3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 07 TL Is a Lemon

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
^^^ so what's the deal. Are they going to give you a Type-S?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
^^^ so what's the deal. Are they going to give you a Type-S?

i sent in the lemon law papers, acura has not contacted me yet... waiting on response
Old 09-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07TL
i sent in the lemon law papers, acura has not contacted me yet... waiting on response
I have dealt with the florida state lemon law ande can give you some advice. Send the papers in to honda as well as the state. After about a week, honda will contact you with an arbitrator. They will offer to take back the car and place you in a similar one is the exact one cannot be gotten or is unavailable. But I doubt honda will proceed to the arbitration process as my case was almost throw out, My MDX kept on having a dead battery and they blamed it on a bad batch of batteries. After having a battery I paid for from autozone died, then they continued the process. Like florida lemon law states, you mush have 3 unsuccessful repair attempts (all documented) or 21 days out of service. As well, a window rattle is not considered something worth all of this, the law stated that it has to impair the dive ability of the vehicle, as a dead battery would or bad suspension components. tis is just my advice to you.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by csmeance
I have dealt with the florida state lemon law ande can give you some advice. Send the papers in to honda as well as the state. After about a week, honda will contact you with an arbitrator. They will offer to take back the car and place you in a similar one is the exact one cannot be gotten or is unavailable. But I doubt honda will proceed to the arbitration process as my case was almost throw out, My MDX kept on having a dead battery and they blamed it on a bad batch of batteries. After having a battery I paid for from autozone died, then they continued the process. Like florida lemon law states, you mush have 3 unsuccessful repair attempts (all documented) or 21 days out of service. As well, a window rattle is not considered something worth all of this, the law stated that it has to impair the dive ability of the vehicle, as a dead battery would or bad suspension components. tis is just my advice to you.
thanks for the advice but i called in and they said ANYTHING that is 3 times unrepairable on a new car, and its not just a rattle its a vibration as well which is distracting me from driving the car... how long did it take you to get a new car?
Old 09-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Senior Moderator

thanks for the advice but i called in and they said ANYTHING that is 3 times unrepairable on a new car, and its not just a rattle its a vibration as well which is distracting me from driving the car... how long did it take you to get a new car?
well, the 06 mdx stranded me in NY in about november, they got me a new battery, paid expensies and got em back to florida. I talked to the abirtrator and for the troubles they decided to up me a package to the sport model on an 07. I talked to them more and gave them the combo, which was pretty simple and common, gray with taupe leather. It took them about 4 months to get it to me as they wee flooded with orders from dealers as it was freshly released. In the mean time I was in an RL and TL at no cost to me (besides gas). I had the Rl until december but got the TL instead as i wanted to save money on gas.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Advanced

Just so EVERYONE is aware:

Lemon Law VARIES from State to State....so don't assume your rules apply to someone else. Washington state is vague = "reasonable number of attempts". Other states do have a 3-fix rule which may or may not be specifically defined. Contact BBB Auto Line to have them walk you through the process, and as everyone else has said, RESEARCH the Lemon Law in the book that came with the vehicle. It's title "Consumer Information".

I work for Acura. I would know.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Advanced

well, the 06 mdx stranded me in NY in about november, they got me a new battery, paid expensies and got em back to florida. I talked to the abirtrator and for the troubles they decided to up me a package to the sport model on an 07. I talked to them more and gave them the combo, which was pretty simple and common, gray with taupe leather. It took them about 4 months to get it to me as they wee flooded with orders from dealers as it was freshly released. In the mean time I was in an RL and TL at no cost to me (besides gas). I had the Rl until december but got the TL instead as i wanted to save money on gas.

sounds like you were living the life, this is what i need
Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Racer

Just a little disappointed

I also have a ticking sound coming from the front passenger upper door frame/window. It's annoying to say the least. I also have an intermittent (comes & goes) rattle coming from the steering column area. I'm getting both problems checked for the 1st time next week so we'll see what happens. I'm a little disappointed, but it's partially my fault since I knew about these quality issues reading this forum for the past three years. I just thought quality had improved with the '07 models. Oh well, in 2 or 3 years when I'm ready to replace it, I'll know if the 4G has quality issues and if it does, there's always Infiniti (it seems that the 2nd-gen G35 has fewer quality issues that the 1st gen). Maybe I'll get a Japanese-made Acura.

