Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kbp Or Cbp
Old 09-23-2007, 10:35 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Originally Posted by sunny201
Why isnt there a poll on here?
We all know if there was a poll, NBP would win!!!
I turn heads everywhere I go, whether its my always clean NBP, the hott looking DUBs, or me

I think MRP would be second, and then KBP.
if you know how to put a poll on here i would appreciate it or anybody else for that matter
Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TLType-s12
dude take another look.............yes i understand NBP is a great color. This the reason why I wanted to start this thread because I go down and the street and peoples heads snap off theyre leaning much. The NBP blends in with the other cars. Thats all Im saying. Back to my question. WHICH COLOR THAT THE TLS COMES IN GETS THE MOST ATTENTION!!!?? if you think that NBP gets more attention than the KBP does then like I said......TAKE ANOTHER LOOK!
Man, you are trippin'. It ain't about your color being a good color why people notice it. If it was orange, then it would get the most attention, or lime or fuscia or friggin rainbow! You think those are the best colors to look at? Has nothing to do with if it's a "good" color or not, or even popular, it's just that it is ECCENTRIC BECAUSE OF THE "KIND" OF COLOR IT IS. That neon or electric color. So because it sticks out in that way, people would look. I would get tired of it after a while, merely novelty IMO. People look at your color to see what it is. Maybe like it, maybe not. People look at NBP and not only marvel at it, but WANT it! There are more people that see NBP and want to buy one, than want to buy your color. THAT'S why you see so many of them. Keep it real bro!!

NBP is sporty, flashy, and classy and it's forever, not a gimmick. And hell yes it turns heads when I go down the block - even if I go down YOUR block! So don't get it twisted. Your color is merely "brighter", so that's why. If that makes you feel good - ok. But to me, to use a football analogy: A trick play by a team gets the crowd roaring for a play, but the team that is dominant on both sides of the ball for the "game" - is the best!

NBP IS DOMINANT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

if you know how to put a poll on here i would appreciate it or anybody else for that matter
Hahahaha...we already did a poll - NBP won!!! KBP wasn't even second, it was WDP. (why, I don't know)

Man, NBP dominates this forum and the streets! It is clearly the crowd favorite. Our (NBP & KBP) may BOTH make people look...but mine makes people BUY!

Look around bro! We got this!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
NBP IS DOMINANT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL!!!
NBP won't be so dominant if it's dirty, which is not hard at all!

Don't get me wrong. I love black cars, and my previous one was a black. Black is still my favourite car colour although I didn't get one. I think with my previous car, I spent way too much time washing and detailing it rather than enjoying the ride.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:14 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by ck25
NBP won't be so dominant if it's dirty, which is not hard at all!

Don't get me wrong. I love black cars, and my previous one was a black. Black is still my favourite car colour although I didn't get one. I think with my previous car, I spent way too much time washing and detailing it rather than enjoying the ride.
I feel ya...gotta keep it clean, but that is the thing - as hard as people claim that it is to keep NBP clean - it is still the one they want to buy! So what does that tell ya? I gotta wash my car tomorrow...but dammit when I do...the heads will turn! I rode Stella down I270 on Saturday, she needed a bath - but a guy in a SSM 2G TL rode past with some nice rims and slowed down to check it out and smile at her! See - don't hate the playa, hate the game!

I don't care what color you buy, if it's that dirty, it ain't gonna look so hot. That's real.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
White makes this car look like a completely different vehicle that people think is twice as epensive. You can see all the curves and details of the car and it is the most noticeable at all times of the day or night. NBP and WDP pass you at night, the black is just another dark shape, but the white turns your head as it goes by. Thats how I decided on white. I was deciding on colors at night and the white simply stood out from all the other colors. Blue (kbp) is also fairly noticeable, but in a bad way imo...I cant help but think of all those blue wrx's and it makes me think rice.

White has the added benefit of being one of the safer colors because people notice white more whereas they tune out silver and the darker colors. The problem with white is that it has made me semi obssessive with keeping it glistening clean.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 PM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Now, only if Acura offered -->THIS COLOR<-- , it will be no contest and neck braces will be required to view.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Instructor

I don't care what color you buy, if it's that dirty, it ain't gonna look so hot. That's real.
A black car looks the best IF AND ONLY IF it's clean and detailed. Otherwise, ANY colour will beat it.

Just my
Old 09-23-2007, 11:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leedogg
White makes this car look like a completely different vehicle that people think is twice as epensive.
I concur to this. With our strong Canadian dollar, I've been going south to shop a lot in the past few months.

Whenever I cross the American customs with my WDP TL, they would ask questions like "do you own the car" or "how did you pay for it", but they would never ask these questions if I drove my dad's Lexus RX400h.

