3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Wife Is An Idiot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not as upset now as I was earlier. When I first posted, it was 1/2 hour after it happened and I was still steamed about it.
I am calm now and will just get the tire replaced, the rim if needed and the suspension/alignment checked.
I know it is just a car and I should not be so crazy about damage that happens to it. It is just that I am still in the 'honeymoon' phase with the car since it is so new still. If this happened a year from now I probably would not have blinked twice about it.
The reason I lashed out about my wife is because she is so nonchalant about what happened. I know accidents happen but at least be sorry about it.
I guess daughters do become their mothers. Her mother hits something at least once a year. My wife has been a good driver the whole time I have known her but I wonder if she is slowly becoming her mother (in driving) as she gets older.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's your car. You should get as upset about it as you want (within reason). Honestly our wives are interchangeable. Wanna trade? She has absolutely no respect for any property at all. I think men are naturally more into "things" than women.

I could fill up entire servers writing about the stupid crap my wife does. Yeah, the wheels are all scuffed. Part of the problem is that the sidewall of the tire doesn't extend past the rim. Stupid design. But careful driving would have helped. The broken bottle of dish soap in the trunk - which leaked all over and ate through the bag of kitty litter, causing the bag to break - made a handsome mess in the trunk when the car was 2 weeks old. Have any idea what it's like to get a mixture like that out of the carpets? She's lucky it didn't get into the nav. A trunk tray was ordered the next day. The solid masses of milk on the rug and seats from the baby's bottle - that's nice, too.

Then there are the mysterious scratches on the upper front seats and head rests. A stray cat apparently jumped into the car when she openned the door. WTF?!?!?! This is actually what she says happened.

The car is always filthy. I think she walks through the dirtiest areas she can before gettng in the car. She doesn't even know what a shop-vac is. Or the one for the house, for that matter.

Her habbits extend to other areas as well, not just car care.

I could go on forever but I would just get upset again and you all know the stories.

I told her I'd like to go on that show "Wife Swap". I even said they don't have to send anyone in return. It'll be like a donation.
The following users liked this post:
DaChef320 (12-31-2011)
Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Instructor

Ya know, it's usually women who complain that their husbands are slobs, leaving dirty cloths lying around, never doing any housework, etc. But for all you guys, it's the opposite.

And you got a TL when you have children under 4? What's up with that? I thought everybody knew that you get a minivan or station wagon so when the kidlettes barf all over the seats you just hose it out when you get home. I remember talking to my folks about this. Before my brother and I were born, my Dad had a red 2-door sports coupe. After that, they had an old Ford wagon and a cheap Chevy. After we got a lot older, Mom got a veerrry nice Chrysler (we weren't allowed behind the wheel) with leather and a 383 Hemi. Now it's a MB SLK. I get to gaze fondly at it, but that's about it.

I refuse to go through the fast-food drive-thru in the TL, though, even with the windows and sunroof open. When I want to go to the drive-thru, I stop at home and get my other car (an '88 RX-7 convertible with 155,000 miles). The positive side effect of this rule has been to reduce my consumption of fast-food by a substantial amount.
Bet you don't even fart in that car...
Old 05-17-2006, 02:27 PM
Outta my way!!

Wink

Originally Posted by mr.motoring
I'd like to see your wife's reaction if she ever catches you on the comp blogging away at this thread with her name on it. Based on how you so lovingly describe your significant other, she sure is an expensive insurance premium.

From your point of view though, I can understand, because you are just as materialistic as everyone else on this forum. That's why we're here. So let it all out, big guy. Your wife definitely isn't like us.

Now the only way your TL will survive to see it's first birthday is to play keep away with the keys. Hate to say it, but try as you might, it's too late for her. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
You hit it right in a head!

My wife grew up in the family which didn't care for things - their place looked trashed all the time. Her sister is the same way. So she gets to drive my old cars and I respect her for that - she says she would be afraid to drive a new car even though I offered her new cars every time she was due for it.

