Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Blues

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memphis Blues

My 2004 RRP Auto TL is having a tough winter…

Both passenger side rims have been run into the curb, they are a mess! The back passenger side tire has a gouge in the side wall, no idea how it happened!

My son spilled milk in the back seat. One floor mat and a large portion of the seat where covered. The dried milk on the seat would not come out with leather cleaner!

It sounded like a gun shot when a pebble hit the windshield, I was doing at least 75 miles an hour. By the time I got home the crack had run to about 18 inches…

I washed the car this weekend. I noticed a new chip on the hood, a large white scuff, the drivers’ side rocker panel, and what looks like a spot on front fender where the car was hit…

I know with a little time and elbow grease I can fix most of these problems. I’m ready for spring!

Commiserating to my Wife over a glass of wine she said, “It’s just a car”. I think I know what happened to the rims!

I’m just looking for sympathy…
Old 03-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like this....

Ah those years... my wife used to give the kids a cookie in the car... She knew.. that the one stressing over keeping it clean was me.. So yours knows your weakness.... I took care of the situation by us both having our own cars...

She is growing some weird mold in hers...lol.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Intermediate

I feel your pain

I certainly feel your pain. The construction on I-240 West is terrible. I hate all the dump trucks with uncovered loads. It is not against the law it should be. I have given up on washing my TL by hand until it gets warm and stays warm. I am also a father of two. I have out right banned toys and food from the car. Best of luck with yours. Maybe I'll see around.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mickey3c
Ah those years... my wife used to give the kids a cookie in the car... She knew.. that the one stressing over keeping it clean was me.. So yours knows your weakness.... I took care of the situation by us both having our own cars...

She is growing some weird mold in hers...lol.
Now isn't that the truth, and funny.......

My wifes Suburban gets a regular cleaning by me and I am constantly joking/giving her a hard time about what I find "growing" or otherwise in there. She does pretty good though considering all of her "soccer mom" duties and the amount of rug-rats she takes turn hauling around....
Old 03-09-2005, 11:03 PM
yo!

Originally Posted by dwhitten
I certainly feel your pain. The construction on I-240 West is terrible. I hate all the dump trucks with uncovered loads. It is not against the law it should be. I have given up on washing my TL by hand until it gets warm and stays warm. I am also a father of two. I have out right banned toys and food from the car. Best of luck with yours. Maybe I'll see around.
We should have a meet for all the memphis and bartlett guys....btw im a bartlett.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 AM
Advanced

Great to see some West Tennessee folks on the board! I’m starting to see more and more TL’s on the road here in the Memphis area!

I think we should get Acura of Memphis to sponsor a meet. They could get a vender to come down a demo a product(s), Merguiar’s Wax, Auto Zone, a window tint company…You get the idea. Acura of Memphis may be able to get some news coverage for the event, and we, Acura drivers, may be able to get discounts on stuff for our cars. Any how just a thought…
Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear

MEmphis Blues

Yeah, Acura of Memphis needs to sponsor an event. Where can I get aftermarket parts for my TL in Memphis???
Old 03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
6th Gear

Hi guys. I'm a newbie looking for advice. How are your experiences in negotiating with Acura of Memphis? I am a current owner (wife drives an 01 MDX that was bought at Acura of Memphis) and am interested in a TL w/ Navi for myself. They were willing to cut $2,500 off msrp on a new MDX without any negotiating. I haven't approached them about a TL.

It's difficult to justify getting an Acura, when as a FedEx'er, we qualify for VPP at Infiniti and can get their cars for $150 over invoice.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Advanced

They worked with me at Acura of Memphis. What sealed the deal, I needed a four door car. The TL has everything I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay. The G-35 Sedan was just too ugly for me! (I also work at FedEx) I left the Honda/Acura family just once in my adult life, I was disappointed. It’s good to be back, I really enjoy my TL!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
6th Gear

I don't want to turn this into a "Prices Paid" thread, but I did want to ask similar questions to rebel3.

Who did you deal with at Acura of Memphis?
What is their service department like?
How good is their selection of cars on lot?
Anybody getting deals there for a navi under $34,000 + TTL?
Doesn't 9.25% sales tax suck?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Advanced

John Crider was my sales rep. I walked out the door 2004 non-nav, auto, for something like 34K. I know I was going to have to make payments; I was driving to get the payment I wanted more than out the door price. I got 3.2% at the Memphis Teachers Credit Union.

John did a good job. My Wife is car salesman phobic! John laid way back and let the car sell it self. The service department has been pretty good. (I want to say great, but you have to work for that!) My first A-1 service included use of the shuttle service and they dropped my car off at my place of work when they where done. I have had a TSX loaner, and follow up calls from the service department, and John to make sure things are going good.

