Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1-year review (2005 TL, AT w/ Navi)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 01:01 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My 1-year review (2005 TL, AT w/ Navi)

Well, my baby is 1-year old today; I can't believe that this day last year I was ready to crawl out of my skin with excitement. Today - I still love the car.

Thankfully, I haven't had any significant problems with the TL. Although, I did recently get the passenger side rear panel fixed and repainted after someone drove a golf ball into back in September. And the company that fixed it did a great job; all the panels are tight, paint looks good and matches, etc.

Sure, I have the occassional rattle as the rest, but it's nothing major. I can deal with it.

This week I just turned over the 10,000 mile mark and she continues to run strong and perform well. I think my tires are becoming somewhat worn, but that is to be expected.

The bad:
- I will never in my life own another car with Parchment interior. I hate the fact that it soils very easily and you can see everything on it. I do try to keep it as clean as possible with leather cleaner, etc. but, I'd rather have a darker interior for sure. And this is not Acura's fault by any means.

- I got the gold emblems on at the time of purchase. Hate 'em. Plan on getting them taken off right after the first of the year. Again, no fault of Acura's.

The good:
- Love the performance; this sucker never leaves me alone at the stop-light. It definitely has enough get-up-and-go for this chick!

- Love the interor design; I still haven't found another car's interior (within my budget) that I liked better.

- The navigation. It's now become like the American Express Card to me; I can't leave home without it!

Wish I had:
- ASPEC
- different wheels
- the iPOD connector
- Rear cam
- regular fog lights

Well, that about raps up my input; although, not quite as thorough as I've seen others write - but, why reinvent the wheel so-to-speak?

Still very much like and love the car - don't think I have much of a choice since we'll be pals for the next several years to come. LOL.

-Kelly