This makes me think people who are clueless about cars will believe my WDP TL is a super expensive car, even more expensive than a RX450h. And my belief is quite true. My friends who are clueless about cars think my car is super expensive. They are always surprised when I told them the price.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

A black car looks the best IF AND ONLY IF it's clean and detailed. Otherwise, ANY colour will beat it.

Just my
LOL...stop sippin' before you come on here! That is way, way out there as far as unreal!

Yeah, to each his own, but I turn heads washed or not! Night or day! Spring, Summer, Winter, or Fall!!

For the people in the back: For the record - STELLA HAS NEVER BEEN DETAILED! And she kicks ANUS!! She was kicking ass on here damn near stock! So go ahead with that "detailed" stuff. She is going to get detailed next Monday tho, for the first time. So that gleam you see now, is good old-fashioned N-B-P!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:36 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Although I have a WDP, I would say a CLEAN and DETAILED NBP looks the best for ANY CAR.

But 90% of the black cars I see on the street are not even clean.

For the TL, I personally think the KBP is the most unique colour, and I would definitely turn my head if I see one.

As for WDP, NBP, and ASM, there are just way too many out there on the street to make my head turn, unless it's a CLEAN and DETAILED NBP.
traitor
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by leedogg
White makes this car look like a completely different vehicle that people think is twice as epensive. You can see all the curves and details of the car and it is the most noticeable at all times of the day or night. NBP and WDP pass you at night, the black is just another dark shape, but the white turns your head as it goes by. Thats how I decided on white. I was deciding on colors at night and the white simply stood out from all the other colors. Blue (kbp) is also fairly noticeable, but in a bad way imo...I cant help but think of all those blue wrx's and it makes me think rice.

White has the added benefit of being one of the safer colors because people notice white more whereas they tune out silver and the darker colors. The problem with white is that it has made me semi obssessive with keeping it glistening clean.
Whateva man - Leedogg, we gotta do that ebony/ivory thing one day bro! Crazy mofo!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:54 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

to leedogg

WDP is by far the most attention grabbing at night, and probably the nicest color at night. NBP on the other hand by far looks the worst when dirty.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco

to leedogg

WDP is by far the most attention grabbing at night, and probably the nicest color at night. NBP on the other hand by far looks the worst when dirty.
That's because you have a lot of bling, bling going on. Chromed out is gonna make em look everytime. Eccentric. But just regular or stock...nope! No way it stands out better than an NBP. Now, I don't mean what's more noticeable, because yes it's obvious that at night, white is illuminated more. I go out of the way to make Stella stealthy anyway.

But sitting side by side, with no A-spec - a stock WDP can't touch a stock NBP with both washed and wheels dressed! That's a fact Jack! The WDP looks downright ugly plain, and has that two-toned rear that takes it out of any comparison test IMO. Why you think people go so far to "jazz" them up?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

By the way^^^^that was before I took the chrome rims off! She hides in the night even more now.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:38 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts

But sitting side by side .... The WDP looks downright ugly plain, ....

Easy there my friend. We all know you are the President, CEO and Chief Cheerleader of the NBP Fan Club and understand your enthusiasm. Heck, you've made the promotion of NBP a fine art.

But it's a bit harsh when you tell all the WDP owner's (me included) that their cars are "downright ugly."

I don't think even you believe that. You know at the end of the day, it's really about personal preference and "best" becomes something that can't be defined by one person's opinion.

BTW - I agree. KBP is more of a "head turner" because it's so different; Not nedessarly in bad way. But it sure does stand out in a crowd.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 AM
07TL-CBP

hehe,
Darksom, your TL is almost invisible - I hope it is just the lighting . You gotta get a better pic - otherwise Costco won that one.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by pokin
hehe,
Darksom, your TL is almost invisible - I hope it is just the lighting . You gotta get a better pic - otherwise Costco won that one.
LOL...if you read my post - that's a compliment! I was TRYING to make it that way!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
well my vote would be WDP....hehe...just ask Allon (Blackura) Why do you think he converted ??? lol sorry guys..
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Easy there my friend. We all know you are the President, CEO and Chief Cheerleader of the NBP Fan Club and understand your enthusiasm. Heck, you've made the promotion of NBP a fine art.

But it's a bit harsh when you tell all the WDP owner's (me included) that their cars are "downright ugly."

I don't think even you believe that. You know at the end of the day, it's really about personal preference and "best" becomes something that can't be defined by one person's opinion.

BTW - I agree. KBP is more of a "head turner" because it's so different; Not nedessarly in bad way. But it sure does stand out in a crowd.
LOL...And remember, I'm not only President...

Maybe "downright ugly" was extreme...hope I didn't offend, I didn't mean to say it's ugly...how about it just doesn't look right plain? A lot of the other colors don't either. (look good "plain")

There are some very nice looking WDP's on here, so no, that's not what I meant. Thanks for grounding me on that one Bear!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:56 AM
07TL-CBP

B4 the thread explodes....
Seriously, not a lot of cars can pull off these two colors well - black and white. I say they both winners alongside KBP. The trophy goes to whichever shows the best in its ideal condition or environment.

