3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my FIRST race in my type-s (car finally hit over 600 miles)

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang, I love the g35's.. but ever since I got my TL-S.. i say.. F THE G! Everytime i bump into one they try to start something. Anyways.. comment to this,

"my fiance says that i need to grow up. i think i need some hp mods, any suggestions?"
I think that's hilarious, i agree that g35 was asking for it. Girls just don't understand pride.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
^ I'd go for the Aem intake, then the underdrive pulley.. What part of the city are you in? I'd love to do some runs with you!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:44 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
pride...damn..that's the word!
Old 05-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
^ I'd go for the Aem intake, then the underdrive pulley.. What part of the city are you in? I'd love to do some runs with you!
me? haha i'm located in sunset. But I attend school in Santa Cruz, usually back on the weekends.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Agreed. I agree with everything Costco said except for that quote.

AWD is great to a point for drag racing. Many factory AWD cars start converting to RWD at the 9-10 second range. I've got my RWD car set up good enough that on the street I can launch as good or better than an AWD and at the track it gets worse. AWD is a little more foolproof and it's easier for a novice driver to get a good lanch. On a higher powered RWD car, if you over do it, you're just going to go up in smoke.
Interesting, didn't know that bolded part either. What I don't understand is that it gets worse at the track? Or do you run your slicks on the street?

Originally Posted by Ken240sx
How do you figure that AWD rules drag?
As far as I'm aware the fastest drag times are all put down by RWD vehicles.
AWD looses a tremendous amount of power to the wheels and is harder to launch.
AWD is perfect for rally, a moderate drag car, and a great street car imo.
From a roll, does it really matter how many wheels are spinning? As long as you have traction it comes down to weight and power to the wheels.

Forgot.... simply overlooked the Top Fuel dragsters and funny cars. Not many AWD cars there, or on the salt flats. Not sure what I was thinking, I guess I was only narrowing it down to the realm of my experience so far with AWD cars. I've never actually launched an AWD car (hard launch, with the intent of racing) because I've never owned one, and usually don't street race. But from what I've seen on the street, Evos, STis and the sort usually end up half a car ahead right after launch compared to similarly powered cars.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Interesting, didn't know that bolded part either. What I don't understand is that it gets worse at the track? Or do you run your slicks on the street?

Forgot.... simply overlooked the Top Fuel dragsters and funny cars. Not many AWD cars there, or on the salt flats. Not sure what I was thinking, I guess I was only narrowing it down to the realm of my experience so far with AWD cars. I've never actually launched an AWD car (hard launch, with the intent of racing) because I've never owned one, and usually don't street race. But from what I've seen on the street, Evos, STis and the sort usually end up half a car ahead right after launch compared to similarly powered cars.
I usually run my Hoosier Quick Time Pros on the street. Basically a wrinkle wall slick with two grooves cut in them to make them legal. While they bite pretty good on the street, any tire like that, even a drag radial hooks much better on a track prepped surface.

Even on drag radials, I've raced a couple of the faster AWD DSMs and an EVO around town and at the worst I launch even with them. There's always a chance I haven't run into one with a good driver. I had a friend with a heavily modded S4 on drag radials. Never got a chance to try that one out.