Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Accident *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My First Accident *pics*

uch....i hate people, as im pulling out school, there is a cheap shitty subaru in front of me. and because our street gets busy, they need to have a cop directing traffic, but naturally...the lazy motherfucker isn't there. so we fend for ourselves trying to come out of the parking lot onto the main road. inching up closer and closer to the main road, the subaru goes for an opening so i press on the gas not paying attention trying to see if there are cars coming but the school sign is obstructing my view so keep inching up and up and up. and then it happens...BAM....i smash into the subaru because the asshole stops short half way into the middle of the road.....i am thinking....oh my god oh my god....cause i saw i broke the fuckers tail light, he gets out hes like...you broke my fucking tail light, so then the COP shows up....just my luck right? so now everything needs to be processed through insurance and a police report needs to be filed, blah blah blah...thank god no tickets or points were involved on my license....but anyways....the cop tells us to pull into the parking lot so he can write things up etc....i get out of my car....im thinking okay maybe i just have a dent in my bumper, i get out and i see this.....

i was shocked, too see that a roll into a car could do so much damage to the front, apparently the whole front side of the car needs to be replaced and the frame might be bent, nobody was hurt everybody ended out fine.....i was wondering how much this might cost to fix. because i just hate people, its my fault because i wasn't paying attention but i hate assholes who do stupid shit like try and cut people off while turning onto main roads.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Old 02-20-2005, 12:43 PM
professional TL driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doubt the frame is bent looks like a small hit.... the only reason their is so much damage is that it was in one place... if the hit was in the middle of the bumper it wouldnt have been so bad. but as it was on the corner it cracked the bumper....

if you look the headlight is fine, the hood/fender alignment is still correct. as is the headlight/fender alignment, and even the undameged portion of the bumper is correctly aligned... a new bumper cover and internal foam should be all you need... 1k at the very most, most people here have gotten a new bumper painted for $750 or so...
Old 02-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

the whole lower a-spec bumper is scratched tho, so that needs to be replaced aswell...and not to mention the labor costs....id really RATHER not be in the position right now. like i feel like when i stepped out of my car, and saw what happened compared to the other car, i feel like i was driving a tin can because such small force did so much damage. the pics can't even capture what it looks like, ill try and take more to show all the dinks
Old 02-20-2005, 12:57 PM
professional TL driver

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
the whole lower a-spec bumper is scratched tho, so that needs to be replaced aswell...and not to mention the labor costs....id really RATHER not be in the position right now. like i feel like when i stepped out of my car, and saw what happened compared to the other car, i feel like i was driving a tin can because such small force did so much damage. the pics can't even capture what it looks like, ill try and take more to show all the dinks
i see the aspec lip is scratched... and although that will increase the cost again it wont break the bank, the can probably even fix it....... it doesnt look that bad....

what you have to realize is plastic can only bend so far before it breaks... where did you hit the subi? i bet in the middle of the bumper (or at least not on the corner) your car took the hit right on the corner, the plastic started to bend, bust it couldnt becasue of the fastners on the side so the cover cracked but it still isnt that bad...

the rest looks fine all the other alignments look correct.... but please post additional pics so i can look
Old 02-20-2005, 05:59 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ONAGER is right,
The contact point is above what I would call the significant structure of the bumper. If you would have hit him with say the front license plate area all you would of had was some good scratches. I by no means am minimizing your mishap - anyone that cares about their vehicle would be sick and pi$$ed off at thyself and/or those at fault.
My bet is you will be quite happy, all that is really damaged (from what we can tell from the photo) is the bumper cover and spoiler. Sucks but I bet it was also a learning experience.

Should be good as new in 2-3 weeks.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Instructor

Not a terrible accident, can be fixed right back up to new easy. I'm glad everyone is fine and that your airbag didn't deploy too!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro

uch....i hate people, as im pulling out school, there is a cheap shitty subaru in front of me. and because our street gets busy, they need to have a cop directing traffic, but naturally...the lazy motherfucker isn't there. so we fend for ourselves trying to come out of the parking lot onto the main road. inching up closer and closer to the main road, the subaru goes for an opening so i press on the gas not paying attention trying to see if there are cars coming but the school sign is obstructing my view so keep inching up and up and up. and then it happens...BAM....i smash into the subaru because the asshole stops short half way into the middle of the road.....i am thinking....oh my god oh my god....cause i saw i broke the fuckers tail light, he gets out hes like...you broke my fucking tail light, so then the COP shows up....just my luck right? so now everything needs to be processed through insurance and a police report needs to be filed, blah blah blah...thank god no tickets or points were involved on my license....but anyways....the cop tells us to pull into the parking lot so he can write things up etc....i get out of my car....im thinking okay maybe i just have a dent in my bumper, i get out and i see this.....