Of course, I will give CBP the all-audience handsome award.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Instructor

dude take another look.............yes i understand NBP is a great color. This the reason why I wanted to start this thread because I go down and the street and peoples heads snap off theyre leaning much. The NBP blends in with the other cars. Thats all Im saying. Back to my question. WHICH COLOR THAT THE TLS COMES IN GETS THE MOST ATTENTION!!!?? if you think that NBP gets more attention than the KBP does then like I said......TAKE ANOTHER LOOK!
I understood your post. If you don't like the answer don't post. A clean NBP will get tons of looks. KBP would be a very close second, maybe tied for first, because people are like, what the hell is that guy thinking getting that color .
Old 09-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
My vote is for KBP - which I would have had if there was a MT in my area. This car really stands out and will attract attention - which can be both good and bad.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:37 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Just in case, for clarity's sake, I was referring to those WDP's that were PLAIN or STOCK with no A-spec, tint, no nothing! Ugly may be too strong even to describe those, but it is not far from it! LOL!

FYI: If you did anything to your ride (WDP'ers)...this doesn't include you! Which is probably everyone of you WDP owners on AZ becuz you trying to catch up with NBP so you HAVE to mod it, thereby excluding yourselves from the list! Hahahahaha!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

IMHO, nothing stands out like a clean, shiny NBP --- ESPECIALLY at night. Why? Everything reflects off of it... you can practically see yourself in the shine.

With that said, my next vehicle (if it's an Acura) will be WDP or KBP. I'm tired of the upkeep on my black whips (TSX and MDX - both black on black) --- and I've had a few, although it *is* a labor of love

As far as the TL-S, in terms of my preference, I'd say WDP, followed EVER so closely by NBP and KBP (tied). WDP looks so "sophisticated", and I really think that's where the whole VIP scene will be going (i.e. away from black). The KBP is so "sporty", and I think it draws attention in a positive way. The whole smoked out theme is perfect for NBP --- I just don't want to spend all my freetime waxing and wiping down.

The funny thing? I say this now --- and at the end of the day, I'll quite possible end up with a NBP LOL. Just when I think I got away??? They...pull...me...back...in...
Old 09-24-2007, 11:59 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by amadeus303
The funny thing? I say this now --- and at the end of the day, I'll quite possible end up with a NBP LOL. Just when I think I got away??? They...pull...me...back...in...
It is your destiny...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Most head turning: KBP

Best all-around color: WDP

As SouthernBoy mentioned, some colors look better on certain cars...and WDP is it for the TL.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Wdp Ftmfw....
Old 09-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
GAWD- some of you postwhores......
Old 09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Intermediate

Beautiful In A More Luxury Than Sport Way...

CBP gets lots of attention but mostly from other luxury vehicle owners , because you simply cant deny its beauty and presence.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
07 TL-S

My 06 NBP TL got a lot of looks, but then again it had some very nice 19s on it and I kept the car clean.
My 07 KBP Type-S gets plenty of looks as well, especially from other TL owners. I think they are both great colors.
I would think the red TL-S would get a lot of looks too. I've never seen on the road
Old 09-24-2007, 02:02 PM
6th Gear

CBP.... That's why I picked it! I'm a huge fan of the Slate Grey / Brownish Grey etc.

KBP comes in a close second for me.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
Kbp
Old 09-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

CBP All The Way
Old 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Most head turning: KBP

Best all-around color: WDP

As SouthernBoy mentioned, some colors look better on certain cars...and WDP is it for the TL.
Thats exactly what i think..............you are a smart man haha cause its true
Old 09-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Kang Ho

KBP. It's definitely the most different. There's no doubt that NBP is stunning after a nice wash, but if it's dirty...it's filthy dirty. NBP WDP FTW!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cbbutlercm
CBP gets lots of attention but mostly from other luxury vehicle owners , because you simply cant deny its beauty and presence.

wow not bad, cbp matches the wheel colors...

somehow i just felt ur car does not go along with the neighborhood...
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 PM
Trucki!!

KBP makes my head turn

I love my SSM, but its far from a head turner......but I don't really think that its just the color that turns heads. If the KBP was a standard color from 04 it wouldn't be too exciting anymore. I think the small touchs like rims, suspension and such that make me break my neck......no stock TL will ever make me look..
Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM
6th Gear

Kbp

I have to agree that there are too many TL's in the NBP,WDP and ASM. Almost everybody has that color............but not the KBP (which looks the best BTW) only two in Tallahassee and I have one of them.

Quick Reply: Most headturning attention getting color for TL