Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car got hit ; ;

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by spicynoodle116
Ok so this is what happened so far. I called my agent, told her about what happened, and she suggested me to file a claim either through our policy or the other party. I called my insurance claim hot line, and they said its completely their fault so I should call their insurance and file the claim.

Called All-State, provided them the info of the driver, but they wasnt able to pull up their policy number!!! So now Im at a stuck... Claiming my own insurance is stupid, and their policy isnt ringing up with the info I provided by the police officers... So whats my next move? File a police report about a hit and run and misinformation to an officer? I do have the Driver's License of the driver and License Plate of the vehicle.. HELP >_<

follow up with the police asap like tomorrow. let them know that you tried to resolve this every other way you could and that it appears that the other driver does not have insurance based upon what their insurance company told you. file it on your insurance and if your state has UIM laws, that will cover your damages
Old 02-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
wow for them to say go to hell if your going to claim insurance and drive off would make me get everything i could out of them. file a hit and run
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Newb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I just came back from the police department to file the hit and run. They later called me back and said they're not gonna report it because there was an exchange of information... They suggest me to go to DMV and have them dig through it by giving them the license plate number, or file a claim on my own insurance (which im not gonna do if i have to pay any money out of my own pockets)...
Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
wow it would still be hit and run if false information was provided you need to speak to another officer........
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Newb

I actually found all 3 of them on facebook lol!

Whats fucked up is that they're blowing me off, wishing I wouldnt go through all this trouble over scratched paint.

If I have the money, I'd take this shit to court!!! Its not just about the damages done, its about them not being responsible like adults >=( Plus the police isnt doing shit because the driver DID gave me her information, but refused to call me back with her insurance policy. And they dont consider the Owner as hit and run because theres no body injury... LAME!!!

I'll call my agent tomorrow and ask whether I should file a hit and run. Or would it be possible for her to trace the other party's information.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
What I would do is go to the DMV, even though it may end up being a waste of time, and try to find out their insurance and driver's info.. if that doesn't work out, call your insurance and see if they can obtain the info on their end so they can proceed with a claim against their insurance..

If all else fails.. small claims court.. you don't need an attorney and I believe CA claims are up to $5k or $10k. Explain to the court how much of a PITA it was to obtain compensation from the defendants and they may award you cost + punitive damages.

The good thing is you are doing your due diligence in the matter and that speaks very well for your case / claim. I know it's a hassle but hopefully you'll deter these a%$holes from moving on and thinking no big deal. Now if it were me, idk, I'd find out where they live.. break into their car, take a shit in their air filter, super glue on their seats, and use a paint remover to write asshole on their rear bumper.. lol.. but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Newb

The owner of the vehicle called me today, and she told me she has already filed the claim. Not sure was it because I threatened them on facebook about taking legal actions, or they DID intend to take responsibility. Either way, their insurance gave me a call earlier at work and said they'll take responsibility of the damage and cover my repair costs. yayyyyyy. I can finally rest at ease lol.

Thanks again for listening to my rambling =) case clooooose
Old 02-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
- Glad to hear things worked out!.. and that you didn't need to crap in their air filter..
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad to hear it all worked out spicynoodle...facebook ftw hahaha
Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
i know your pissed and all, but this is what someone told me to make me feel better. all that u have control over is the interior of the car. u can keep that looking brand new forever, but the exterior is just out of your hands. the only real way to protect ur outside is by having a second car like a civic for stuff like city parking and going to work. cuz if u fix ur bumper, ur just gonna get more upset when it gets damaged again and u will be going in circles with repairs and damages. i bet the TL owners who have 100K plus miles have had dings and scratches and one point in time.