3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The NBP Curse Continues.....I Hate Trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The tire is actually holding air for now. I drove about 10 miles after the accident and I have a 60+ mile drive home so that will be the real test I guess. If they replaced the tire/wheel as they were stocked on the vehicle you are talking a $200 (I'm guessing here) michelin tire plus between $250-300 to have the tl-s rim replaced. The RJ's 18" are $265 and If I chose not to have it shipped I can pick one up for $220. So that i'm not really worried about. Friggen mirror I bet is going to be a bitch but your a body shop so you'll be able to take care of it. When the mirror snapped off, the electrical cord ( I guess for the heated mirror/turn signal snapped in half) This is likely going to be a 50/50 liability claim because technically neither myself nor the truck driver were in a designated lane bc of the point at where we were merging. I need a tank like that, 0 damage noticed on him but I have one hell of a headache to deal with lol.

I think waiving the $500 deductible is fair and shows a good gesture. As for asking asking for a % back on the repairs, That guy is ridiculous, and it takes some balls just to ask for that.

I can't wait to get her in the shop and begin this process. I can't stand being without my car even for a day. 06 Acura TL, would you mind painting my rear emblem (body color)for me? ( I have a brand new one I bought just for this) Naples TL, I still want you to do this but if he is willing to do this, like you said maybe it would be a better match. If he doesn't want to be bothered, I'll send it out to you tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
REDBULL///AMG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea thats fine evader..its only gona take me hanging it next to the mirror while we spray. i'll do that for you.

eoanou, to strip a front bumber and respray roughly your looking at about 350, depending on the color, maybe less maybe more. also if theres any repairs required. let me know if you have pix would be excellent
Old 10-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey Evader, that sucks! I hear ya about driving in NJ - probably one more reason why I take NJ Transit.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Let's Go Pens

Yeah the train is starting to look good again. Your the guy that works in jersey city right? We gotta catch up for lunch sometime. Next week is a busy one for me but the following week maybe we can set something up. I could have went for happy hour at 8:00 this morning..Oh well, an accident is an accident and as pissed as I am I'll get over it. I'm just happy I have my wife and daughter to go home to
Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM
All About Trance

Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles, too. Hopefully they'll repair it to like new condition and that you won't have to be in a rental for too long. Did you call the cops on that guy to get a police report?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:02 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
OMG! NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad your alright man. A car is can be replaced, your life isn't. Be safe out there brotha, You don't want to miss any part of your beautiful daughters life.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you're not alone

rim doesnt look too bad, atleast not from that angle. same thing happened to me in 06, march i think, the expedition came so close to my drivers side, whipped the mirror forward and jammed it into the A-Pillar. The driver was like 6"5 at least 230 pounds, but i wouldn't care if shaq was behind the wheel, I was screaming like hell until the police showed up, took like an hour, and one of them was smoking and just saying uh huh, yea, ok, allright, well give you a call, and I'm thinking "these guys are the ones who are supposed to protect our streets, and they can't even get an accident report right. I got the guys license plate just in case, good thing too, cuz that call never came. about a month later, i explained everything to the city, they understood, apologized, and i had my check two weeks later. sorry if i crashed this thread, just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Evader its cool, I know "06 Acura TL" can take care of you he could match it better than I can with your car there, plus you could save shipping, good luck with everything if you guys need anything let me know
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evader
Here is a quick pic of the wheel:

DAYYYYUUUMMMM!!! Your name is "Evader" - evade mofo! It look like you took a chisel to that one dawg!

Man...you'll do anything to get out of washing your car won't you?

Just some humor since I know you aiight and drunk than a mofo rightabout now!