On the bright side for her - my 5-6year old cars look and run better than some ppl's 1yo cars - I am a materialist and like cars

Cheers!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by weedeater
(Responding to me regarding fast-food places—)

Bet you don't even fart in that car...
No, I've farted in the TL despite trying not to. Actually, one of the few times I've opened the sunroof has been when I wanted to turn the fan onto the defrost setting to help blow the fart out through the sunroof.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
I'm now beginning to appreciate my wife...

Originally Posted by weedeater
Ya know, it's usually women who complain that their husbands are slobs...
My wife scraped the underside of the TL's front end on a high red-painted curb doing a u-turn in the first month we got it, but the red paint all polished out.
Otherwise, my wife prefers neat, clean stuff and she generally takes care of things. She even pulls the vacuum cleaner out more for the cars than I do. Reading this series of posts makes me appreciate my wife more!

Unfortunately, I'm responsible for the curb rash on the TL and a small nick to wifey's Odyssey bumper.
She has promised to buy me a Hyundai as a result.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Racer

$195 for a new wheel with free shipping

http://oem.thepartsbin.com/parts/the...=Wheel&dp=true
Old 05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
VSA Rocks

In my case, I don't EVER let the wifey drive but the manages to give me door dings in the garage.

Me:"Hey! Look at the dent you put in my car!"
Her: "Big deal. It's not a Ferrari!"
Old 05-18-2006, 04:45 AM
Intermediate

I scratched one of my 06 TL's alloy wheels the first week I bought the car. I was going into a Carl's Jr. drive through that was pretty narrow. It was only 1 inch long and barley noticable but just knowing that it was there buged me so I went to 4 different tire shops and the cheapest repair quote I got was $80 so I went ahead and had it fixed.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Racer

After reading some the posts in this thread, I sit back and smile at the games people play on each other. I mean honestly, both you and your wife know each other's "hot buttons" to push.

I just wonder if in some of these posts I read, the wife is getting back at the husband by doing little things that drives him nuts in a bad way.

It is about respecting each other's stuff. The guys have stuff they consider "theirs" and take care of those items. Women have stuff they consider "theirs" and take care of those items.

It is one thing to have the wife curb the rims and sincerely apologize for ruining the rims on "his" car. It is disrespectful to have the wife pass it off as just part of life when she knows how much you take care of the car. Your wife would not like if you deliberately or not ruin something that she takes care and pride in without you apologizing.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Boondocks fanatic.....

My wife had her shot. Found a coke stain in the middle console and she got banned quickly from driving the TL on a regular basis. I didn't spend over $30 grand to have her screw MY car up. So she now she only drives it once in a blue moon.......and even then I get nervous and give the car a once over when she gets home. No second or third chances here.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:41 AM
The Flipster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get her one of these.

http://www.army-technology.com/proje...s/abrams2.html
Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Advanced

yesterday my wife took first drive of our TL, it's supposed to be her car but I have been driving it for the break-in period. she was mad that I didn't let her drive, so just took the car and said she knew how to drive. she later called me complaining that she had to push the gas pedal hard to keep the car moving and the engine was noisy. I thought she might forget releasing parking brake, but later realized that she put gear to M... likely she used 2nd gear for all the 25 miles drive, including some freeway.

the car now has 515 miles, and she's saying she doesn't like it and wants to change to a civic.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Banned

Go buy her a $500 shitbox and let her do what she wants. Kick her out of the TL, period.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Racer

Wow. I guess I am not the only one with problems related to the wife being careless with the car.

I wonder if she would be mad if I took one of her Louie Vuitton purses and 'curbed' it against the concrete causing scrapes and gouges across the leather? Ha ha. Nice thought but I would never do it because I respect her stuff and that would be on purpose and not an 'accident'. But it brought a smile to my face.
Funny thing is that she would go ballistic... Hmmm. Double standard. She curbs my car and says 'what's done is done' but if I mess her prized stuff up she would flip out...... I guess it is just a lack of respect for me and my stuff......
Old 05-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Pro

Thats another reason why I bought the mt version, cuz no one else in my family knows how to drive one!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:02 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Nandito28
Thats another reason why I bought the mt version, cuz no one else in my family knows how to drive one!
Same here !!!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

^^hahahahaaha
at least your friends wont want to borrow your car
Old 08-08-2006, 05:54 PM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...prddisplay.jsp

The other rim posting from thepartsbin.com is for a "reproduction" wheel... not factory original. This one appears to be original. You need only item 15, and can have the TPMS sensor moved from the damaged wheel during the switch.

