Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Nightmare...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Nightmare...

Hi All, first, I apologize for having to create another account but I forgot the password to my other account and the forgot password feature does not work (I think admins should take a look at that!) My original name is Zigma.

TO make a long story short, I have an 04 TL with 51,000 miles. At around 48,500 miles, I noticed a whooooing noise coming from front right side of the car. Thinking it was the tires, I purchased good new tires and a new rim (Stock rim, I had one warped/bent) and the noise continued. I have an extended warranty on my TL which expires around 90,000 miles.

I went ahead and gave them a call and they gave me a few choises on which shop to take it to. I took the one closest to my House. Since day one, they've screwed up but I've been patient. They replaced my wheel bearings on both sides and in the process screwed up my ABS systems. In the process of this, they screwed up the driver side ABS Sensor and it had to be replaced.

They got the sensor 2 months later and my ABS/VSA lights were still on. It turned out the wheel bearings were the wrong ones so the ABS was unable to read how fast the car was going. They replaced that and then screwed up the passanger side ABS Sensor!! OMG! They went ahead and fixed it but NOW... my VSA is NOT working. Both lights stay on.

What could they have possibly done?! They are aware of the situation. They said to drive it and see if it shuts off because they reset the computer. I told them look, I'm not a mechanic, I'm a computer nerd working at a university as an analyst but I sure as hell know my car and I can tell you right now that if that light is staying on, its because something is screwed up. There is more to it and at one point, I got offended because they said I wasn't being flexible because I can't leave the car overnight.

I told them I came here to get a simple job done and you guys end up screwing things up, you're telling me I'm not flexible, you guys caused so much damage to my car from something that should have only taken 3 hours max. ARGH, I'm so angry right now I don't even want to continue talking about it.

Anyway, my VSA is screwed up, I STILL hear the wollowing and NOW, jesus oh mighty help me, everytime I apply break, I hear a screeching noise! It can't be the Break Pads because I just got them in April. it sounds more like something trying to squeeze into something else.

I am going to call the Extended Warranty company tomorrow and tell them whats up, Hopefully they can approve an appointment with an Acura Dealer and provide me a car.

I apologize for going on and on but I just had to vent... I'm worried about my car and it's only got 50k on it
Old 11-12-2008, 11:05 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The best thing would have been to take it to an Acura dealer. If they started working on it before the warranty expired, and still have not fixed it, they should be able to resolve the issue for you.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Dayum, what a run around. Hope the Acura dealership can resolve this for you. Keep us posted. Always helps to rant.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:27 AM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

I don't let anyone besides the dealership or my certified Honda/Acura only shop touch my car. The dealership should be able to get it fixed for you and get you a loaner in the meantime so you can leave it overnight.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Racer

The reason why I did not take it to the dealership is because my extended warranty is not like that which I regret and I wish I knew about it. They cover close to bumper to bumper and I take it to any mechanic I choose besides a dealer. Think of it like PPO and Dental. Why do you think the VSA is failing? Did they screw up the sensor?
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
wow, that sucks, I agree with everyone else tho - it needs to be be seen by a acura/Honda tech. Since we are referring to this in medical terms if your car was a foot it would need to go to a Podiatrist, not a dermotologist...get it? LOL
serious though if you cant take it to acura or honda try giving some shops a call in your area and ask them if they have a tech that is experienced with hondas or acuras, that is what I would do! Good Luck
Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
wow, that sucks, I agree with everyone else tho - it needs to be be seen by a acura/Honda tech. Since we are referring to this in medical terms if your car was a foot it would need to go to a Podiatrist, not a dermotologist...get it? LOL
serious though if you cant take it to acura or honda try giving some shops a call in your area and ask them if they have a tech that is experienced with hondas or acuras, that is what I would do! Good Luck

Thats a good idea, does anyone recommend anyone here in NYC?