Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My pride has been restored!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My pride has been restored!!

So, I had an accident almost 6 months ago. Somebody backed up into my 2005 Acura TL. They opened a hole in the right side of my rear bumper cover and cracked the driver side stop light. Mind you the stop light worked fine after the accident. Fast forward to last week, and my blinkers (turn lights) stop working. I take it to the dealership and the service rep tells me it's a bad relay that needs to be replaced. $260 and it's on me because it shorted probably due to the accident. I said "No F'ing way, it's been 6 months and the tail light doesn't even take in water with the crack it has". We argued for a long time and the SOB wouldn't budge. I said "OK, I will contacting Acura about this and this is not the last you have heard from me". Well, a day later somebody from the dealership calls me and asks me about taking a survey about their quality of service. I smirked and released a barrage of insults about the experience I had with the idiot service rep. She proceeds to tell me that her boss will contact me later on. 1 hour later, the Service Manager calls me and apologizes for the service rep, and that they don't want to lose my business, yadi yadi yada and let's me know he will be reimbursing the full $260 they charged me for the incident. Even though I lost a few hairs from the episode, I felt vindicated and my pride felt restored, because to be honest I felt I wasn't agressive enough with the service rep originally. Somehow I was caught off guard and my balls were not in the right place when he told me I had to pay for it.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Opium den in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done haha. I feel like nowadays youll never get anything accomplished by just talking to the boss anywhere, you need to say a few words to his boss and that gets the chains moving.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Racer

Old 10-12-2006, 09:25 AM
Instructor

i wonder what happens to the offending idiots?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
I say you got lucky with speaking with someone who actually CARED about someone else's problem. They did the right thing in the long run. But the service rep should have spoken to his boss to begin with when a customer has a dispute. It shouldn't be a this what I'm telling you and take it situation.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
his boss is fine with it, becasue the boss doesn't want reps giving away freebees, he'd rather reserve that power. Good shit tho. I usually get some minor service and ask them to check it out.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
his boss is fine with it, becasue the boss doesn't want reps giving away freebees, he'd rather reserve that power. Good shit tho. I usually get some minor service and ask them to check it out.

You know what this situation reminds of? a book by John Grisham where the insurance company is deliberately denying claims, knowing only a few customers will have the guts to litigate. Even though they pay more for the litigated claims, in the end they were coming out ahead than if they had settled the claims accordingly.