trucks!