My test drive of 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003 | 11:52 AM
Pro

Smile My test drive of 6MT

Last night I stopped by to test drive a 6MT. Here are my quick points, most have been said before....

> In one word WOW......

> It took me 10 minutes to get to view all of the various buttons in the car. I like the dash a lot. I am not interested in Nav, but it is very good. Just need to learn it before you get going or you will be spending a lot of time trying to input stuff into it.

> I did have the problems with the clutch in first and second. Fixed it with a bit more revs. The problem in second (where you get some jerking) seems to be that I was reving high in first and the revs did not match when I shifted. Practice will fix this.

> The shifter is great. Never had a problem knowing where I was.

> This car is deceptively fast. I did 60 in second and it did not feel like I was moving that fast. When I accelerate in my Formula, you KNOW you are going fast.

> You can do 60 in 4th, 5th or 6th without any problem. Just have to decide what RPM you want to use.

> The steering boost is too high, but not so much that I do not like the car. This is NOT a sports car feel, but a luxury sedan feel.

> The lights are great!! I kept trying to turn them down thinking the highs were on. They were not. The fog lights did not do much to improve the view. Just a very small increase in light close to the car. Can these be rewired to come on without the mains??

> Brakes were great, but did not do any emergency stops.

Did not get to drive as long as I would have liked as the guy calls back to the dealership telling them not to close the gate as he was out on a test drive!! Seemed it was closing time when we went out!! Also, no pressure to buy now!!

This will be in my garage sometime next year....