Sponsored by:

might be getting ANOTHER type-s

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:21 PM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking might be getting ANOTHER type-s

Just to start the thread off with some of the basic facts
-I bought my car in August 2008 (BRAND NEW)
-No break downs, no "MAJOR" problems (according to acura)
-Ive been back and forth to the dealership almost 13 times to make get warranty work done, of those 13+ times 3 have been regular maintenance.

So, recently like 3 months ive gotten just fed up with taking the car back and forth and i talked to the owner, or head of the acura dealership which is Bill here at Boardwalk Acura (aka sussman honda/acura/bmw) and said "Bill, I know that when i made my purchase at acura here I did it because reasons that were obvious Ive heard good things about you guys" and he said "I know, you told me that when you bought the car is something wrong?" and I said "Can you pull up how many times ive been here since august?" he does that and time goes on "And he said WOW (like he thinks its funny) you've been here a substantial amount of times, are you sure your car isnt a lemon, (with his crappy laugh). And that was about it, at that point I was ready to knock some heads around. So in all of my anger i said you know what it probably is so dont worry acura, and this dealership is going to be hearing from my lawyer"

Its been about 3 months since then and Ive been persistent I'm complaining about every little thing that i think is wrong with the car, and at this point i think they've had it with me. Not only that I really did get a lawyer, and shes been working with me for a while and i think im at the apex of this dilemma now, i have to drive to cherry hill, which is an hour or so away from were i live and there are going to be, not private mechanics, but someone hired by acura to check out my car. And while there checking out my car ill be breathing down there necks like no one has ever before. But anyways i just wanna really say if any of you guys really have problems with your cars and no one at the dealership, or at acura cares, get LEGAL and you'll have all the attention. And now im going to wait and see what happens I told them i was going on vacation from june 19 to july 2, so they are sending someone to check out the car july 24. Wish me luck and hope I get a new one, or my money back.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
cool man ... dealers can be irritating when it comes to warranty work ... they always break something when they fix something else ... hope everything works out for u
Old 06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok so you say that you haven't had any break-downs or major problems with the car.... but yet you've been to the dealership 13 times? And you want a new car??

Am I missing something here???
Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 PM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Thank you and no your not missing anything, but i did mention that it might be a lemon, i have been there a few times for the same exact reason.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Stand For Something

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
??????????????

You said that there have been no break-downs and no problems with the car.... How then is it a lemon???

...What the hell?...
Old 06-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Instructor

Maybe you could share with us about what's been wrong with the car? Your statements are way too vague.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Pro

How can you get a "new" one when the Type S has been out of production for almost a year?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:18 AM
Suzuka Master

^ i guess they can put him in a comparable car?? with similar mileage or sumthin ... i unno
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
A Happily Modded TL-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what problems did you bring it in for? rattles? fog light bulb out? heh
Old 06-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please share with us what the problems are. Right now, you seem to be "assuming" you are getting another car, but I wouldn't have high hopes. Just from your signature, it looks you have mods that will not be in your best interest since the guy from acura will use that against you.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I see your playing hard ball with Acura with all the lawyer talk. I suggest before you have it inspected trying to get your money back you might wanna bring it back to stock so they cant blame anything on you.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:53 AM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

In one of my previous threads, ive written that i have gone back to stock due because i have a heavy foot and im not great at saving gas I started getting 22 mpg in the city as soon as i went back to stock, I just never changed it back. Ive had 4 of the same electrical issues with my rear doors were it makes a beeping sound before it goes into the lock position they told me it was something they have never heard of before, my rotors in the front have been replaced due to mechanical error, my rear struts have been replaced 2 times the second time because of improper install, the bearing in the rear has been replaced because they were premature, my brake pads have been replaced 2 times also for excessive squealing, there have been more things in the past few months that i cant think of right now. And sorry for saying a NEW type s if i even did say that, i know they've been out of production, to me I consider it new. I meant to really say another. And yea VQpower ive been told the same thing either its money or another car with similar mileage, and condition im hoping for money, but we'll see.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jesus man. a client i did work for had his m3 lemon'd after like 7 visits.

if i were you i would call acura care and explain the situation to them
Old 06-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Squeeling brakes are not a safety hazard, they don't have to replace that under warranty if they don't want to.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
You don't get to add up problems from different areas under Lemon Law. It's usually the exact same problem, and usually at least three times for said problem.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

try to get a 6 spd if u can
Old 06-14-2009, 11:50 AM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Originally Posted by greco9885
jesus man. a client i did work for had his m3 lemon'd after like 7 visits.

