3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NBP Acura TL (Toronto, Canada) With RJ Kit - IS THIS YOUR CAR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBP Acura TL (Toronto, Canada) With RJ Kit - IS THIS YOUR CAR?

I was lookin around at the RonJon Sports Design site and found a TL that looks real nice.

Here is the link:

Click Here For The Picture

I noticed that the owner of this TL lives in Toronto, Canada as the license plate cover says Acura Woodbine.

If this is your car, i'd like to know how much it costed for those RJ Rims, the Aero Kit and how much u dropped your ride.

Also wanted to know if you ever drive that car in the winter considering we have bad winters here.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Dammit... so I'm not gonna be the first!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just shocked that people play basketball in Canada. I thought Steve Nash was the only one!

dunk you very much!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by brettallica
I'm just shocked that people play basketball in Canada. I thought Steve Nash was the only one!

dunk you very much!!!

What kinda statement is dat???

RAPTORS...awww yeeeahhh
Old 03-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just messin', my friend. Just a little friendly jab at our North American neighbors!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TMLInfinity
I was lookin around at the RonJon Sports Design site and found a TL that looks real nice.

Here is the link:

Click Here For The Picture

I noticed that the owner of this TL lives in Toronto, Canada as the license plate cover says Acura Woodbine.

If this is your car, i'd like to know how much it costed for those RJ Rims, the Aero Kit and how much u dropped your ride.

Also wanted to know if you ever drive that car in the winter considering we have bad winters here.

Thats my car....

as for your questions.

1) i paid 1300.00 cdn for the rims.
2) falken tires 1500.00
3) the body kit i do not remember.....approx 2850 but it should be cheaper now talk to Knockz i think he said somewhere Acura Woodbine sells the kit. Just a side note, Acura Woodbine were the ones that painted and installed my kit and rims...i wonder if i gave them the inspiration?? hmmm.
4) In that picture my car is NOT lowered.....however i have pics of it lowered now which i will send if you like...e-mail??? the actual drop i do not know for sure, i jsut asked the installer to elimiate wheel gap and to keep the back higher than the front. (muscle car look)
5) i do not drive my car in the winter, its too low now and i dont want to plow the roads for other drivers.

Knockz are you going to lower your car?? or have you already done soo?? hey, did you install your amp subs etc yet at georgetown audio shop???
Old 03-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by nitehawk23
Thats my car....

as for your questions.

2) falken tires 1500.00
3) the body kit i do not remember.....approx 2850 but it should be cheaper now talk to Knockz i think he said somewhere Acura Woodbine sells the kit. Just a side note, Acura Woodbine were the ones that painted and installed my kit and rims...i wonder if i gave them the inspiration?? hmmm.
4) In that picture my car is NOT lowered.....however i have pics of it lowered now which i will send if you like...e-mail??? the actual drop i do not know for sure, i jsut asked the installer to elimiate wheel gap and to keep the back higher than the front. (muscle car look)
5) i do not drive my car in the winter, its too low now and i dont want to plow the roads for other drivers.

Knockz are you going to lower your car?? or have you already done soo?? hey, did you install your amp subs etc yet at georgetown audio shop???
email me the pics, I'll host them and send you the links...
info@ronjonsportdesign.com
Old 03-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered P.I.M.P

Thats my car....
Knockz are you going to lower your car?? or have you already done soo?? hey, did
you install your amp subs etc yet at georgetown audio shop???
That car is looking sweeeeeeeet. Was exactly what i wanted to do. I guess I'm a tad too late.. haha

Ya.. RonJon now has Acura Woodbine as their canadian distributor on their website. So it should be cheaper and easier for us now hopefully.

I use to drive my old lowered accord in winter. It wasn't that bad. But I don't think it was lowered as much as your car. Usually the roads were good. And it handled very good with my blizzaks on. I think I'm gonna get a new set of Blizzaks for my TL. They were really good in the winter.

As for my stereo.. I made an appointment with Audio Heaven to get it installed at the end of the month. They are also going to do my tints at the same time. All that I am getting done is my after market sub and amp. 1000W RMS should give a whole new set of rattles to worry about.

Went with them to kill 2 birds with one stone and they were very experienced with tinting TL's. For 175$ or so they do the tints and the mole skin.

After that I will be lookin into some rims for summer and then hopefully the RJ or Aspec kit.

Send on the other pics so we can check them out.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:36 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,392 Likes on 4,073 Posts
Thats my car....

as for your questions.

2) falken tires 1500.00

NIIIICE!!! Love the body kit! Love the rims! Chrome looks HOT on the NBP!

I have a NBP but it doesn't seem to look like yours.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rondog
email me the pics, I'll host them and send you the links...
info@ronjonsportdesign.com

Thanks Ron, i will e-mail you my pics later tonight or first thing tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Knockz
That car is looking sweeeeeeeet. Was exactly what i wanted to do. I guess I'm a tad too late.. haha

Ya.. RonJon now has Acura Woodbine as their canadian distributor on their website. So it should be cheaper and easier for us now hopefully.

