Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my car and my body shop experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car and my body shop experience

as you all may know (or may not know) i messed up my car pretty badly about 1.5 months ago. Immediately the car was towed to a body shop and after the long weekend, they gave an estimate of 5500 and 2 weeks (Which i thought was too fast... who knows). This was covered under insurance. Anyway, two weeks go by, and they call in the 2nd week and say that they can't get the parts, and say that they need one more week. So i say... okay that's fine, it's tolerable, 2 weeks is too fast aynway.

another week goes by, and they pull the same routine. They told me once again they couldn't get the parts, and they would need another week. I wasn't even pissed- it wasn't really their fault!

so now it's been three more weeks, and each week they have calld with the same response that "we need one more week"... this week my dad went to return the renter they gave us, and he checked out their work... the guy said all the parts were in and painted, and they were just assembling, and that it would be done by today (he was pretty sure). My dad said they had removed the whole sidepanel, front bumper, and rear bumper.

So... today he calls and says that acura sent a wrong part and that it was a "critical part" and that he can't give us the car yet.

i'm not really pissed that it's taking a long time, i'm justp issed that they keep saying that it will be done, and i get my hopes up, and thye crush it like over and over with the same excuse that "they can't get the part"...

btw, this is M2 Auto Body located in Sunnyvale, CA. They're supposed to be a reputable chain of body shops.

I dunno. Just annoyed... and sad... it's been about 1.5 months to the date now.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:40 PM
What's a TL?

Intersting, I used M2 down here in So Cal to do my dicolored bumpers and they took 12 days versus their 3 day initial promise. How do they keep such a good reputation when there are clearly people having problems with them...not to mention the fact that they tend to be REALLY expensive.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:44 PM
It's Major. Boy.

If these guys screw you over, I know a guy locally (Newark, CA) who does excellent work and has very good rates. His info is below. His name is Tony.

Golden State Auto Body

Address: 37950 Cedar Blvd, Newark, CA 94560
Phone: (510) 791-7107

Let us know how it works out.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by zeezz
as you all may know (or may not know) i messed up my car pretty badly about 1.5 months ago. Immediately the car was towed to a body shop and after the long weekend, they gave an estimate of 5500 and 2 weeks (Which i thought was too fast... who knows). This was covered under insurance. Anyway, two weeks go by, and they call in the 2nd week and say that they can't get the parts, and say that they need one more week. So i say... okay that's fine, it's tolerable, 2 weeks is too fast aynway.

another week goes by, and they pull the same routine. They told me once again they couldn't get the parts, and they would need another week. I wasn't even pissed- it wasn't really their fault!

so now it's been three more weeks, and each week they have calld with the same response that "we need one more week"... this week my dad went to return the renter they gave us, and he checked out their work... the guy said all the parts were in and painted, and they were just assembling, and that it would be done by today (he was pretty sure). My dad said they had removed the whole sidepanel, front bumper, and rear bumper.

So... today he calls and says that acura sent a wrong part and that it was a "critical part" and that he can't give us the car yet.

i'm not really pissed that it's taking a long time, i'm justp issed that they keep saying that it will be done, and i get my hopes up, and thye crush it like over and over with the same excuse that "they can't get the part"...

btw, this is M2 Auto Body located in Sunnyvale, CA. They're supposed to be a reputable chain of body shops.

I dunno. Just annoyed... and sad... it's been about 1.5 months to the date now.
i think a month and a half is reasonable for such a new car. when my buddy smashed his 350z it was in the shop for two and a half months because the car was fairly new and parts availability was such a problem which is probably the case in your situation.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 PM
TL Techy

damn that sucks, i scrached and damaged the passenger side, side skirt on mine and i went to the dealer and the dealer referred me to a local body shop near my home. It took about 4 days to get the part in and took about 3 hours to remove and replace the part. Its looks fine - like brand new, but at the edge were the 2 peices come together, its slightly off, just a tiny bit. I can live with it tho, its only the bottom of the car. Good luck with your situation