if i were you i would call acura care and explain the situation to them
Man you have no idea how many times ive tried to explain, but like i said no one will care about you if your not totally serious so i got legal and they listen now. I guess its just how they work, and if they expect my loyalty to stay with Acura after all of this they are dead wrong Ive been ready to move on for a while now. I had a Prelude for my first car not a single problem ever, but after this im done with Honda, especially since this is a brand new car and i bought my lude for 1400$ with 108K on it. This makes me just rethink everything, but i do know not everyone has problems like me I was just the unlucky one.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:54 AM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
You don't get to add up problems from different areas under Lemon Law. It's usually the exact same problem, and usually at least three times for said problem.
I know that.lol and if you read post 12 i said that i had the same problems occur multiple times.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:55 AM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Originally Posted by VQPower37
try to get a 6 spd if u can
You read my mind exactly.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
They aren't going to lemon law the car for that. You can take it to court if you want, you'll lose. It's not like you've had to replace 3 tranmissions, or 3 engines. None of the "problems" have resulted in the car being inoperable, have they?

And if the rear struts had to be replaced because of a bad install............start going to a new dealer.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:00 PM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Never hurts to try Brad. And i dont know what inoperable means to you, but in my case it does leave the car inoperable because safety is one my concerns.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:02 PM
usc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brembos squeak. If you don't want squeaking brakes, get a base TL.

I've had Brembos squeak on my fixed up Accord w/ the Gran Turismo kit. I've heard countless squeaking from Mercedes, Porsches, Ferraris, etc... Basically anything with the 4-6-8-12 pot calipers. Brakes still work as intended, the noise sometimes just comes with it.

You said you had to go back due to repeated problems. Yet it sounds like some of the problems were due to the fact that you had it replaced/addressed in the first place. You can fault the technician for their incompetence. But I'm not sure if you can trace that back to the original parts during original factory installation.

Do you have a lemon? I don't think so, but hey, maybe your lawyer can make it happen for you. But having rotors replaced, pads replaced early... and admitted having a lead foot. I don't know. Sounds like standard wear-n-tear by someone who likes to drive the hell out of the vehicle they bought.

Instead of getting a new TL-S, I think you're better off getting your money back and going with a different manufacturer. I don't think Honda/Acura makes anything up to the standards that you're expecting.

But hopefully your lawyer can work some magic and I'm sure you're too tired to lay out all the details of the problem and perhaps there's much bigger problems looming that warrants the Lemon-Law to be invoked. But as you've described so far... it's not a lemon.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:53 PM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Originally Posted by usc
Brembos squeak. If you don't want squeaking brakes, get a base TL.

I've had Brembos squeak on my fixed up Accord w/ the Gran Turismo kit. I've heard countless squeaking from Mercedes, Porsches, Ferraris, etc... Basically anything with the 4-6-8-12 pot calipers. Brakes still work as intended, the noise sometimes just comes with it.

You said you had to go back due to repeated problems. Yet it sounds like some of the problems were due to the fact that you had it replaced/addressed in the first place. You can fault the technician for their incompetence. But I'm not sure if you can trace that back to the original parts during original factory installation.

Do you have a lemon? I don't think so, but hey, maybe your lawyer can make it happen for you. But having rotors replaced, pads replaced early... and admitted having a lead foot. I don't know. Sounds like standard wear-n-tear by someone who likes to drive the hell out of the vehicle they bought.

Instead of getting a new TL-S, I think you're better off getting your money back and going with a different manufacturer. I don't think Honda/Acura makes anything up to the standards that you're expecting.

But hopefully your lawyer can work some magic and I'm sure you're too tired to lay out all the details of the problem and perhaps there's much bigger problems looming that warrants the Lemon-Law to be invoked. But as you've described so far... it's not a lemon.
I guess honda isnt meeting my expectations, your statement makes 100% sense. And i think i have layed out all the details now, some of you guys think it isnt a lemon and some of you guys hope for the best we'll just wait and see, im just getting kind of eager is all.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
You will not be getting a new car just a FYI.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I wish you best of luck, but realistically you will be disappointed. The guy that is going to be there to check out your car is the District head.. I know this process all too well. Be prepared to get nasty with him, as he will belittle you and talk to you like you are a 3rd grader. It will get ugly.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,050 Posts
It sounds like you just got unlucky, all the problems are relatively minor. the best your lawyer can do is probably get a refund for any repairs you can pin on a bad mechanic. After that, take it to another (better) dealership.

As for the brakes, Hondas are known for making shitty brakes. They squeal, and the wear pretty quickly. They just do.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Acuras Only in

I say get something else ... as much as I love my type-s, if I had so much hassle with the repairs so far, I'd def. get another car, not even a TL ...
Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by usc
Brembos squeak.
Mine don't. I'm not saying I'm anything but an exception to the rule, but the exception does exist.