Despite this, I have to admit I still like my TL. I often stare at it for a few seconds before I walk away.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
ya taking it in 3 times for the same thing no matter what it is, you can legally file under the lemon law.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nbennettksu
ya taking it in 3 times for the same thing no matter what it is, you can legally file under the lemon law.

perfect, now i wonder how they will bribe me? maybe a Navigation 08 TL in the color i choose? or maybe a 07 Type-S? time will tell..

i will keep you guys updated!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Senior Moderator

perfect, now i wonder how they will bribe me? maybe a Navigation 08 TL in the color i choose? or maybe a 07 Type-S? time will tell..

trust me, they won't bribe you, I got stuck in NY and missed 3 days of work and also had to stay in a hotel. Thats why I got upgraded. As well Honda messed up the title and put it in their name due to an accounting error, it turned out that I paid full in cash, but had a balance of 10 cents left. SO I gave them the damn dime and got it fixed. Thats why they were courteous through out this.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Advanced

trust me, they won't bribe you, I got stuck in NY and missed 3 days of work and also had to stay in a hotel. Thats why I got upgraded. As well Honda messed up the title and put it in their name due to an accounting error, it turned out that I paid full in cash, but had a balance of 10 cents left. SO I gave them the damn dime and got it fixed. Thats why they were courteous through out this.

got you
Old 09-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Senior Moderator

BTW, i spoke to a Patrick Garcia who was in the Florida division, he was very friendly and tried his best to keep me happy. BTW, during this process make sure you name any accessories that you may have on this car (OEM ONLY COUNT) as they will put them on your new car.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Advanced

BTW, i spoke to a Patrick Garcia who was in the Florida division, he was very friendly and tried his best to keep me happy. BTW, during this process make sure you name any accessories that you may have on this car (OEM ONLY COUNT) as they will put them on your new car.

what did you get added?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Advanced

I have a letter that was sent to me
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
^^^ and?
Old 09-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggesq
^^^ and?

sorrry for not giving detail been busy

anyway the letter states that they are going to have a meeting with me and take my car in for one last time, they are going to loan me a car a no charge which they are doing now since i finally turned 21, anybody else gone thru this?

how can i mentally prepare for this meeting?

any tips?
Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Instructor

bring your own vasoline and don't expect it to be over in hours, days or weeks. this post never mentions if you have window tint, which is known to cause issues with TL windows per the July service bulletin. Cosmetic items are not cause for vehicle replacement and be prepared to pay the milage on your useage for a similar car. Upgrades are not free and usually bartered. be prepared to choose a path of vehicle replacemnt or refund. rarely can you switch. My lemon took nearly 3 months to resolve. If you are happy with everything else with the car, have a regional service tech fix it at a differnt dealer.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:13 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by PsychFish
bring your own vasoline and don't expect it to be over in hours, days or weeks. this post never mentions if you have window tint, which is known to cause issues with TL windows per the July service bulletin. Cosmetic items are not cause for vehicle replacement and be prepared to pay the milage on your useage for a similar car. Upgrades are not free and usually bartered. be prepared to choose a path of vehicle replacemnt or refund. rarely can you switch. My lemon took nearly 3 months to resolve. If you are happy with everything else with the car, have a regional service tech fix it at a differnt dealer.

NO tint, all STOCK, what did you get?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Instructor

step 0... shut up until its over (too late)
step 1... have a legitimate claim for your state.
step 2... consult a lawer
step 3... negotiate and open check book.

understand this is a negotiation to get out of the defective car not a trade up program. if you are happy to get it fixed... do it.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Senior Moderator

sorrry for not giving detail been busy

anyway the letter states that they are going to have a meeting with me and take my car in for one last time, they are going to loan me a car a no charge which they are doing now since i finally turned 21, anybody else gone thru this?

how can i mentally prepare for this meeting?

any tips?
THis is the final repair attempt. Now you will take the car in and they will have about a week to fix it. You do not have to pay for the loaner or the milage put on the loaner. You will have to pay for the mileage that you put on your TL, this will be subtracted from the price of a new TL or your cash back.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Advanced

THis is the final repair attempt. Now you will take the car in and they will have about a week to fix it. You do not have to pay for the loaner or the milage put on the loaner. You will have to pay for the mileage that you put on your TL, this will be subtracted from the price of a new TL or your cash back.

cool...thanks
Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SQUEAKS!!!!???? come one broo!! its a f*ckin car!!!! bentleys...yea... those are cars that cost 100 times the amount of ours n they squeak as much if not more dude!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:35 AM
NBP REPRESENT

SCREW TL-S and Rosenthal Acura

I HATE MY CAR...46 days at the dealership for parts replacemet since march...stup

i feel like my entire care has been replaced...new leathe ron al seats...new side mirors ...4 speakers, subwoofer rattles...new over head light switch...new sun visors...new brakes...new shifter trim...not to mention the dealership scratched my car up bad. rear spoiler replaced...new sun roof visor and new sunroof track...new tire...new battery...new rear strut dampners... I AM FED UP OF THIS SHIT!!!

