3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 08 NBP TYPE-S vs. Integra TYPE-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 PM
eat, sleep, NGC

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i hate cars what was your 60'/trap speed on your 10.60 run?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
They're just not in the same league. The ITR is light, cheap, and fun, but I don't consider low 15s even remotely fast. Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Take a trip to your local track and you'll see the vast majority of Honda products running in the 14 to 16 second range making obscene amounts of noise in the process while the GNs typically don't run slower than 11s and the only thing you hear is a faint whistle. It's the rare 13 second and faster Honda that everyone talks about and acts as if it's normal.

The TL is about one of the fastest Hondas ever and there's just a couple on here that have cracked 13s.
They make the "obscene amounts of noise" because they have alot more horse power than torque, and no one cares about cabin noise on a track especially when you winning. I've never heard any racer say "That was a great race and the car is running well but I wish i had a little less cabin noise"
Admit it for what they're working with they're not that bad.

S2000's and NSX's can crack 12's with little engine work.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
Put into consideration what both cars have stock. They're in two different classes, not to mention thats its just a 4 cylinder car of course you have the advantage. it takes less than 20 grand in an Integra to run down a muscle car.

Who in the world takes internet info about cars seriously. no one does, i dont and i've been to the tracks here in miami and i seriously beg to differ. I've seen a boosted eg walk on a corvette and the driver did not look like he can even afford 10 grand much less 20.

They're boosted integra, rsx's, scion's and Srt-4's all over miami. our ages range from 17-25 we cant afford second cars LOL at least not yet so they are daily driven. Im 22 and I lucked up with 2 cars my 03TL-S and the 89 supra.

Mid 15's is pretty slow but they're 4 cylinders and FYI S2000's, EVO's and STI's dont run 15's and with 3 grand like you all three of these cars can run with a GN. Turbo kits are not 20 grand trust me a boosted ITR or RSX-S can walk you down. Boost Control remember

You're dreaming if you think an ITR, RSX-S, S2000 or any other Honda product with a turbo slapped on is going to run my car down. Nothing short of a gutted, built bottom end, ported head, big cam, giant turbo pure race car is going to come close. This statement alone shows that you're ignorant to cars.

With all due respect to the EVOs and STIs, they're not going to run what my car does with 3 grand invested.

I could care less how many cylinders they have. I don't complain about having less cylinders when going up against a Vette or a Viper. All that counts is who gets to the finish first. If I lose, it's over. Excuses are excuses.

I was a poor 17 year old kid when I bought my GN and scraped together money for mods.

My GN was my daily driver until I bought my TL a few years ago so don't act like it's a dedicated race car. I was in the same situation you claim to be in. For the money I spent I could've gone bigger on the turbo, cam, convertor, and injectors for no extra cost and made more power but I didn't because I wanted it to remain streetable and fun.

You're overlooking the fact that I could take passengers out in my car and it would pass for stock. I could also carry on a normal conversation without screaming over the loud exhaust and road/wind noise from the gutted interior.

I don't care about the one in a million Integra that can out run a Vette. It just goes to show that you can make anything fast with enough money. Put that same amount of money into both cars and see which one wins.

I've street raced for many years and with the exception of the MKIV Supras and a few DSMs, the imports have been a joke. It's the same old stuff every weekend, a new kid brings his nawwwwws gutted Civic out, we sand bag him for a couple races and by the end of the night take all of his money.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Team Owner

They make the "obscene amounts of noise" because they have alot more horse power than torque, and no one cares about cabin noise on a track especially when you winning. I've never heard any racer say "That was a great race and the car is running well but I wish i had a little less cabin noise"
Admit it for what they're working with they're not that bad.

S2000's and NSX's can crack 12's with little engine work.
Are you serious? Read my sig, that's 602hp, 620lbs of torque at the wheels. That's over 700 of each at the flywheel and my car is quiet.

Who wants an obnoxious cop magnet daily driver? They're loud because they want to sound fast.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:46 PM
hates the winter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really need to drive an ITR at an HPDE event to appreciate it. It's not a 1/4 mile car. It's a road course car. They are maxed out at the factory and only require very little modifications. With I/H/C/E, cams, and a Hondata tune they hold their own while getting great mileage and going 200k miles. The problem is they get stolen every .1 seconds.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by nova_G
i hate cars what was your 60'/trap speed on your 10.60 run?
It was my second best 60' time ever, 1.49 and 126mph.