i was shocked, too see that a roll into a car could do so much damage to the front, apparently the whole front side of the car needs to be replaced and the frame might be bent, nobody was hurt everybody ended out fine.....i was wondering how much this might cost to fix. because i just hate people, its my fault because i wasn't paying attention but i hate assholes who do stupid shit like try and cut people off while turning onto main roads.
Hmm, you hit him from behind, and he's the idiot? Oh no wait I'm sorry, it was the lazy motherfucker's fault.

Like everyone else said, the impact was in a small concentrated area, which allows less dispersment of the energy across the entire bumper. Maybe next time you will pay a little more attention to whats ahead of you. In front of a school too, lol.

Good luck with the repairs
Old 02-20-2005, 08:11 PM
Pro

Oh, and it shouldn't have to go through insurance if you and the Subaru agree on something. A police report doesn't mean that DMV or insurance companies are notified, unless the laws are different in NJ then they are in NY. Which is entirely possible. It looks like your repairs will be expensive though so you might want to go through your insurance if you don't have the $. Maybe get your parents to pay for it, it's probably their car anyway, right?
Old 02-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i know i was at fault, but the moron in front of me, stepped on the gas and tried to make the turn fast but then the front of his car was blocking half of the road and he didn't make it so he stopped short and im inching up thinking that he went and then i rolled right into him, i know im at fault, i rear ended him, but really the thought that there are assholes like that, and he gets angry about a broken tail light where the front of my car is fucked up. the light works, just the cover broke....ERRRRRR
Old 02-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Dr. Feelgood

i know i was at fault, but the moron in front of me, stepped on the gas and tried to make the turn fast but then the front of his car was blocking half of the road and he didn't make it so he stopped short and im inching up thinking that he went and then i rolled right into him, i know im at fault, i rear ended him, but really the thought that there are assholes like that, and he gets angry about a broken tail light where the front of my car is fucked up. the light works, just the cover broke....ERRRRRR
don't feel bad, the same thing happened to me a few years back.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Racer

Definitely no frame damage! From the pic, the scratch on the A-Spec lip does not look like it was from this accident, but problably from a prior curb incident? Therefore, you may choose to fix it while you are having this done, but don't consider the lip an expense of this accident.

Keeping in mind that labor rates will change from city to city and I don't have the A-Spec front lip...

But I just bumped a car (I was spacing out)and the guy had a trailer hitch. He put a square hole in my bumper and just like in your pic, I only needed to replace my bumper cover. $730 drive out. My accident was only 10 days ago and it was already fixed. I dropped it off this past Tuesday morn and picked it up Wednesday afternoon. It looks perfect and I have a really good / critical eye. They matched the paint perfectly and did not have to blend the paint into other panels.

Pay for this repair out of your pocket. Insurance companies care more about the frequency of accidents than they do the severity. The $730 repair will cost you far more in the long run if you go through insurance.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:45 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i know....i wanted to do things that way, but the police officer had pulled up literally a minute after the accident had happened so he had to write up a police report so now everything has to go through insurance
Old 02-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

i know....i wanted to do things that way, but the police officer had pulled up literally a minute after the accident had happened so he had to write up a police report so now everything has to go through insurance
like the member said above, depending on your state laws you only go through insurance if you guys agree to go through insurance. if i were the other guy, i'd just want you to pay me some cash for the broken tailight assembly and get it fixed myself. so he'd probably agree with you if you wanted to not go through insurance.

anyway, that sucks. i know how it feels but no matter what the fault still falls to the person who is behind.... that's just how it works :P
Old 02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not sorry, but this is why teenagers need to drive beaters.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:57 AM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

Originally Posted by VelfarreClubber
Im not sorry, but this is why teenagers need to drive beaters.

