Old 10-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Review of 04 TL Interior/Exterior

Last night I went to an Acura dealer in Portland, Oregon
who has 6 04 Tl's in stock. The interior is at least 2 notches
higher in grade than the previous version and puts it
in same league at BMW, Saab, and Audi cars. The materials
are of very high quality and the driving position is very, very good as well. My wife was very impressed (lots of child seat anchors, good for the spousal factor) with the interior quality. Obviously Acura stole some ideas from BMW (aluminum trim) and Lexus GS 300/430 series (rpm,speedometer,info gauges have that deep recessed look) and it all works very well. I sat in camel interior and when I buy one this is the color interior I want as it is very warm and the aluminum, wood, camel colors blend very nicely. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a 9. The exterior is good looking (not a homerun) but definately very handsome (an 8). I like the black. I did see a deep blue and it is very nice as well. As far as back seat room it is very good. I sat in the back while the front seat was pressed pretty far back (I am 6'1'') and there was good room still for me in back. I would give it an 8.

I am going to test drive on Sunday and I will post my review.

Based on what I have seen the interior is as good as any car I have been in and definately puts the G35 to shame. The price is a little high (34K after dealer negotiations) but worth it in my opinion as I am a Honda guy.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:43 PM
6th Gear

Alhamra, CA

They had only four with a total of six due for October. All AT and no NAV. Does that sound right, only six for the entire month?

Salesperson said they wouldn't be marking them up over msrp, but would include $600 in forced assessories, such as wheel locks, mud flaps, etc. Dunno, sounds reasonable enough.

Can't test drive until October 6. Said they had four deposits but I could put a deposit down on one of the other two. I was tempted because I figured that I should be able to get my deposit back if I didn't like after test drive since they wouldn't have any trouble selling to someone else.

They had two anthracite, one silver, and one white. All looked nice inside and out, except the white which had camel (I think) interior. The camel interior clashed IMO - the top portion of the dash and the console were ebony, but the lower part of the dash, side doors, etc. were camel. The clashing of colors weren't complimentary IMO.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Alhamra, CA

Originally posted by starbucks

They had two anthracite, one silver, and one white. All looked nice inside and out, except the white which had camel (I think) interior.
If it was white, that was the parchment interior. The camel is more reddish-brown whereas the parchment is light beige. Both interiors, plus the quartz, have the ebony two toned trim on the top of the dash and doors too.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Cruisin'

Re: Alhamra, CA-sounds wierd

Originally posted by starbucks
They had only four with a total of six due for October. All AT and no NAV. Does that sound right, only six for the entire month?

Salesperson said they wouldn't be marking them up over msrp, but would include $600 in forced assessories, such as wheel locks, mud flaps, etc. Dunno, sounds reasonable enough.
Sounds like a very small allotment or a sales tactic. If they are adding $600 in forced options, I would guess it is just a sales tactic. I consider adding forced options as stupid as marking them up over MSRP with a "market adjustment" because you are forced to pay extra for basically nothing. There should be pleanty of dealers in your area who don't play those games.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
What a ripoff, starbucks. I'd go to another dealer.