The car has gone 128mph but the ET was slower. I have no plans to push it much harder on the stock bottom and I don't feel like spending over $10K on a built bottom end so I think it's going to stay the way it is.....until it blows up.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ChrisQ1980
You really need to drive an ITR at an HPDE event to appreciate it. It's not a 1/4 mile car. It's a road course car. They are maxed out at the factory and only require very little modifications. With I/H/C/E, cams, and a Hondata tune they hold their own while getting great mileage and going 200k miles. The problem is they get stolen every .1 seconds.

This is what I've been saying. I wouldn't want to run into one at the auto-x but it pisses me off how ignorant some people are stating that a turbo kit alone will take it into the 10s.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:28 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
I guess silver type s exaggerated a bit but I hate cars I think you are giving too little respect to those little Hondas.

No, I don't think a civic hatch with a bolt-on turbo kit can take down your 10-second GN. I think what silver type s is talking about a civic hatch (or CRX, or other small Hondas) with a built motor + a turbo kit + a proper tune + may be a few other mods can be fairly fast too and for sure can take down stock GN's. I think you mentioned that stock GNs are 13's cars? A stock ITR is a low 14's car with a good driver as shown in the video I posted, imagine that engine in a even lighter civic + a turbo kit + some good tires. 13's is easily achievable and there must be thousands of videos on youtube to prove this. I think even non boosted civic with a B18C + some NA mods can achieve 13's.

Also, I believe silver type s meant that you can buy a civic and make it to go fast for a little amount of money, that's because a used one is very cheap and mods are abundant. The Grand National on the other hand, is relatively more expensive, and from ebay it seems like most of them go for over $10k. There's even one at $72k CAD!!

You can find some fast Civics here:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Honda--Civic-Drag-Racing.html

some of them are daily drivers, some of them are not.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iforyou
I guess silver type s exaggerated a bit but I hate cars I think you are giving too little respect to those little Hondas.

No, I don't think a civic hatch with a bolt-on turbo kit can take down your 10-second GN. I think what silver type s is talking about a civic hatch (or CRX, or other small Hondas) with a built motor + a turbo kit + a proper tune + may be a few other mods can be fairly fast too and for sure can take down stock GN's. I think you mentioned that stock GNs are 13's cars? A stock ITR is a low 14's car with a good driver as shown in the video I posted, imagine that engine in a even lighter civic + a turbo kit + some good tires. 13's is easily achievable and there must be thousands of videos on youtube to prove this. I think even non boosted civic with a B18C + some NA mods can achieve 13's.

Also, I believe silver type s meant that you can buy a civic and make it to go fast for a little amount of money, that's because a used one is very cheap and mods are abundant. The Grand National on the other hand, is relatively more expensive, and from ebay it seems like most of them go for over $10k. There's even one at $72k CAD!!

I'm not denying there are 10 second Hondas out there, I've seen them first hand. But they're extremely rare. I can name off 4 10 second Vettes, my dad's 9 second GN, my 10 second car, etc. in a 2 mile radius here.

There are two things about this thread that get me. Kids saying oh, bolt on a turbo kit and run 10s. Well, it's not that easy. My first time at the track with my 10 second combo netted a 12 second run. It took weeks of tuning, learning to launch, learning what parts didn't work with each other, etc to run the magic number.

The only people who talk like this are the ones that have never experienced it first hand and the internet is full of them.

The second thing that bothers me is what some people consider a daily driver. Street legal doesn't equal a nice daily. When you have a 10 second Honda with full interior with stock sounding exhaust that you can take co-workers out in and they would never know the car has been on a track, I'll give credit to them.

You are right, the GN is a high 13s car, sometimes a mid 13s, and one cracked a 12 on a 29 degree day. Overall 13.80s is about what you would expect. I'm sure it doesn't take that much money to run with a stock one but remember that was in the 80s when a Ferrari Testarossa ran 14s, the Vette ran 15s, Mustang high 15s, Hondas were in 17 second land. Their claim to fame is you could double the factory hp for under $2,000 and the car is just awesome from the factory from a traction point of view.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Got your mom in

You're dreaming if you think an ITR, RSX-S, S2000 or any other Honda product with a turbo slapped on is going to run my car down. Nothing short of a gutted, built bottom end, ported head, big cam, giant turbo pure race car is going to come close. This statement alone shows that you're ignorant to cars.