I'm sry, but i have to disagree with u..i mean shyt when i was in high school i had a 90 astro van that topped out at 45 MPH only had second gear, but i mean if the kid has it like that y not..i wish my parents were rich enough 4-5 years ago to get me a nice car, mind you i live in mahopac NY which is a pretty wealthy nieghborhood n i had the shitt'est car in town, but shyt i know if my father had 30 grand to waste on my first car he woulda got me it..but intead he gave me a van that was a hunk of shyt, some of us just have it that way, the only thing me n you can do is work our asses off n get something nice...and in the long run you'll be glad you didnt have it like these rich folks.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Is there a Subaru website/Forum like this? Cuz I bet there is some guy on there right now saying - "some snot-nosed punk, just learning to drive his fancy car smashed into my ass end."

Sorry you took so much damage - regardless of age, type of car, etc. still sucks when ya gotta go get your car fixed.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
THank GOD you do agree that it is your fault!!! From you first post I thought you were trying to PIN the accident totally to the other guy...sorry to break you the news but the other person could have a subaru or a KIA for that matter if you ram him from the the back and break his tail light ofcourse he is going to think of HIS cas, he would not and actually SHOULD not give a shit whether you drive a TL or a Benz!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow

Is it that there are so mnay more tls out there now from 4 years ago or are tl drivers getting more than their share of accidents???
Old 02-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That type accident is a prime example of inexperience behind the wheel and why teenagers have high insurance rates. Experience will teach you to always expect the unexpected when pulling out in traffic. Keep your vehicle under control at all times...you can't depend on the car in front to keep going...and slamming into him from the rear just shows that you weren't thinking. I'm not trying to criticize...it's just something you'll learn as you gain experience as a driver. Always make sure you have the distance between you to stop your car in the event the other driver decides to stop suddenly....think before you move and learn to judge how much space you need to keep between the car ahead so you always have a "maneuvering room" to get around another car or stop your car. As you get more experience...that "space" will shrink..but for now...give yourself plenty of room to maneuver.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

i know there are plenty of you who hate the fact that kids my age drive nice cars and if you went to my school you'd think my car was a bucket of shit. but regardless, i just want to get across that im not blaming the accident on the person, im blaming it on nobody other than me, it was a rear ender on my part, the first post was just me venting cause i was so pissed and generally i consider myself a good driver, and i was just pissed at myself. but to lighten the topic for all of you old folks who feel kids need responsiblity my mom is making me pay for what damage insurance dosn't cover and i pay for my insurance either way and i pay for gas, so i don't want you to think that im a spoiled little bratt, this car was a farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr fetched gift from my mom (thats what good grades will do for ya) thanks for all of your help...ill post more pics when i get a chance...

and to add to what onager said earlier....the A-Spec lip in the front was scratched from the other car because we were going up a hill coming out of school, so his car got the lower end of mine...
Old 02-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Team Nighthawk Member

your frame doesnt look bent its only a dent... good thing everyone was find..... i think all it needs is a replacement of the front bumper... look on the bright side you can get ronjon body kit or aftermarkets lol and another one your headlights are find they cost alot also...
Old 02-21-2005, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
there's no frame at impact point
Old 02-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Intermediate

Do you think the "idiot" stopped short because he wanted to avoid an accident? Your're right about one thing, looks like a lot of damage for just inching up?
Old 02-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

the idiot stopped short because he tried to cut off someone when he was making the turn but his timing was bad so he stopped short halfway in the road, and both cars stopped and im inching up because i thought he went....

Old 02-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Racer

Sorry for the accident. This can happen to anybody, any age. I've almost done it a couple of times. A car is stopped in front of you, and when they start moving you look down the road to see is anything is coming, then look up an they've stopped in front of you.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
USMC Butterbars

maybe it's just me, but I think the kid you hit had every damn right to come out the car pissed as hell that YOU hit him. Think about it. What if someone rear ended you, wouldn't you be pissed as hell? By constantly referring to the other kid you hit as a 'moron' or 'idiot' only furthers your lack of maturity. It's your fault, take up responsibility. As for NJ laws, I believe once there is a police report, insurance companies must get involved.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

i am taking up responsibility, read the posts. i am not whining, im merely showing you what happened. the person in front of me was an idiot for trying to cut someone off, and i was an idiot for not paying attention. and shit happens, now im down the drain $1000+
Old 02-21-2005, 11:51 AM
2005 TL Owner

The same thing happened to me in college. The girl in front of me pulled out and so I started, looking for oncomming traffic, then BAM! She slammed on her brakes. Luckily is was minor, nobody was injured and nobody and damage minor. Live and learn...
Old 02-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Instructor

the idiot stopped short because he tried to cut off someone when he was making the turn but his timing was bad so he stopped short halfway in the road, and both cars stopped and im inching up because i thought he went....