Go to an ALIGNMENT shop for a new alignment. They should charge you no more than about $70. I'm guessing that the TL has the typical "front only" adjustments for most settings, and requires less than an hour to align properly.

And, $200-$225 (more, with shipping?) is what it will likely cost you for the new sneaker.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

HA! I went through this with my wife during my Integra days:

Integra w NEW 17 inch TSW Hockeheims + Wifey+pothole= two bent rims!!!!

This took place over 8 years ago, wifey hasnt driven my A Ride since!!!

Replace whats effed up and move on!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Racer

Who payed for the car? Honestly if you payed for it I wouldn't let her drive it again until she can respect your property.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:04 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by davenlei
Wow. I guess I am not the only one with problems related to the wife being careless with the car.

I wonder if she would be mad if I took one of her Louie Vuitton purses and 'curbed' it against the concrete causing scrapes and gouges across the leather? Ha ha. Nice thought but I would never do it because I respect her stuff and that would be on purpose and not an 'accident'. But it brought a smile to my face.
Funny thing is that she would go ballistic... Hmmm. Double standard. She curbs my car and says 'what's done is done' but if I mess her prized stuff up she would flip out...... I guess it is just a lack of respect for me and my stuff......
LOL I keep this bad visual of when cars used to have curb feelers!!!! Mount a twist tie (as a curb feeler) on her Louie Vuitton purse if it ever gets scrapes and gouges! hahahahaha
Old 08-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow! Are you guys aware this thread is 3 months old?!
Old 08-09-2006, 06:33 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Well, here we go.

One week after I bought my new TL, the wife spilt milk on the seat and hardened the leather....

One month after I bought the car, my wife was rear ended (not her fault).

Five months after I bought the car (today with 3000 miles), my wife hit the curb and scraped/gouged/dented the rim and popped the tire.

She was going 15-20 mph and turned a corner and sideswiped/glance hit the curb. She scraped 40% of the lip of the rim and put a nice gouge in the lip and put a nice hole in the side wall of the tire. By the way, this is the rear passenger rim/tire.

So what is this going to cost me?

Rim repair/replacement cost?
Michelin oem tire replacement cost?
rear alignment cost?

Do you think there was any suspension damage?
Does she have her own email address?

Send her this link !
http://www.the-joke-shop.com/extras/extra10/youare.asp
Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Intermediate

my wife has never sat her butt in my............................. recliner..... but has driven my TL.... HOWEVER, I still have my recliner untainted!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Racer

I was shocked when I saw this thread get resurrected.

Everything has been fixed and the car is as good as new. Also everything is good with the wifey. She is much more careful now after this incident...

Everything is now good except for one rattle I am looking for now.

Shhhhh. Be verwy verwy quiet... I'm hunting rwattles...
Old 08-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you need this...

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../bitchslap.jpg
Old 08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
9th Gear

Yea, I would love to tell her that she is banned from the car but she will bitch and whine about it and start the 'I want to trade my car in so I can have a new car' whine.

If she wants a new car she can take good care of the car she has. If the one she has is beyond any hope for her to really take pride, no new cars until the old one is 8+ years old (not hard to do if you actually take care of it and enforce some rules with the kids). And when the new one comes....again no new cars until the old one is 8+ years old. If the car doesn't last 8+ years (becomes too costly/unsafe), replace with a thrasher.