With all due respect to the EVOs and STIs, they're not going to run what my car does with 3 grand invested.

I could care less how many cylinders they have. I don't complain about having less cylinders when going up against a Vette or a Viper. All that counts is who gets to the finish first. If I lose, it's over. Excuses are excuses.

I was a poor 17 year old kid when I bought my GN and scraped together money for mods.

"
My GN was my daily driver until I bought my TL a few years ago so don't act like it's a dedicated race car. I was in the same situation you claim to be in. For the money I spent I could've gone bigger on the turbo, cam, convertor, and injectors for no extra cost and made more power but I didn't because I wanted it to remain streetable and fun.

You're overlooking the fact that I could take passengers out in my car and it would pass for stock. I could also carry on a normal conversation without screaming over the loud exhaust and road/wind noise from the gutted interior.

I don't care about the one in a million Integra that can out run a Vette. It just goes to show that you can make anything fast with enough money. Put that same amount of money into both cars and see which one wins.

I've street raced for many years and with the exception of the MKIV Supras and a few DSMs, the imports have been a joke. It's the same old stuff every weekend, a new kid brings his nawwwwws gutted Civic out, we sand bag him for a couple races and by the end of the night take all of his money.
Ignorant to cars"??????

Arent older people supposed to be wise? I dont know where you put your three grand but it's alot to and import.

Believe me as a car guy I see your point and understand. You have many good points.

I think we both can agree that there many imports with less than $20,000 invested in then than can run with the Mighty GN. CFT has S2000's with 600 plus hp which didnt take a 20 grand. No import needs 20 grand to run 11's or maybe 10. No ones complaining about engine sizes. If you cant run the race regardless of engine size just shut up and watch the race. Thats my philosophy. You think I care that my old ass supra has 1 long ass crank, two long cams with 6 pistons when people in vettes and porsche's in miami try me? or that asshole in a 360 Modena that almost killed me trying to race me?

The fact im trying to make is it does not take what you're saying it takes to beat a muscle car. The kids you get rich off of are either brave, stupid or will just never learn. it only takes one or two races to see what you're up against and go back to the drawing board to beat it. That how i was taught to race. I got murdered by an FD RX-7 so i went and asked my uncle if i can put a bigger turbo in his car and raise the boost a bit, he said yes and the FD got his ass handed to him.

I was 19 wen i got part ownership of the supra its still not really mine but i drive it and take care of it.

And Just and FYI there is a street legal MR-2 somewhere here in Florida running 11's and it took less than 20 grand trust me.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:43 AM
Got your mom in

Look the point i was making was, it doesnt take 20 grand to run 10's even a fully built crx with boost and tuning doesnt take 20 grand.

Iforyou:
Exaggerate? who has time to type up lies on a forum. No disrespect to anyone here but, I speak from what i see. Maybe i'm giving domestic too little credit and giving imports too much but but i respect everyones opinionand facts as fellow car guys.

Me and Ihatecars pretty much go back and forth on almost every thread we post a comment in. We even had to agree to disagree before

I have to give ihatecars credit cuz he knows his shit but at the same time i know my shit too coming from a family racing background in the Caribbean meaning all the cars we get are directly from Japan. it didnt take nearly 20 grand to perform.

People make asses out of themselves when they lie and i think a real car guy can pin point a liar as soon as he open his mouth.

Like i said i have respect for everyones opinion and im not calling anyone a liar here unless its obvious.

Thanks for your defense also
Old 12-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Got your mom in

I'm not denying there are 10 second Hondas out there, I've seen them first hand. But they're extremely rare. I can name off 4 10 second Vettes, my dad's 9 second GN, my 10 second car, etc. in a 2 mile radius here.

There are two things about this thread that get me. Kids saying oh, bolt on a turbo kit and run 10s. Well, it's not that easy. My first time at the track with my 10 second combo netted a 12 second run. It took weeks of tuning, learning to launch, learning what parts didn't work with each other, etc to run the magic number.