06 Acura TL: What's up with your hard-working ass! Take care of my dawg! That's NBP playa - no hatin' while you workin'!!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
damn ... that NBP curse never endsss.. is this like your 2nd or 3rd time in the shop?? BLACKURA was in the shop 4 times....

hey stillhere, when the fk did that happen? that sucks. looked like a hard hit

main thing. you're all alright.

p.s. on my first accident, the body shop washed out my deduc. , got me the aspec kit, and paid half of the rental (over 30 days). i thought it was the coolest thing in the world...

until i noticed the bullshit job they did... hammered out the trunk & body pan instead of replacing... no orange peel in the paint, didnt line up the fenders right.... trunk leaked, support beam was rusted... and stuffed it all w/ sound deadening so i wouldnt notice... didnt even wet sand the paint or use a perfect NBP match

i would have rather not gotten the aspec kit, paid my deduc and brought it somewhere reputable... god forbid anything happens again, i will bring it to the most expensive body shop around, to ensure a great job...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Do I hear a Ron Jon Bodykit for the TL coming soon?????? lol J/k What's most important is that your alright and hope your car gets back to where it was.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:04 AM
Let's Go Pens

^ This will be the third time she's been in the shop. I can't freaking stand it anymore. I'm nervous as anyone would be going to a shop i've never heard of before but I'm going to give him a chance and hopefully he stands for what he says and stands behind his business since he is the owner. Assuming everything goes smoothly I will def be giving referrals to anyone who needs repairs. I like the fact that he owns a TL himself and knows how much love we have for our cars. We'll see how it goes, I'll try and get pics posted later
Old 10-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Let's Go Pens

Just a quick before picture: I'm so pissed that I got these wheels yesterday!

It obviously could have been alot worse being hit by such a big truck, nevertheless, it's the headache of now I have to go through of having it repaired and hoping everything turns out as expected.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:31 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
What kind of tape did you use to keep the mirror on there (I kid I kid)
Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 AM
Let's Go Pens

It's ultra sticky clear shipping tape. I havn't been able to dyno, but I've been told it's about a +15 HP gain and it can expensive though at $4 a roll at your local walmart, haha.

06 Acura TL: Can you either clear your PM box or give me a call sometime today at 201.748.6786. I've spoken with Geico and let them know it was going to be repaired. They told me it would be a couple days before the adjuster will probably make it out and I wasn't sure bc you have pull if you had a way of arranging someone from Geico to call me and maybe be there on Saturday when I drop off the car. I know you know what your doing but Geico wanted me to make it clear that until an adjuster does his estimate you won't start any repairs or anything. Let me know what you think and can't wait to get her on the road to recovery!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

dude just take it to his shop, get yourself a base pontiac g6 from the nearby enterprise lol
geico will prob stop by monday if you take it to his shop on saturday....

good luck dude

ps. Duct tape woulda got you some more ponies bra
Old 10-26-2007, 08:17 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by stillhere153
NO!

Black electrical tape! NBP dammit!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Let's Go Pens

dude just take it to his shop, get yourself a base pontiac g6 from the nearby enterprise lol
geico will prob stop by monday if you take it to his shop on saturday....

good luck dude

I'm taking it to his shop for sure on saturday morning. The girl I was talking to at Geico didn't seem very happy that it wasn't going tot their autoexpress shop, haha. Between the TL and my truck being repainted NBP I've been to their express shop in Mt. Holly 3x and I was satisfied with the work they did before but it took a couple return trips to have my expectations fully met, so I'm giving Autosports Collision a chance to win my business, and of course I'm sure this won't be the last time that I need a body shop so I'm sure I'll be back to his shop before too long after this is taken care of.

I don't want a G6 but the last time I got a rental they gave me '08 G6 GT and it was pretty fun to drive, much better than the Taurus they originally put me into. I might have to use this weekend to go out and do some test drives and bullshit the salesman that I'm looking for a new ride and just want to do test drives to narrow my decision down. This way I don't have to hear them bullshit me, we can hop in and drive and I'll tell them to have a nice day lol
Old 10-26-2007, 08:38 AM
REDBULL///AMG

evader, i just left you a message..im sry about my mailbox being full. i just emptied it out. just gimme a call as soon as you get the chance.

dont u wish they had TL rentals..haha thats woulda been gr8

oh and the tape idea...Priceless...thats deff about 15 Hp to the back wheels..ahaha
Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by darksom1
NO!

Black electrical tape! NBP dammit!

HOLY CRAP
you never seize to amaze me
Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Let's Go Pens

That's the Ray we know though, haha.