And no, I don't know which pads I have on the car. They were replaced shortly before I bought it.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Intermediate

My brembos don't either. As far as I know the pads are oem and do kick off a lot of dust but its not that big of a deal.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:10 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
My Brembos have never squeaked. I believe, as previously mentioned, this is an exception to the rule. Maybe you can try to lubricate the brake pistons to stop the squeaking?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:36 PM
usc
Racer

The squeaking/squealing comes from the pin where the pads are attached to the caliper. No, it doesn't always, but over time, it usually will. Some people's brakes squeal much louder than others.

But whether yours squeak or not, squeaking brakes is something that's not uncommon with Brembo brakes. You can put some more lube on the pin if you want, but the brakes work like a champ as they're designed regardless of the sound.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:05 PM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

Well anyways thank you guys for the input i just wanted to see what you guys thought might happen, but till the 24th ill be studying for finals and going on a vacation that'll get my mind off of the car. Ill post back as soon as i figure out any further news.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM
ADVANCE.

Man, hopefully you get your car issue resolved, good luck bro and good luck on your finals. Have fun on your vaca too.

PEACE!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mmp1214
In one of my previous threads, ive written that i have gone back to stock due because i have a heavy foot and im not great at saving gas I started getting 22 mpg in the city as soon as i went back to stock, I just never changed it back. Ive had 4 of the same electrical issues with my rear doors were it makes a beeping sound before it goes into the lock position they told me it was something they have never heard of before, my rotors in the front have been replaced due to mechanical error, my rear struts have been replaced 2 times the second time because of improper install, the bearing in the rear has been replaced because they were premature, my brake pads have been replaced 2 times also for excessive squealing, there have been more things in the past few months that i cant think of right now. And sorry for saying a NEW type s if i even did say that, i know they've been out of production, to me I consider it new. I meant to really say another. And yea VQpower ive been told the same thing either its money or another car with similar mileage, and condition im hoping for money, but we'll see.
my car also does that, but when i press the lock button (the one inside the car on the door) twice. it has never been a problem so i dont think thats an issue. maybe its different with you. but good luck with everything. i hope you get a problem free car.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Advanced

good luck with it. I hope you get another TL.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Osus14
good luck with it. I hope you get another TL.
lol he is not going to get another TL. Do people honestly think Acura or one of their dealerships would even consider giving someone a new car because they had some break and suspension problems? ummm no

The only way he will be getting a new TL would be by selling or trading his current one and buying a new TL haha
Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
New Jersey Lemon Law
"To qualify under the Lemon Law, the defect must substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle"

"i have a heavy foot and im not great at saving gas"
"my rotors in the front have been replaced due to mechanical error, my rear struts have been replaced 2 times the second time because of improper install, the bearing in the rear has been replaced because they were premature, my brake pads have been replaced 2 times also for excessive squealing"

Doesnt sound like a defect. Sounds like you need to drive a Mac Truck.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
New Jersey Lemon Law
"To qualify under the Lemon Law, the defect must substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle"

"i have a heavy foot and im not great at saving gas"
"my rotors in the front have been replaced due to mechanical error, my rear struts have been replaced 2 times the second time because of improper install, the bearing in the rear has been replaced because they were premature, my brake pads have been replaced 2 times also for excessive squealing"

Doesnt sound like a defect. Sounds like you need to drive a Mac Truck.
I agree. I was gonna say the same thing sounds like you are pretty rough on the car if not abusing it.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
What annoys me even more are people like this. They come into the dealership or an autobody shop all pissed because of issues with the car.

I typically help my brother out at a Honda dealership that he owns in Miami when im out there a few months out of the year. I cant even count how many customers come in with this scare tactic. They try to scare you with legal action and all we do is laugh because 9 times out of 10 ITS THE DRIVER causing the problem.

Maybe you approached the situation in a calm manner but, the ones i've dealt with start off with this nasty attitude which in turn brings up my defensive shield and quiet frankly, makes me not want to help them.

On a side note, since you've taken legal action im sure the lawyer for acura would have a field day if he found this thread.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

^^ yep its true... my father had to learn the hard way... i remember my dad bought an 08 altima and well the trunk wouldn't always open, the brakes were squealing like crazy... we tried the legal approach and well they were just complete douchebags the entire time and they promised to send us a navi w/ the car... and well that never happened too... we ended up trading in the car to some other place and bought an accord... much happier in the end =]

Quick Reply: might be getting ANOTHER type-s