The only people who talk like this are the ones that have never experienced it first hand and the internet is full of them.

The second thing that bothers me is what some people consider a daily driver. Street legal doesn't equal a nice daily. When you have a 10 second Honda with full interior with stock sounding exhaust that you can take co-workers out in and they would never know the car has been on a track, I'll give credit to them.

You are right, the GN is a high 13s car, sometimes a mid 13s, and one cracked a 12 on a 29 degree day. Overall 13.80s is about what you would expect. I'm sure it doesn't take that much money to run with a stock one but remember that was in the 80s when a Ferrari Testarossa ran 14s, the Vette ran 15s, Mustang high 15s, Hondas were in 17 second land. Their claim to fame is you could double the factory hp for under $2,000 and the car is just awesome from the factory from a traction point of view.

So basically what you're saying is our definition of certain terms are simply different. I agree also that the internet is full of idiots that talk trash and that's why i dont hang around them. I hang with the old heads that teach me something different every day. Daily driver to me is completely different from what you said above. My idea is a car that can be driven comfortably everyday. thats it.

I also agree and failed to mention tuning even though i figured everyone would think its involved wen boosting. you have to tune. I know its not that easy. especially with an inline 6. Im not one of the kids you talk about who just run off at the mouth before even thinking. I try to factor in all aspects. look at my posts.

Launches is something that took me a while to get and im still not as good as i should be. my uncles go nuts wen i mess up a launch. I guess im clutch nervous. I've never even raced on a track. these are back streets in the islands where i lined up and reacted from a flashlight.

Lets just be clear on all our of posts to avoid another back and forth point
Old 12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Team Owner

Ignorant to cars"??????

Arent older people supposed to be wise? I dont know where you put your three grand but it's alot to and import.

Believe me as a car guy I see your point and understand. You have many good points.

I think we both can agree that there many imports with less than $20,000 invested in then than can run with the Mighty GN. CFT has S2000's with 600 plus hp which didnt take a 20 grand. No import needs 20 grand to run 11's or maybe 10. No ones complaining about engine sizes. If you cant run the race regardless of engine size just shut up and watch the race. Thats my philosophy. You think I care that my old ass supra has 1 long ass crank, two long cams with 6 pistons when people in vettes and porsche's in miami try me? or that asshole in a 360 Modena that almost killed me trying to race me?

The fact im trying to make is it does not take what you're saying it takes to beat a muscle car. The kids you get rich off of are either brave, stupid or will just never learn. it only takes one or two races to see what you're up against and go back to the drawing board to beat it. That how i was taught to race. I got murdered by an FD RX-7 so i went and asked my uncle if i can put a bigger turbo in his car and raise the boost a bit, he said yes and the FD got his ass handed to him.

I was 19 wen i got part ownership of the supra its still not really mine but i drive it and take care of it.

And Just and FYI there is a street legal MR-2 somewhere here in Florida running 11's and it took less than 20 grand trust me.
3 grand is a lot to a factory turbo import. It doesn't take you nearly as far NA without serious weight reduction which kills streetability. I would fear a Supra or DSM with 3 grand dumped into it much, much more than a Honda product. Look at the TLs. $4,500 for a supercharger if you get a good deal on it, lets not talk about install price and what does it get you? Mid 13s at best, most still in high 13 second land. And this is one of the fastest stock Hondas ever made.

BPU MKIV Supras are amazing and they get tons of respect. You probably don't remember but we used to always have little flamewars between the Supras and GNs as to which car had the best mod to hp ratio. The concensus pretty much was the Supras made a little more power per mod but the GNs usually ran the faster times.

Hell, here's an old vid (2001) of my nearly stock GN at the street races with the only mods being open exhaust (because I couldn't afford aftermarket) boost turned up, chip, and filter. Going off of memory it was a 12.60 car back then but it was so long ago. Mustang was supercharged, small cam, and was wearing slicks which is why he was able to destroy me off the start.

