3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My TL (04 6MT NBP) VS SRT4 (Lightly Modded)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My TL (04 6MT NBP) VS SRT4 (Lightly Modded)

going home from work i see this SRT4 for the second day. (first day i we didnt get a chance to run) and yup we ran!!!

DETAILS!!!
this is in ANAHEIM we are trying to get nest to each other for a while i finally get next to him and nobody steps on it. after a couple seconds he steps on it and as soon as i hear his engine i floor it (i started in second at 40mph). it was dead even! we stop at the next light and the guys pretty chill. i said "nice car, turbo huh?" he replied "its got more than that" he revs, at the light. that shits loud. i can see gauges in inside. maybe he had bolt ons. My car, yup i got something too!!! REMOVED MID MUFFLER hahaha!!! major mod huh we cant go from a stop because on the other side theres a huge crack on the road so i tell him after the crack from a 40mph roll again. he says ok. we start up again (i start second gear again) i shift to third and were even. it wasnt till the end of third that im 1/2 car ahead. if that. the i heard his BOV twice!!! it was loud too!!! the outcome was what i expected. i consider myself a good driver. i do a lot of racing (street racing) its just so addicting! i was a little worried when he said "its got more than that" but i got him... after the race he went his way. i see him know and then. hes kool!first time i race an SRT4. the only think i liked about his car is the fact that its TURBO Wish i could hear a BOV out of my car
Old 07-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
nice run!
auto or manual?
and be safe!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm glad you noticed the crack on the road and decided to go after it, knowing the environment makes you a better driver.

Nice run by the way, everyone on these forums are scared of SRT-4s but they're not that quick, and they're still FWD.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 07tlsWDP
nice run!
auto or manual?
and be safe!

My TL (04 6MT NBP)

good run im kinda tired of SRT trying to race every car they pull up against... at least its like that here in CT sometimes i just want to cruise
Old 07-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thcmagik
My TL (04 6MT NBP)

good run im kinda tired of SRT trying to race every car they pull up against... at least its like that here in CT sometimes i just want to cruise
oh whoopss...should have read the title there haha
Old 07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by adrian_04tl
going home from work i see this SRT4 for the second day. (first day i we didnt get a chance to run) and yup we ran!!!

DETAILS!!!
this is in ANAHEIM we are trying to get nest to each other for a while i finally get next to him and nobody steps on it. after a couple seconds he steps on it and as soon as i hear his engine i floor it (i started in second at 40mph). it was dead even! we stop at the next light and the guys pretty chill. i said "nice car, turbo huh?" he replied "its got more than that" he revs, at the light. that shits loud. i can see gauges in inside. maybe he had bolt ons. My car, yup i got something too!!! REMOVED MID MUFFLER hahaha!!! major mod huh we cant go from a stop because on the other side theres a huge crack on the road so i tell him after the crack from a 40mph roll again. he says ok. we start up again (i start second gear again) i shift to third and were even. it wasnt till the end of third that im 1/2 car ahead. if that. the i heard his BOV twice!!! it was loud too!!! the outcome was what i expected. i consider myself a good driver. i do a lot of racing (street racing) its just so addicting! i was a little worried when he said "its got more than that" but i got him... after the race he went his way. i see him know and then. hes kool!first time i race an SRT4. the only think i liked about his car is the fact that its TURBO Wish i could hear a BOV out of my car
Three words: Proud of You.

Very good.

Excellent..

Pat you on the back..

Props to you for OWNING the 6MT version and props for good driving.

Those SRT4's are quick....

Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07tlsWDP
nice run!
auto or manual?
and be safe!
The AUTO tranny version of the TL wouldn't have kept up with the SRT-4. I have driven plenty of AUTO version and my previous car TL 6MT. The 6MT is way faster than the Auto TL. The faster you go the faster the 6MT version gets.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Eoanou
I'm glad you noticed the crack on the road and decided to go after it, knowing the environment makes you a better driver.

Nice run by the way, everyone on these forums are scared of SRT-4s but they're not that quick, and they're still FWD.

SRT4s are quick but nothing to be scared of... ill pretty much race anyone who wants to run. it did keep up better than a previous 02-04 mustang GT ive raced.