Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 1-year review (2005 TL, AT w/ Navi)

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 01:01 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My 1-year review (2005 TL, AT w/ Navi)

Well, my baby is 1-year old today; I can't believe that this day last year I was ready to crawl out of my skin with excitement. Today - I still love the car.

Thankfully, I haven't had any significant problems with the TL. Although, I did recently get the passenger side rear panel fixed and repainted after someone drove a golf ball into back in September. And the company that fixed it did a great job; all the panels are tight, paint looks good and matches, etc.

Sure, I have the occassional rattle as the rest, but it's nothing major. I can deal with it.

This week I just turned over the 10,000 mile mark and she continues to run strong and perform well. I think my tires are becoming somewhat worn, but that is to be expected.

The bad:
- I will never in my life own another car with Parchment interior. I hate the fact that it soils very easily and you can see everything on it. I do try to keep it as clean as possible with leather cleaner, etc. but, I'd rather have a darker interior for sure. And this is not Acura's fault by any means.

- I got the gold emblems on at the time of purchase. Hate 'em. Plan on getting them taken off right after the first of the year. Again, no fault of Acura's.

The good:
- Love the performance; this sucker never leaves me alone at the stop-light. It definitely has enough get-up-and-go for this chick!

- Love the interor design; I still haven't found another car's interior (within my budget) that I liked better.

- The navigation. It's now become like the American Express Card to me; I can't leave home without it!

Wish I had:
- ASPEC
- different wheels
- the iPOD connector
- Rear cam
- regular fog lights

Well, that about raps up my input; although, not quite as thorough as I've seen others write - but, why reinvent the wheel so-to-speak?

Still very much like and love the car - don't think I have much of a choice since we'll be pals for the next several years to come. LOL.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:17 PM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ why the double post
Old 11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
FOR SALE - BM

hey kelly, havnt seen you in a while. great write up... glad to hear you got your car fixed... i recently parked my car at work in the garage and a piece of the ceiling fell and scratched up my window and trim on the drivers side..... but anyway, ive had my car for a year now and it still runs like a champ...
Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
^ why the double post
Accidents happen. I took care of it.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:08 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by Ron A
Accidents happen. I took care of it.
Thanks Ron A!
I was wondering myself how that happened. LOL.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:11 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by drdamian
hey kelly, havnt seen you in a while. great write up... glad to hear you got your car fixed... i recently parked my car at work in the garage and a piece of the ceiling fell and scratched up my window and trim on the drivers side..... but anyway, ive had my car for a year now and it still runs like a champ...
Hey Doc! So sorry to hear that happened to your car... I hate when stuff like that happens, especially when it's out of your control.

Yea - I haven't been logged on for a while. I'm always busy towards the end of the year with reports, etc. and I started a p/t job at Macy's (at the fragrance counter) for the holidays - need extra money for gambling in the Bahamas on Jan. 3rd. LOL.

BTW - LOVE your avatar; that's too cute!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Racer

How much did it cost to fix the golf ball dent? I remember the post with the boo-boo but never read what happened after that.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad you're still loving the car. You should seriously consider the Aspec suspension. Makes a world of difference. Take it from this chick.. it's like a whole new car.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Instructor

Good to hear that you're still luvin' the TL after one year and that you've had no major issues. I took delivery of mine just over a month ago, 2006 6MT A-Spec, and I love the car more every time I drive it. The A-Spec kit really does a lot to improve the performance of the TL but... If you're not out doing a lot of corner carving you may be better off with the wheels and body kit only. My last Acura was a '97 CL that I had for 9 years and drove over 190,000 miles with no major repairs. I have no doubt that your TL (and mine hopefully) will perform equally as well.

Pete
Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by Andrew McCarthy
How much did it cost to fix the golf ball dent? I remember the post with the boo-boo but never read what happened after that.
Hi Andrew!
The total cost was a little over $600 but only cost me $100 out of pocket (vandalism co-pay); really not as bad as I initially anticipated.