There is no way in hell anyone is going to believe you were just inching up on the guy ahead of you. The damage speaks for itself. These bumpers are designed to survive I believe it's about 10 mph contact but inching up just ain't gonna cut it. Moral of the story "keep your distance" and never assume what the "idiot" as you call him is going to do after all it was you who rear ended in this scenario.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Instructor

There is no way in hell anyone is going to believe you were just inching up on the guy ahead of you. The damage speaks for itself. These bumpers are designed to survive I believe it's about 10 mph contact but inching up just ain't gonna cut it. Moral of the story "keep your distance" and never assume what the "idiot" as you call him is going to do after all it was you who rear ended in this scenario.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by catsailr
Sorry for the accident. This can happen to anybody, any age. I've almost done it a couple of times. A car is stopped in front of you, and when they start moving you look down the road to see is anything is coming, then look up an they've stopped in front of you.
I disagree here there is simply no excuse for this. I see it all the time, people get so pre-occupied with the cars coming down the street that they forget about the guy ahead of them and only assume he will be "smart" enough to make the right decision. Well hello! people do stupid things and you should be well aware of your surroundings to protect your baby. The car in front of you should have your priority not the cars coming down the road. When he's gone, you move up and now focus on the cars you have to inorder to "safely" merge into the traffic. Simple concept - follow it and you will save yourself alot of time and pain.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Pro

Terrible diagram but we get the idea. It looks like the guy's view was obstructed also and he had to stop because of a car he saw at the last second. Like you said shit happens and at least you are taking responsibility for what happened. Nobody was injured and it seems a lesson was learned, which is the important thing.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by apwalsh
Terrible diagram but we get the idea. It looks like the guy's view was obstructed also and he had to stop because of a car he saw at the last second. Like you said shit happens and at least you are taking responsibility for what happened. Nobody was injured and it seems a lesson was learned, which is the important thing.
Could be worse... One time I was stopped. I always wait for the guy in front of me to actually leave, before I inch forward. Anyways, I just stayed stopped, and watched in horror, as the guy in front of me jabbed the gas, slammed on the brakes, threw it in reverse, and backed into my car Thank god for witnesses.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ Agreed..... I always wait until I see the guy in front of me completely pull out and leave before I even look around to see if there's any traffic coming. Sorry that you damaged your car, hope everything works out.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Rest assured, your auto insurance premium will be going through the roof. Do you have your own policy or are you on your parents?? (Not that it matters much surcharge-wise.) NJ Auto Insurance and Teen Drivers dont mix well.

(My son gets his license next year and we're dreading the upcoming post mortem on our good insurance rates. )
Old 02-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
NJ Auto Insurance and Teen Drivers dont mix well.
I thought NJ insurance in general and good rates don't mix?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

i have my own insurance...so that pretty much screws me...a couple of weeks ago we switched to my own insurance instead of tying it in with my moms...lucky me :-)

also...i went to an auto body shop to get an estimate today and they said that to replace the bumper and paint it and all the labor is gonna cost $850 they didn't look at anything else yet...so i dunno how much more i have to shell out...
Old 02-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
I thought NJ insurance in general and good rates don't mix?
Auto insurance coverage and New Jersey dont mix. I really feel for you NFLblitze1. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro

i have my own insurance...so that pretty much screws me...a couple of weeks ago we switched to my own insurance instead of tying it in with my moms...lucky me :-)

also...i went to an auto body shop to get an estimate today and they said that to replace the bumper and paint it and all the labor is gonna cost $850 they didn't look at anything else yet...so i dunno how much more i have to shell out...
So your insurance must have been sky-high already if it's just in your name alone. Now you will probably HAVE to put it in your parents' name. I bought cars in my parents names for years just to get a break on the insurance rates. I was able to put alot of $$ in the bank that way.

Quick Reply: My First Accident *pics*