You talk about blowing a launch, it was so hard not to put the pedal down when this guy pulled me so hard off the start but I managed to restrain myself until I hit second gear.

http://bsr.njsr.org/2001/052601/6.wmv
Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

..i typed up this long post and it didn't go through due to a database error....
Old 01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Got your mom in

You talk about blowing a launch, it was so hard not to put the pedal down when this guy pulled me so hard off the start but I managed to restrain myself until I hit second gear.

http://bsr.njsr.org/2001/052601/6.wmv
It's hard to launch perfectly so i give major props to anyone that can on a regular basis. reaction time is vital in a race and top end really helps from what i was taught. You can lose a race to a car slower than yours if your reaction time sucks. I've my uncle pull off a 0.60 reaction time at the track in Antigua. Even with the supra its hard not to spin the tires so much and then have to play catch up. personally i prefer rolls for now.

is that a 5.0 mustang and do you know how much whp he has? what were you're hp numbers at the time of this race and what have you done since? how much did you win by? you hit the brakes almost a full second before the mustang.

Not to stray away from the topic on hand, I dont think an import needs 20 grand to break 10 seconds or push 600hp.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Team Owner

It's hard to launch perfectly so i give major props to anyone that can on a regular basis. reaction time is vital in a race and top end really helps from what i was taught. You can lose a race to a car slower than yours if your reaction time sucks. I've my uncle pull off a 0.60 reaction time at the track in Antigua. Even with the supra its hard not to spin the tires so much and then have to play catch up. personally i prefer rolls for now.

is that a 5.0 mustang and do you know how much whp he has? what were you're hp numbers at the time of this race and what have you done since? how much did you win by? you hit the brakes almost a full second before the mustang.

Not to stray away from the topic on hand, I dont think an import needs 20 grand to break 10 seconds or push 600hp.

I didn't mean $20K literally, I meant it takes more for an import to make the power than a typical domestic car, Supras excluded.

The Mustang had an A-trim supercharger, GT-40 heads, small cam, and that's all I know of.

Mine was stock with the exception of the chip, filter, fuel pump, and lots of boost. $200 in mods.

It looked worse in real life, I put about 5 cars on him up top. To his credit, that combo should've been capable of high 11s fully tuned.

12.60s at full weight= roughly 370hp

I was on street tire at the time because I didn't plan on racing. You can hear about a second after the second gear chirp when I put the pedal to the floor. It's hard when the other guy is pulling away so hard not to put the pedal down too soon.

The car now sits at 602rwhp and is nearly 300lbs lighter. It went 10.60 before I dyno'd it, not sure how much power it was making then.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Team Owner

To add, you can hit the $20K mark long before you run a 10 second quarter mile. When you factor in transmission, torque convertor/clutch, axle, suspension, safety equipment, etc, $20K goes very fast.

Until you've run the number, you have no idea what goes into making it happen. It's easy to say it doesn't take X amount of money when you've never done it.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Got your mom in

To add, you can hit the $20K mark long before you run a 10 second quarter mile. When you factor in transmission, torque convertor/clutch, axle, suspension, safety equipment, etc, $20K goes very fast.

Until you've run the number, you have no idea what goes into making it happen. It's easy to say it doesn't take X amount of money when you've never done it.

I honestly understand your point. it took months to fine tune the supra.

the supra took about $3200 total to get where's its at right now $2250 was just for the turbo kit which includes the intercooler, 3' piping, headers, wastegate, 440 injectors, and gaskets. I got the BOV and exhaust from crashed supra that belonged to this asian kid. I added an intake manifold, some steel braided fuel lines and a flywheel. The motor with a good clutch, crank and cams. and to this day its never been on a track. I wanted to go t88 bcuz my neighbor has a regal he converted to a GN. I went with a t61 bcuz i wanted to get back at this RX-7. I asked my uncles to dyno the car and the numbers came back. 489whp 451tq on 14lbs. He said he could take the boost to 20LBS but he's good there.

I was acting like a shy kid on christmas wen i heard that.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Got your mom in

I should have went 7M simply because parts are easier and cheaper to find. I'll build my own soon.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Team Owner

I honestly understand your point. it took months to fine tune the supra.

the supra took about $3200 total to get where's its at right now $2250 was just for the turbo kit which includes the intercooler, 3' piping, headers, wastegate, 440 injectors, and gaskets. I got the BOV and exhaust from crashed supra that belonged to this asian kid. I added an intake manifold, some steel braided fuel lines and a flywheel. The motor with a good clutch, crank and cams. and to this day its never been on a track. I wanted to go t88 bcuz my neighbor has a regal he converted to a GN. I went with a t61 bcuz i wanted to get back at this RX-7. I asked my uncles to dyno the car and the numbers came back. 489whp 451tq on 14lbs. He said he could take the boost to 20LBS but he's good there.

