3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more acura customer service problems!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry more acura customer service problems!

ACURA SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!
so this is the story
i got my car for 27K 2 months ago
first the dealer promised me a 100K 10 year warranty FROM TIME OF SALE
i specifically asked him 6 times with witnesses there
i get my paperwork from acura and its 100K from time the car was in service
i spoke with acura service and the guy actually started to argue with me that im wrong and was not promised the warranty from time of purchase

second and even bigger issue is that when the car was certified
the dealer didnt change the warped rotors, the pitted and fogged headlights and both bumpers which they refuse to change or fix now
the rotors just got changed 3 months after i got the car
it took 6 trips to the dealer to get them replaced
now i find out that the bumpers and headlights were supposed to be replaced if there was damage to them at certification
when i speak the the dealer and acura customer service i just get the runaround

im almost out of options acura is about to meet my lawyer and he's not a nice person
any advice on getting acura to stop being con artists and replacing the damaged parts on my car?

oh BTW im dealing with plaza acura of brooklyn
Old 05-03-2007, 04:27 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tell them you plan on pursuing the repairs to the fullest extent, including legal help. Any mention of a lawyer will usually get them off their lazy asses to avoid any problems. Also, tell them you will be giving them horrible ratings on their surveys too. Acura hates that!

after all is said and done, find another dealership!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny--2k
tell them you plan on pursuing the repairs to the fullest extent, including legal help. Any mention of a lawyer will usually get them off their lazy asses to avoid any problems. Also, tell them you will be giving them horrible ratings on their surveys too. Acura hates that!

after all is said and done, find another dealership!
+1

Also advise the BBB and if you have paid anything via credit card, place the payment in dispute. That way, the credit card company forces them to take some measure to solve your problem....
Old 05-03-2007, 04:57 PM
TL SL ML :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FU*K ACURA (service)...ACURA is very disappointing to me
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Instructor

BBB is worthless too they take forever and then some to resolve anything
i'll just speak to the dealership owner and say the magic L word and get them to fix everything
FAWK dealers that try to people
Old 05-03-2007, 06:55 PM
I've been Canonized ;)

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Ok....first...warranties all start from mile 1, be very leary of anyone who tries to say otherwise. Extended warranties of say 6 years 100,000 miles really only give you 2 yrs. and 50,000 miles. The first 4 yrs. and 50,000 are covered by the factory warranty. It looks like alot at first, but in reality it isn't.

Now with the other problems you are dealing with. Is there any factory left or are you using the extended warranty? If factory, you should have any non- crash/driver related problems fixed w/o much resistance. If you do, ask to have an Acura district rep to look at your car to give his/her estimation of your car.
I've had know experience wirh "certified" cars or any legal rights you may have. That would probably warrant a lawyer's advice.

Good luck
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
^^^ r u sure? i heard warranty starts from the in service date??
Old 05-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by iodprod

ACURA SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!
so this is the story
i got my car for 27K 2 months ago
first the dealer promised me a 100K 10 year warranty FROM TIME OF SALE
i specifically asked him 6 times with witnesses there
i get my paperwork from acura and its 100K from time the car was in service
i spoke with acura service and the guy actually started to argue with me that im wrong and was not promised the warranty from time of purchase

second and even bigger issue is that when the car was certified
the dealer didnt change the warped rotors, the pitted and fogged headlights and both bumpers which they refuse to change or fix now
the rotors just got changed 3 months after i got the car
it took 6 trips to the dealer to get them replaced
now i find out that the bumpers and headlights were supposed to be replaced if there was damage to them at certification
when i speak the the dealer and acura customer service i just get the runaround

im almost out of options acura is about to meet my lawyer and he's not a nice person
any advice on getting acura to stop being con artists and replacing the damaged parts on my car?

oh BTW im dealing with plaza acura of brooklyn
Call Newsday and complain to them, a nice article in the newspaper will piss them off lol
Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Sounds like a dealer problem not a Acura problem
Old 05-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Instructor

well the original warranty is till 50K
im at 40K now so im still under warranty
the warranty would cover the lights and anything broken
the CERTIFICATION process requires the dealer to change the bumpers if there is any damage to them and the headlights if there is any pitting or fogging in the lenses
the brakes are supposed to be changed if the rotors, pads, calipers, lines, fluid if any parts are in questionable shape or broken
they didnt even change the rotors when they were warped and didnt even bother to resurface the rotors!!!!!!!!

and the worst part is acura customer service wont even consider helping me
they just say the dealer is privately owned and operates at its own digression
evil bastards!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:36 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
It does, but that part is relevant to the "time" part or 4 years. The mile 1 part is relevant to the mileage or 50K.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Pro

The lesson to be learned is: Ask the dealer to put everything in writing as to those items that you and dealer had both agreed to (including, w/o limitation, when extended warranty starts, change warped rotor, fix lenses etc), before you sign on the dotted line and part with your money. While your situation may be water under the bridge, you should still read the certification document carefully to see if you have any recourse. Good luck.

P.S. I think this is more of a dealership issue than corporate Acura issue, unless you know Acura has a standard protocol for certified cars where every dealer is required to follow.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Instructor

As someone else pointed out warranties ALWAYS start from mile 1.

If there was something wrong with the bumpers you should of noticed before you signed the paperwork. They would of probably agreed to fix it (in writing) had you pointed it out to them, or they may of gave you a better deal.