I had my 96 Integra GS-R for 10 years and still kinda miss it (got my TL in March). It was in great condition with 150k miles. When our 2nd child was born my wife got an Odysee, which she will live with for 8+ years, regardless of how much food she lets the kids spill in it. She has the choice of driving a garbage can, or a really nice minivan.

The kids now remind HER that there is no eating allowed in the TL. I'm so proud!!
Old 08-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Advanced

It looks like she hit the curb (nice dent/gouge in the rim about 1 inch across and a 1/8" deep) and then kept going which scraped 40% of the lip of the rim.

I know it is just a car but I waited a long time to get it and she knows I have been wanting this car for years. I am more pissed off that she has no respect for the stuff we own. She treats everything like it is disposable. Almost every dent/ding in her car was caused by her because she does not pay attention to stuff she does. She is not stupid, she is actually very smart but she either just does not care or has no ability to take care of anything.
She is always so amazed at how I keep my stuff in such great condition. My thinking is if I bought it, I should have the responsibility to take care of it. Her thinking is, whenit looks worn out, buy another.
An example is our ipods. We both have our own. I looked at them 3 months after we bought them and mine still looks brand new and has no scratches. Hers looks like it is 3 years old. It is scratched, gouged, dented and has makeup crap caked on it.
I really do not want to ban her from driving the TL because I truly feel like it is 'our' car and we should both enjoy it but how can I enjoy it if she is trashing it when she drives it. She has no respect for how I feel about the need to take care of what we have. For example. There is a no messy food rule (which she agreed to) for the TL but I see a lot of crumbs on the seat at least once a week.

Sorry for the rant but this latest incident just happened and I am still pissed off because the turn in that she hit is very tight and no normal person would go more than 10mph throught it.
I'm in the same situation but still waiting for her first slip up. She did put a dimple in the lower door panel that she swears she didn't do but today I saw her close the door with her purse in between the door and her and I said see. that's how you did it!!
She still denied it!! haahaa, still love her though if she's listening
Old 08-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Instructor

you and your wife = true love. i admire you dude. i could never stay with a woman who was out to get me.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Talking

this thread is a great example of why people should buy their wife/girlfriend's Mazda 626 like i did.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear

Exclamation My wife was upset.

I bought a stick shift just for every reason above.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:08 PM
Advanced

I dont know what is wrong with chicks..... Take care of everything that belongs to them (or replaces it) but cars dont make it on the list for taking care of.... WOW
Old 01-20-2007, 12:26 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I always say to my wife with one word NO
Old 01-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
At least my wife only curbed one rim, and it was minor... My coworker on the other hand... He managed to curb all 4 rims on his TL. And his curb rashes... Go the entire circumference of the rim, on all 4 wheels.....

(Remind me to never let him borrow any of my cars)
Old 01-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,004 Likes on 1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
At least my wife only curbed one rim, and it was minor... My coworker on the other hand... He managed to curb all 4 rims on his TL. And his curb rashes... Go the entire circumference of the rim, on all 4 wheels.....

(Remind me to never let him borrow any of my cars)
sounds like someone familiar.... I'd be pissed at my TL if it got messed up. I'm a bit OCD and i love to be ridin in the cleanest car
Old 01-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
I make my wife take off her (engagement) ring so she doesn't scratch up anything while driving it. The thing kind of sticks out a bit and she's always making scratches in things with it...so the ring is off while she drives! She only drives it when I'm out of town on business, so I don't really have to worry about it too much.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i am a very young TLS owner, i busted my butt to purchase this vehicle and am horrified at the very thought of this happening to me...that being said i think this post changed my mind about getting married

as for your wife changing, i think your
Old 12-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe5193
i am a very young TLS owner, i busted my butt to purchase this vehicle and am horrified at the very thought of this happening to me...that being said i think this post changed my mind about getting married

as for your wife changing, i think your
Your posting in a 4 year old thread. This occurred when you were 14.
The following 2 users liked this post by vietxquangstah:
CLtotheTL32 (12-31-2011), xander569 (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe5193
... i think your
Beating your wife is illegal!

Quick Reply: My Wife Is An Idiot!!!