I was acting like a shy kid on christmas wen i heard that.
489hp on only 14psi is really good. I'm sure traction is an issue already.

My GN is probably around that number at the same boost. My dyno in my sig was at 29psi. I was running low timing but on the stock bottom end I'm already on borrowed time so no need to push my luck.

You will probably like the smaller turbo better for having fun on the street. I've been over turboed before and the car isn't nearly as fun to drive. There was a time when a stock Civic could beat me through an intersection. When I floored it, I couldn't spin the tires until boost came in at 30mph or so.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Got your mom in

489hp on only 14psi is really good. I'm sure traction is an issue already.

My GN is probably around that number at the same boost. My dyno in my sig was at 29psi. I was running low timing but on the stock bottom end I'm already on borrowed time so no need to push my luck.

You will probably like the smaller turbo better for having fun on the street. I've been over turboed before and the car isn't nearly as fun to drive. There was a time when a stock Civic could beat me through an intersection. When I floored it, I couldn't spin the tires until boost came in at 30mph or so.
Traction is a major issue all the way through 2nd and at the top of 3rd, but man wen you get a grip its pure and or
I just love that thing. it makes you want to screw up the launch cuz you want to see the other persons face when you past them

I plan on getting my own 89 MKIII and racing my uncles once im done. Im going 7M though its less work and better results, unless i find a really cheap or wrecked IS300 then im going 2J baby
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread but my buddy's bought a used integra type R, full bolt on's with a custom turbo.. he wants to race me as soon as he comes up from salinas.. do I have a chance?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

custom turbo eh? good luck man..lol..record it!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 AM
Burning Brakes

custom turbo eh? good luck man..lol..record it!
that what he says... lol dosen't sound like you'd think i'd win..
Old 01-23-2009, 05:04 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

lol...well...I have a video from Best motoring showing a stock DC2-R doing 14.2s in the 1/4 mile....with full bolt-on's, I'd imagine it's a 13's car at the very least. Then add a damn turbo...lol...
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Burning Brakes

lol...well...I have a video from Best motoring showing a stock DC2-R doing 14.2s in the 1/4 mile....with full bolt-on's, I'd imagine it's a 13's car at the very least. Then add a damn turbo...lol...
well I imagine thats from a professional driver so hopefully he sucks at driving.. I wonder what numbers my 08' is putting down.. I have Intake/jpipe/pulley/spacer/precat deletes... hopefully very high 13's
Old 01-23-2009, 09:57 PM
A Black TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RUF87
Yeah, got to drive a 08 and 09 TL and was surprised that you couldn't do that. Too bad, it's an advantage when trying to get the most out your car.

For grins I took the 08 to a stretch of road to see how it compared to mine on a 45-70mph punch. The 08 did it in 4.5 and 4.3 secs for a 2 run average of 4.4secs. My 02 TLS did the same run in 3.7 and 3.5 secs, almost 1 second quicker . . . I guess Acura really is turning the TL in to a middle age cruiser.

Ruf
Thier is no way ur 02 is faster then your 3g TL, unless it's modded.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
well I imagine thats from a professional driver so hopefully he sucks at driving.. I wonder what numbers my 08' is putting down.. I have Intake/jpipe/pulley/spacer/precat deletes... hopefully very high 13's
are you going to dyno it?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Burning Brakes

are you going to dyno it?
Yeah after I get the exhaust done.. i'm looking at xcelr8's.... unless atlp's still making them.. I'm just out of money til I get my income tax
Old 01-25-2009, 02:44 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

the atlp's sound sweet and I think they gain the most power out of all the exhaust systems available to us?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
Thier is no way ur 02 is faster then your 3g TL, unless it's modded.
Not entirely true.
I've raced a stock 05 in my stock 03 TL-S and beat it. the 03 tl-s is capable is of shifting right a redline. the 05 shifted almost about half a second before me so im assuming at about 5 to 5.5k. im not sure if its the same with the 08's tl-p's. he has an 02 TL-S so he can pretty much edge out any stock 3g if he was stock. now with the mods he has no 3g has a chance except the 6mt or the type S
Old 01-25-2009, 10:32 PM
6th Gear