Only complaint that I did have about the repair was that the entire interior of the car has a film of white dust all over it; it took me two weeks to get it all out. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but it did. When I picked the car up I could tell that they vacuumed and dusted, but they didn't do a good job.

Oh well - it's fixed and that's what counts, I guess?
Old 11-15-2006, 03:16 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

AMIC & FLBusa...

I am definitely envious of the ASPEC...really, really wish that I had it - or at the minimum the wheels and the body kit. I'm not doing a lot of "performance" driving other than weaving in and out of traffic. LOL.

I'd like to have my car stand out from the other TL's around here. Hell, the one day I went shopping...I pulled into the parking lot and there was a white TL already parked and another one parking at the same time. I was like - WHAT THE $%#&!??
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by KJW73
Hi Andrew!
The total cost was a little over $600 but only cost me $100 out of pocket (vandalism co-pay); really not as bad as I initially anticipated.

Only complaint that I did have about the repair was that the entire interior of the car has a film of white dust all over it; it took me two weeks to get it all out. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but it did. When I picked the car up I could tell that they vacuumed and dusted, but they didn't do a good job.

Oh well - it's fixed and that's what counts, I guess?
A big pain in the butt but a hundred bucks isn't bad at all. Glad it came out looking great!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:41 PM
The Boss

Kelly...
Why you stopped coming to our forum? And yes I agree with you 100% in parchment interior, I wished I had gotten a darker interior...

glad to see you hit 10k, mine's got about 36k
Old 11-15-2006, 08:12 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
only 10k? my baby is only 9 months old and she's already got 17k

I still wub her tho

my long ass commute is a love-hate thing
Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I am definitely envious of the ASPEC...really, really wish that I had it - or at the minimum the wheels and the body kit. I'm not doing a lot of "performance" driving other than weaving in and out of traffic. LOL.

I'd like to have my car stand out from the other TL's around here. Hell, the one day I went shopping...I pulled into the parking lot and there was a white TL already parked and another one parking at the same time. I was like - WHAT THE $%#&!??
doh. You definitely wouldnt like me then. *hides*
Old 11-16-2006, 02:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi Kelly.

Nice to see you're still around. We got our cars about the same time. Mine will turn 1 year next month, but its already close to 15K miles. I do a lot of commuting over the weekends and its always a comfortable ride.

I agree with some of your points, though I think if you chose ebony interior, you would complain about the dust buildup.

At the beginning, we used to have practically identical cars, but I'm sorry, the mod bug got to me. Here is my baby as of tonight:

With the 1 year birthday coming up, I will reward it with a body kit.

I'm quite impressed that the mod bug hasn't caught you yet!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't take my car to the track or anything like that, but you definitely do feel the Aspec suspension just in normal weaving in and out of traffic and especially when you turn. Twisty roads are fun too.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:28 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Originally Posted by leedogg
doh. You definitely wouldnt like me then. *hides*
Nah - never! I still like ya a lot Lee-Oh-Double G! :-)
Old 11-16-2006, 02:32 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

datmrman....

Originally Posted by datmrman
Hi Kelly.

Nice to see you're still around. We got our cars about the same time. Mine will turn 1 year next month, but its already close to 15K miles. I do a lot of commuting over the weekends and its always a comfortable ride.

I agree with some of your points, though I think if you chose ebony interior, you would complain about the dust buildup.

At the beginning, we used to have practically identical cars, but I'm sorry, the mod bug got to me. Here is my baby as of tonight:

With the 1 year birthday coming up, I will reward it with a body kit.

I'm quite impressed that the mod bug hasn't caught you yet!
Love your baby! She's quite a beaute and stylish...if I must say so myself!

Unfortunately I haven't caught the mod bug yet because I still can't rid of another bug I currently have: bills, bills, bills. hahahahaha. I'm hoping to someday hit PowerBall to get rid of that damn bug! LOL.

I wish I could right now, though................................in due time............