Ive been in a dispute with acura for liek 2 months, this is my first time loggin back on the forum, i have had an mdx loaner since last wednesday 9-12-07...they told me it would be ready 9-14-2007...today is 9-21 and they told me i would be lucky to get it back this monday the 24th...

they wont buy it back...they want this one last time to fix it up...i wish they would give me a new car...i only have 8000 miles on the damn thing
Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Advanced

46 days at the dealership is ground for a lemon bro. Call a lawyer so they can represent you. If you don't have a lawyer in mind, do a search online for a lemon lawyer in your state. Keep us posted.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlacuraTL-S
I HATE MY CAR...46 days at the dealership for parts replacemet since march...stup

i feel like my entire care has been replaced...new leathe ron al seats...new side mirors ...4 speakers, subwoofer rattles...new over head light switch...new sun visors...new brakes...new shifter trim...not to mention the dealership scratched my car up bad. rear spoiler replaced...new sun roof visor and new sunroof track...new tire...new battery...new rear strut dampners... I AM FED UP OF THIS SHIT!!!

Ive been in a dispute with acura for liek 2 months, this is my first time loggin back on the forum, i have had an mdx loaner since last wednesday 9-12-07...they told me it would be ready 9-14-2007...today is 9-21 and they told me i would be lucky to get it back this monday the 24th...

they wont buy it back...they want this one last time to fix it up...i wish they would give me a new car...i only have 8000 miles on the damn thing

i hope this doesnt happen to me, im bringing it in, they scratched my door panel, i just want a refund or replacement
Old 09-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by InfernoAffairs
46 days at the dealership is ground for a lemon bro. Call a lawyer so they can represent you. If you don't have a lawyer in mind, do a search online for a lemon lawyer in your state. Keep us posted.

should i bring a lawyer with me to the meeting?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Safety Car

Im calling internal affairs maybe they can work something out.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Intermediate

That's unfortunate to hear and surprising at the same time considering Honda/Acura have one of the best QC processes in the industry...
Old 09-23-2007, 12:30 AM
NBP REPRESENT

fuck acura

ive been dealing with "ACURA CLIENT SERVICES" for like 3 months now and they finally are trying to fix my car...new everything...who are you guys dealing with? Jon geiger? justin meeks? I hate rosenthal acura, bunch of fing tards....i am so pissed about this whole thing i dont know what to do...i am thinking of selign my other acura too, i am done with honda...until i have kids...

anyone know of a good lawyer in the Maryland area?
Old 09-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Advanced

ive been dealing with "ACURA CLIENT SERVICES" for like 3 months now and they finally are trying to fix my car...new everything...who are you guys dealing with? Jon geiger? justin meeks? I hate rosenthal acura, bunch of fing tards....i am so pissed about this whole thing i dont know what to do...i am thinking of selign my other acura too, i am done with honda...until i have kids...

this is how i feel, i need a lawyer as well, im in Florida, Jacksonville, the dealer ship im dealing with is Acura of Orange Park, if anybody can help please dont hesitate to mention
Old 09-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Young man, you are in for a rude awakening. You will NOT get a new car out of this by swapping yours in. You will get the exact same thing you have MINUS a charge for the mileage on your car. That means you will come in with cash. Any type of vehicle upgrade will be extra out of your pocket.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:39 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"Until i have kids..."

Does that mean one's perception of Honda/Acura quality is better once you have kids?? Or the fact that having kids causes you to be less anal/more passive thus put up with the Honda/Acura vehicular/ service (dealership) flaws - however much worse they are than the next brand....?

Hmmmmmm....?

Good luck
Old 09-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Safety Car

I agree with u guys on clients services they're all a bunch of f*ckin speds. they dont even know what to say to u on the phone they almost have a heart attack when u ask them something n then they go "can u hold on one sec" all that typing is actually them checking their internal FAQs and what to say, then if they dont find it...its hold time n go ask the boss.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Yada, Yada, Yada

You could check this out --->

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89421
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I think you guys need to dump your Acura's and move on to another brand.

It's obvious that you are very unhappy with both the vehicle and the service you are getting.

I've been lucky so far owning a Honda for 3yrs and now an Acura for about a year with no problems to speak of.

Sure, the Pilot has some rattles, but I fix them as they come. So far the TL has been solid, but I only have 9K on it in 15 months of owning it.

I don't like the inconvenience of going to the dealer and only take it in for things that are really broken.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SMF-TLS

i see, thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Advanced

Read up on my thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/i-smell-like-month-old-sack-hot-garbage-163448/

My car's a real lemon and ur problems? Not even half as bad as mine. Welcome to Acura. Welcome to Hell.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Morbid

Hope I'm not late on this post, but, if it's a good lawyer you want I know one, that in my opinion, is one of the best. This guy is super smart and knows his shizz . Also, if you don't have a case he will tell you and not waste your time or his.

Brian R. Bregman
attorney at law
301-937-3300
Old 11-02-2007, 12:33 AM
NBP REPRESENT

my problems have been resolved...

I have had EVERYTHING replaced and now I can enjoy this damn piece of shit(lol)

Yes i dealt with jon geiger

And Justin Meeks was fired(thanks to me)

If you need to deal with anyone talk to Anthony Dalia at ext 115092 he is out of town now, but will be back next week

PM me If you have any questions

Quick Reply: My 07 TL Is a Lemon