wow all this civic and integra talk. I personally ran a 13.1 with my old 92 civic hatch with a jdm itr motor, i/h/e, and drag radials. my friend has a crx with a jdm rsx motor with ONLY bolt ons and is running real low 11's with slicks. i've also had a gsr and ran high 14's in it, and it felt waaaay slower then my friends itr. itr's are little rippers, they handle amazingly and feel fast due to the 4.7 or 4.9 final drives. out of curiosity what do 3rd gen tl's run? thats what i plan on replacing my stolen s2000 with.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sohchatch
wow all this civic and integra talk. I personally ran a 13.1 with my old 92 civic hatch with a jdm itr motor, i/h/e, and drag radials. my friend has a crx with a jdm rsx motor with ONLY bolt ons and is running real low 11's with slicks. i've also had a gsr and ran high 14's in it, and it felt waaaay slower then my friends itr. itr's are little rippers, they handle amazingly and feel fast due to the 4.7 or 4.9 final drives. out of curiosity what do 3rd gen tl's run? thats what i plan on replacing my stolen s2000 with.
15.0 to 14.0 Base 5AT to 6MT TL-S.

The people here hate traction, I don't think I've seen one TL on drag radials which would be the biggest single improvement on a 6mt car. A TL-S on drag radials is an easy high 13s car with a good driver as it's 99mph shows.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:05 PM
6th Gear

15.0 to 14.0 Base 5AT to 6MT TL-S.

The people here hate traction, I don't think I've seen one TL on drag radials which would be the biggest single improvement on a 6mt car. A TL-S on drag radials is an easy high 13s car with a good driver as it's 99mph shows.
all fwd cars hate traction and love wheel hop, im not getting a tl to drag it though so i dont care. ill probably still put a blower on it .
Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sohchatch
all fwd cars hate traction and love wheel hop, im not getting a tl to drag it though so i dont care. ill probably still put a blower on it .
LOL. I meant I don't understand why no one puts a decent tire on it, especially when going to the track. Drag radials alone would put a 6mt TL-S with a good driver in 335 territory from a dig. If I had a 6mt and actually cared about racing tires would be my first mod.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Burning Brakes

LOL. I meant I don't understand why no one puts a decent tire on it, especially when going to the track. Drag radials alone would put a 6mt TL-S with a good driver in 335 territory from a dig. If I had a 6mt and actually cared about racing tires would be my first mod.
What kind of drag radicals? Are they for track only?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Team Owner

They're a street tire. Look up BFG drag radial, Nitto drag radial, or Hoosier drag radial. Traction is much, much better than a normal street tire.

I only recommend them for the manual TLs, autos don't have enough off the line power to take advantage.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
I really don't want to dump any more money into my TL, especially considering I just got all four wheels re-finished and the whole front end painted due to the shitty factory paint, but I am tempted to throw on a set of drag radials. It does have a high 13 second pass in it if I can cut my 60 ft to ~2.10.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:31 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by anx1300c
I really don't want to dump any more money into my TL, especially considering I just got all four wheels re-finished and the whole front end painted due to the shitty factory paint, but I am tempted to throw on a set of drag radials. It does have a high 13 second pass in it if I can cut my 60 ft to ~2.10.
its a great bang fo your buck and being able to put the power(especially if ypur modded) to the ground. i used actual slicks once and it was crazy being able to dump the clutch at 7,000 and just hooking up. i used to rock drag radials on the street during the spring/summers. drag racing traction is MUCH better, especially compared to the oem tires. i'd suggest getting a pair of used wheels so you dont have to keep mounting/unmounting them.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

They're a street tire. Look up BFG drag radial, Nitto drag radial, or Hoosier drag radial. Traction is much, much better than a normal street tire.

I only recommend them for the manual TLs, autos don't have enough off the line power to take advantage.
So wen i get my exhaust, I should be around 280-290whp... Do you think it would be worth getting? im AT

Quick Reply: My 08 NBP TYPE-S vs. Integra TYPE-R