I hope he doesn't mix is some white pearly with the new nbp I'll have on my doors. I was just thinking though, I have a few minor rock chips in the hood, hmmm it would be nice if we could convince the insurance company that the hood needs to be blended to match the side of the car. Hell if they agree to that, maybe we can convince Geico to give me a two-tone paint job!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:33 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

hahahahhaa you never know bro
Old 10-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Let's Go Pens

^ Yeah, we'll see lol. Ok this is off topic and I have not read as many threads lately as I have wanted. What are those wheels you have in your avitar? Are they actually mounted on your tl-s?
Old 10-26-2007, 02:16 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Originally Posted by Evader
^ Yeah, we'll see lol. Ok this is off topic and I have not read as many threads lately as I have wanted. What are those wheels you have in your avitar? Are they actually mounted on your tl-s?
well they are in my hallway in bags since the accident occured the day after I mounted them... I didn't have time to put all 4 on so I just put 1 on took a pic and put them inside blankets and threw em in the car...

they are the axis super hiro (I am the only 3g tl running those) a few tl's running the regular axis hiro with the polished lip
Old 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Let's Go Pens

I'm kinda feeling the red stripe around the wheel, very much like the new RJ's it's different but I def like it. I'd like to see these in person once you finally get them all mounted. Did you finally get your car back or is it still in the shop? I hope my car isn't in the shop as long as last time...4 weeks without my baby was painful!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:19 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Bro I haven't had the 2nd love of my life (2nd to my gf who picked it out NBP BBaBBbY) since the morning of october 9th... it is killing me not to drive to work... I took it for granted how fast it gets me to work.... and since for some dumb reason I neglected to add a rental my ass is stuck on the good ol' mta... 15 minute drive turns into a 45mins. commute via 3 trains
Old 10-27-2007, 01:10 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Man, by the time you two (Evader & Stillhere) get your cars back, I will have my Canon 40D (yes, I scrapped the idea of going Nikon D80 after much surfing and researching). Then maybe we can have a photoshoot!

-OR-

You can both catch the greyhound down here and watch me take pictures of Stella!
Old 10-27-2007, 02:13 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Oh you got jokes eh... lmfao

If you didn't drive an nbp I'd have a comeback
Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Burning Brakes

you guys are all wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Painters Tape FTW

Old 10-27-2007, 06:44 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

scratches his head... looks better than the 3m clear bra I tell yah what... but I tell you another thing, I will not ask why you did it

PS. nice Toy Yoda TC (TC abbreaviation for Total Crap)
Old 10-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Let's Go Pens

^Ha.Ha.Ha. That one is classic! I'm def coming down to MD for a photoshoot Ray. I want to go to the Redskins game but gotta pony up a lot of cash for that game that could be put into the TL. Although it's months a way, maybe early spring I'll see about coming down and I'll look into some spots where maybe we can do a mini meet and get some members from the north and south to meet somewhere in the middle. Greyhound? Hell no, I'm going to pick up my G6 from enterprise today lol. $1.75 out of pocket per day, can't really complain about it. Better than taking mass transit....Then again, If I took mass transit to work I would have my baby in 1 piece
Old 10-27-2007, 09:51 AM
REDBULL///AMG

hey brad i dropped you a PM
Old 10-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Burning Brakes

scratches his head... looks better than the 3m clear bra I tell yah what... but I tell you another thing, I will not ask why you did it

PS. nice Toy Yoda TC (TC abbreaviation for Total Crap)

lol......it's the same thing as a camry motor. and it's actually not crap from me going from my 3.2 CL to a Turbo Tc I was surprised how much potential it has
Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 PM
REDBULL///AMG

so after lookin at the TYPE S, im jelous..evader i love the interior the nav, the tails, the headlights...i love it all on the Type S
Old 10-27-2007, 04:58 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

You should see my tan interior... imma stop by to get something painted soon as I get it back from the shop its at so hold on to some nbp for me
Old 10-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Let's Go Pens

Stillhere: You have the Light taupe interior? I'm envious of that, but bc I have a four year old I went with the darker interior! The taupe/tan really adds to the luxury feel. Btw, what's your name? Name is Brad.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Names Al... I got the tan mainly because I love how it looks from the rear... the deck with the headrests... makes people behind me say damn that car is nice
Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nbp on tan is the shyt!
Old 10-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Cruisin'

Phew. I'm glad I chose a silver TL. lol. :/ Sorry.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:14 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

^ you aren't welcomed here

nah just j/k

Quick Reply: The NBP Curse Continues.....I Hate Trucks!