I use to drive my old lowered accord in winter. It wasn't that bad. But I don't think it was lowered as much as your car. Usually the roads were good. And it handled very good with my blizzaks on. I think I'm gonna get a new set of Blizzaks for my TL. They were really good in the winter.

As for my stereo.. I made an appointment with Audio Heaven to get it installed at the end of the month. They are also going to do my tints at the same time. All that I am getting done is my after market sub and amp. 1000W RMS should give a whole new set of rattles to worry about.

Went with them to kill 2 birds with one stone and they were very experienced with tinting TL's. For 175$ or so they do the tints and the mole skin.

After that I will be lookin into some rims for summer and then hopefully the RJ or Aspec kit.

Hey Knocks,

Thanks, but in that pic the car inst lowered eh, it appears to be but thats bone stock ride height. If you see the car now its slammed!!! My installer couldnt even take out the speed jack it was just that low.

So far im sourcing parts for my stereo....i need the DOms navi unit, DVD player. Im thinking of letting Kromer radio do my install, but if your saying audio heaven will be doing yours maybe i should go to them since they have experience with the our TL's. Do they have a website??? Im gonna be rocking my JL 1000 and IDMAX 12inch
Old 03-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Instructor

Knockz, i think i would like to go with you when you go to do your install.....did you already book a date for your car??
Old 03-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Knockz, you said you were going to tint your windows at Acura Woodbine?

What kind of tint do they offer? is it the same quality as 3M or Sun-Gard?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Knockz, i think i would like to go with you when you go to do your install.....did you already book a date for your car??
Thats cool. Not a prob. I booked a date on the 31st. If you want to get yours the same day I'm sure they can fit you in. Call the shop and talk to Jeff. The website is http://www.audioheaven.ca/ . You can ask him for the same day. Hopefully he will be able to fit you in the same day. My appointment is under the name Gavin. Its the 05 Black TL he has booked on that day. I don't have to be there until 11am.

The weekend before the tint guys are at tintfest so I couldn't get that weekend, but I'm in no rush.

Like I said before.. I was only recommended to this place.. but after talking with Jeff he was so cool on the phone and knew a lot about the TL's that I felt really comfortable.

Let me know if you get through. They are open on sundays too so you can call tomorrow and book. They don't do tinting on sundays though.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Originally Posted by TMLInfinity
Knockz, you said you were going to tint your windows at Acura Woodbine?

What kind of tint do they offer? is it the same quality as 3M or Sun-Gard?
I was asking my dealership (it was acura 2000) but they really had no clue when it came down to details. And it didn't seem like they knew about moleskin or anything like that. I really didn't feel comfortable with it and it was gonna cost me more so I said forget it. I may get them to do my spoiler though. But Acura woodbine has given me a better price on that as well.

I'm getting my tints now done at audio heaven. They use solargard tints (www.solargard.com). They sound really good from my reading. But its all covered under warranty anyways.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Instructor

I was asking my dealership (it was acura 2000) but they really had no clue when it came down to details. And it didn't seem like they knew about moleskin or anything like that. I really didn't feel comfortable with it and it was gonna cost me more so I said forget it. I may get them to do my spoiler though. But Acura woodbine has given me a better price on that as well.

I'm getting my tints now done at audio heaven. They use solargard tints (www.solargard.com). They sound really good from my reading. But its all covered under warranty anyways.

Hmmmm. I opened up another thread for tinting in Toronto.

Toronto Tint Thread

I am looking at Solar Gard site now.

Which one are you going for Knockz?

- non-metallized ultra performance
- metallized high performance
- conventional non-reflective

And is pricing finalized? Tinting + Moleskin for $175? will they double moleskin the weather strips? Outer and inner seal?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Instructor

TMLInfinity,

I just sent the pics over to Ron so he should have those up soon.

Knockz,

i read in one of your posts you said Acura 2000 was your dealership....i also bought my car from there too. Frank was my sales guy but i think hes gone now but i dont know where.

Im still sourcing parts my car so your install date is too soon for me. But i will definately give audio heaven a call see what their prices are like and what sort of package deal they can give me.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered P.I.M.P

Im still sourcing parts my car so your install date is too soon for me. But i will definately give audio heaven a call see what their prices are like and what sort of package deal they can give me.
No prob. Was hoping to see the car in person .. Maybe at the Acura woodbine show and shine.

If your still shopping for parts too check out Radio Active in burlington.

http://www.radioactive1.com/

Every now and then they have a clearance sale that us unbeatable. The only problem is that I get the mailing at the last minute. I would get the mailing on a wed for the sale on friday and it still goes by my moms house so I never see it in time.

But they also have good prices every other time as well.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Team Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats my car....

as for your questions.

2) falken tires 1500.00

1500 for TIRES?!?!?

damn.. i could've gotten u a lower price man! =)