The warped rotors is a little harder to detect and you are justified in pursuing the repairs for those. But I think you are fighting a losing battle to get the bumpers replaced after the sale.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Instructor

if they would have gotten me the 150 point inspection papers at the time of sale they would have changed the bumpers
the thing is that me and my mother were there when the warranty terms were stated and with witnesses its a verbal contract and theyre just as liable for the verbal contract as a written contract
i still dont have my certification papers and ive been asking for them for months
this issue is most likely going to go higher then the GM at the dealer
Old 05-04-2007, 03:52 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if they would have gotten me the 150 point inspection papers at the time of sale they would have changed the bumpers
the thing is that me and my mother were there when the warranty terms were stated and with witnesses its a verbal contract and theyre just as liable for the verbal contract as a written contract
i still dont have my certification papers and ive been asking for them for months
Very winnable, but will no doubt take up a lot of your time, and maybe resources. But it's the principle of some things that make it worth the while! Go for it!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:54 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Why sign ANYTHING until you have all the other pieces in place (150 point inspection papers, certification, AND your verbal agreement on paper)???

A fucking dealer will "say" anything to sell you a car, but it's up to you to ensure you get it all in writing BEFORE you sign your life away.

Buyer beware.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jay0k
As someone else pointed out warranties ALWAYS start from mile 1.

If there was something wrong with the bumpers you should of noticed before you signed the paperwork. They would of probably agreed to fix it (in writing) had you pointed it out to them, or they may of gave you a better deal.

The warped rotors is a little harder to detect and you are justified in pursuing the repairs for those. But I think you are fighting a losing battle to get the bumpers replaced after the sale.
Actually, the warranty start at the "in-service" date, which is the date you take delivery of a new car, or the dealership puts it into service as a demonstrator. This was explained to me when we purchsed our car. We were originally looking to purchase a demonstrator with 4200 miles on it. The way it was explained to us was the warranty would be good for 4 years or 50K miles from the date the vehicle became a domonstrator, so in reality, our warranty was for 3 years and 9 months and 45,800 miles. However, the new one we purchased had (in writing) the warranty started at in-service, so essentially our 4 year 50K mile warranty is up at 4 years and 50,071 miles. Or at least that's what we were told, and that's what's on the paperwork. Being as we leased for 3 years @15K per year, I'm not to concerned because we'll be trading it before the warranty is up!
Old 05-04-2007, 08:16 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in the age of people trying to clean each other over left and right, get this sh1t in writing buddy!

good luck

mention that you'll be consulting an attorney...
Old 05-04-2007, 10:01 AM
2006 TL

I've gotten great service every time I go in for something. I go to Rallye Acura (Queens). It's about 30 mins from me (Paragon is 8), but once you find the dealer who knows the meaning of customer service, the extra driving = worth it.

And yeah, Acura HATES bad ratings on the surveys... Or you could write to Acura Corporate.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Pro

Verbal contracts are pretty much worthless when the written contract itself has what is called a merger or integration clause. This type of clause exists in almost all documents that are drafted by competent attorneys, and it means that all prior or contemperaneous verbal agreements between the parties are reflected in or merged into the written contract. In simple terms, it means all verbal contracts are inadmissible as evidence (ie. worthless) if they contradict the terms of the written agreement. So, you have a steep uphill battle.

Sometimes, judges may be sympathetic with unsophisticated consumers and try to persuade big business to make a fair offer or settlement. If you sue and are represented by a good lawyer, you may be lucky enough to get a kind hearted judge to side with you. But most lawyers don't take cases like this, so don't count your blessings too soon. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2007, 09:19 PM
aw1
Pro

stay away from Acura of Brooklyn aka plaza auto mall. the sales ppl are great, but the service ppl suck!!! a**holes crash a car with brake problems into my 3 month old TL in the service area. all they were willing to do was repaint my bumper. pretty much a take it or leave it offer. should called the cops and filed a report. i live about 10mins away from them but bring my car to paragon acura in queens for servicing.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
They offered to fix it - I assume at their cost - what else would you expect?
Old 05-04-2007, 09:33 PM
aw1
Pro

Originally Posted by SteveP66
They offered to fix it - I assume at their cost - what else would you expect?

what did i expect? i expected a new bumper. my car only had 3k mines on it at the time. it was not a 5 mph bumper to bumper hit, more like 20 mph. i was standing only 5 feet away when it happened.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Even a new replacement bumper would have to be painted.........

If the hit it at 20mph I'm surprised there was no other damage behind the bumper
Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 PM
aw1
Pro

rather have a new painted bumper if you seen what they did to mine. they had to fill in the holes, gouges and cracks. not sure if there are any damage behind the bumper. probably will find out when i install the tls tails in about a week.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

gouges, cracks and holes........oh my j/k...

didn't sound that bad from your first post.......did they fix any of it or is it still cracked up
Old 05-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Instructor

speaking of surveys.... i never got mine... wtf?
Old 05-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
If it started from the service date, then whatever you are bringing it into for service wouldn't be covered because it occurred before you brought it in for service.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Instructor

PROGRESS
i went to the dealer today and had a nice (not nice) talk to the GM and used car manager
they completely refused to work on the front bumper and the headlight
they agreed to fix the rear bumper though so at least that's done
now
im going to have the regional manager come to the dealership and inspect the car to make sure it complies to the acura certification process
here's the list of steps still left to get completed

• Certified Warranty Booklet• Vehicle History Report copy (Title History Check)• Copy of HCUC 150-pt. Inspection Checklist in Glove Box (Once completed)
7. Floor mats—replace mats, unless in good condition
35. Wind noise/squeaks/rattles
39. Tire or steering wheel vibration
87. Headlights—high/low operation and headlight aim, cracks, chips, scratches, pitting
130. Front bumper—facia, guards, finish
131. Grille—headlights, other lights, trim, emblems
138. Rear bumper—facia, guards, trim
144. Windshield/glass—cracks, chips, scratches, pitting