MUSIC + RAcing = ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007 | 10:01 PM
Instructor

MUSIC + RAcing = ?

ok so i have always wondered how different people feel about racing with music i would love to know what you guys think about it. and if you guys enjoy music while racing what music? and why? also not just for racing but how about when ur just speeding on the freeway weaving in and out of traffic? ( yes i know that stupid to do but sometimes going 80mph while people are going 70mph is not really speeding. well it is but i think u know what i mean.)

as for me i guess it just depends on what im feeling that day sometimes when im driving to school at night ( LOng Beach State) i love listening to some BoneThugs or some Three6Mafia or some where along the lines of those type of music i dont kno why i guess it just mellows me out. But if im speeding and weaving in and out of traffic i like listening to more upbeat music and maybe some rock ex. Thrice, Linkin Park, UnderOath, and sometimes even some techno i gues it just gets me in the mood to go fast. on the contrary tho when im seriously racing i turn off my sounds ( 2 12's on 2 1600 amps with a custom BoX it brings a nice sound to my car) i guess i like to hear the sound of the engine instead of music that and i enjoy a nice roar of an engine over any melody on a system any day of the week

V-Tec = great sound
Old 03-26-2007 | 10:11 PM
I need 2 more gears

I like to listen to Slipknot, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed, White Zombie, etc. when I seem to drive more agressively. When I mellow out and just cruise I listen to 70's rock.
Old 03-26-2007 | 10:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sbuswell
I like to listen to Slipknot, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed, White Zombie, etc. when I seem to drive more agressively. When I mellow out and just cruise I listen to 70's rock.

Slipknot, Lamb of God, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed great choices i as well seem to put on some of these bands when im driving VERY agressively specially Mudvayne and disturbed.
Old 03-26-2007 | 10:26 PM
3.2TL

Straight Techno, BPM (Beats Per Minute) on XM radio. Makes me go fucking Nuts. But sometimes I listen to Salsa when I mellow out and some old school hip Hop.
Old 03-26-2007 | 11:50 PM
Drifting

i listen to hip hop any time, speeding or chilling. when i race, i turn everything off and just listen to the sound of my engine.
Old 03-27-2007 | 01:14 AM
WDP Is Faster

When zipping through traffic and whatnot..i turn the music up..but when running w/ other cars, i turn off everything and focus on my surroundings..plus listen to what they have in the car haha.
Old 03-28-2007 | 01:18 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

I like istening to other cas, it's a good change from my music, heh sometimes I listen to exhaust clips as well.
Music doesn't really effect the way I drive anymore, thank god. If it did I would've had a few tickets to say the least. I listen to music while cruising, but I could listen to that same music while driving fast as well. These days I love playing Test Drive Unlimited, and believe it or not I get a lot of my speed cravings rid of through playing that game. First person view plus weaving in and out of traffic in a Ferrari is fun, but you can just call me a loser.
Old 03-30-2007 | 09:08 AM
Racer

BPM ftw.... my driving is effected by music. i notice when i listen to easy listening type, instrumental, or even mellow love songs, i drive speed limit and smoothly and softly.... but then when there's hip hop and upbeats like ludacris, lil jon, anything like that, i'm an asshole driver and i get pissed off when people drive too slow(speed limit), especially on a two lane road and people drive side by side and can't go any faster... dumb asses, and then there's trance/techno like BMP or THE SYSTEM on XM radio.... damn, i just straight speed and weave in and out of traffic... but smoothly... when i race, i turn down radio, i like to hear my engine and their's if i can to tell what gear they're in.
Old 04-01-2007 | 03:32 AM
08 Civic SI

whenevr a song with a fast pase comes on i tend to be heavier on the pedal, m comute to work is always fun. 3am + 295 with no cars + =
Old 04-01-2007 | 09:21 AM
Racer

depends on my mood... I either turn the music up all the way or I turn absolutely everything off (a/c, radio, etc.) so that it's just me and the car goin at it... when the music's off, I don't even need to look at the spedometer to know the exact moment I have to switch gears
Old 04-01-2007 | 03:41 PM
Meridian

Originally Posted by sbuswell

I also listen to Meshuggah and All That Remains.