Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MN Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MN Window Tint

I want to get my windows tinted in the Twin Cites area in MN. I've seen a few MN people on the board, so I thought I would ask if any of you have had your windows done or have a recommendation for a high quality installer.

I'm nervous that if I just take it somewhere, it might not turn out.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-22-2004, 05:50 AM
Intermediate

I had my windows tinted by Sun Control up by Buerkle Acura. They do all the tinting for Buerkle and are familiar with the TL, so they install felt. I had them put on Formula One Pinnacle. Didn't have any problems and it looks good.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Pro

Which office did you go to? I think they are the ones who I'd heard about in Eden Prairie. Do you have a Nav, and if so, did they have a ceramic film to use?

Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hypertech, Formula 1 Pinnacle is a ceramic film, Huper Optik also makes a ceramic film and cost is a little more than metallic or dyed. I believe 3M also has a ceramic film. Do a search on ceramic film for info.... Most folks have 20% or 35% all around and it looks really good. Post some pics after you get it done......
Old 10-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro

Hawhyen, thanks for the info. I called the shop suggested by danger mouse, and I was pretty happy with the guy I talked to. He knew about the moleskin right away and included it in the quote he gave without me even having to ask about it.

To top it off, they are actually really close to my house. It always seems to happen that I wind up going across the city to get things done.

The installer also said they don't carry 35% ceramic (only 50%), but would be happy to order a roll if wanted it done in that. They just wanted a deposit, and that sounds fair to me.

The limit here is 50%, so I thought I would get 35%. 20% might be pushing it, and I'd prefer not to get a ticket. It will be a couple weeks before they get the tint and I have a chance to get them the car. I'll definately post pics when I get it done.

Is there a benefit to having the sides windows done in ceramic too? Or is better to do metalized on the side and ceramic on the rear?
Old 10-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hypertech
Hawhyen, thanks for the info. I called the shop suggested by danger mouse, and I was pretty happy with the guy I talked to. He knew about the moleskin right away and included it in the quote he gave without me even having to ask about it.

To top it off, they are actually really close to my house. It always seems to happen that I wind up going across the city to get things done.

The installer also said they don't carry 35% ceramic (only 50%), but would be happy to order a roll if wanted it done in that. They just wanted a deposit, and that sounds fair to me.

The limit here is 50%, so I thought I would get 35%. 20% might be pushing it, and I'd prefer not to get a ticket. It will be a couple weeks before they get the tint and I have a chance to get them the car. I'll definately post pics when I get it done.

Is there a benefit to having the sides windows done in ceramic too? Or is better to do metalized on the side and ceramic on the rear?
Check out this post
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=tint on how 35% looks. You didn't mention your color scheme and the one pictured is AM/Ebony. Getting the sides done it will enhance the look even further IMO. I personally went with the same tint material on the sides instead of using different ones. They may have a different shade, not sure. Consult with the tinters about that.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Pro

That looks really good. I called the manufacturer and they claim the ceramic matches the metallized, but if they are ordering a roll for me anyway, I think I will play it safe and just have the whole car done the same.

I have a blue/quartz/navi, and I hope it turns out that nice.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Safety Car

Gonna be waitin' for the pics, and believe me, it's gonna look good!!!!! BTW, here's a link to an ABP with 20% https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/canadians-go-baghdad-human-shields-87966/ Check it out......