In short, I’d buy from John Crider at Acura of Memphis again, and have recommended both to friends and co-workers.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Intermediate

Sounds Good to Me

Originally Posted by streetracing901
We should have a meet for all the memphis and bartlett guys....btw im a bartlett.

Sounds good to me guys.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:14 AM
yo!

I dunno bout going. It would just seem weird for a kid to meet up with yall.

btw did anybody call Acura of Memphis yet? Or do yall want me to do it?
Old 03-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Suzuka Master

The roads and Acura of Memphis sales team are terrible and their prices are way too high.

The service department is excellent.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Intermediate

a-spec suspension

I just had the a-spec shocks and springs install at Acura of Memphis Wednesday. Guys, it is worth every penny. I found it on ebay for $769 from an Acura dealer in NJ. They had it to me in about 3 business days. Acura of Memphis charged $360 to install them and they had it done by lunch time. This was another good experience with their service department.

They really need to add threads for geographic locations (e.g. Greater Memphis Area). Does anyone know how set one up?
Old 03-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Acura of Memphis is looking into the idea of a meet.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

I find it hard to believe Acura of Memphis would give anybody a deal on anything. The last time i went there was to get the TL about a year ago and they were asking about list + destination + $500 for some protection package which they could not even describe. I told them i could and would get it for $34000 (1500 less) elsewhere. They said they would get back to me but they would not drop much. Next day i reserved one from Northpark Acura in Jackson. Drove to Jackson a week later and was in and out in 30 minutes. I highly recommend them.
Memphis called me back about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested and i told them i already bought one just like i told them i was going to do. 'Really?' 'Yeah'. They also sent me a sympathy letter from them stating they knew how stressful and intimidating purchasing a car from a dealer can be and they were there to help or something like that. oooh thanks.

BTW... If you are a DIY get your stuff from Honda if you want a really nice price.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dunno465
I find it hard to believe Acura of Memphis would give anybody a deal on anything. The last time i went there was to get the TL about a year ago and they were asking about list + destination + $500 for some protection package which they could not even describe. I told them i could and would get it for $34000 (1500 less) elsewhere. They said they would get back to me but they would not drop much. Next day i reserved one from Northpark Acura in Jackson. Drove to Jackson a week later and was in and out in 30 minutes. I highly recommend them.
Memphis called me back about 2 weeks later asking if i was still interested and i told them i already bought one just like i told them i was going to do. 'Really?' 'Yeah'. They also sent me a sympathy letter from them stating they knew how stressful and intimidating purchasing a car from a dealer can be and they were there to help or something like that. oooh thanks.

BTW... If you are a DIY get your stuff from Honda if you want a really nice price.
Ok, I was saying the service department was good not the sales staff. The sales staff would not budge on the price of mine either. Glad to know you were able to get a better deal. I am not much a DIYer.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Advanced

I brought my TL late September 2004. The 2005 TL where headed to the lot, that gave me some leverage. I also was willing to deal on the color combo’s. Acura of Memphis had several red TL’s on the lot and could not trade them out to other dealers. More important, I was ready to walk away from the deal if I did not get the number I wanted.

I agree 100% Acura of Memphis is the only game in town they really could use the competing from another Acura dealer in the city. Still, I got the deal I wanted and will go back.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Intermediate

Sounds like you will be going back soon if you keep allowing your wife to drive it!
Old 03-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dunno465
Sounds like you will be going back soon if you keep allowing your wife to drive it!

FEEL MY PAIN!

I’ll get the 6MT next time and she can watch me drive….
Old 03-31-2005, 07:57 PM
yo!

I just emailed Acura of Memphis about a Acura meet. Including all cars not just tl's. I also consider them bringing out the Acura's line of current cars for fans like us to try out.

well............not me but you guys can.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by streetracing901
I just emailed Acura of Memphis about a Acura meet. Including all cars not just tl's. I also consider them bringing out the Acura's line of current cars for fans like us to try out.

well............not me but you guys can.

And a young person shall show you the way...

Good Job Street Racer! Post the email address, we can all email them!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JRC3904
FEEL MY PAIN!

I’ll get the 6MT next time and she can watch me drive….
i feel your pain. my wife (well she blames our youngest) just slammed her mdx door into my side panel. grrr!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Advanced

When I pointed out the curb rash on both rims to my Wife, I get the it wasn’t me shrug. I pointed out that I park way out in the back of a massive parking lot, nothing. She drives the car down town to the gym, parks on the street, by a curb!

I priced new stock rims on Ebay and the black market form. Now she drives like she’s carrying grandma’s china!
Old 04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
yo!

Originally Posted by JRC3904
And a young person shall show you the way...

Good Job Street Racer! Post the email address, we can all email them!
The only email I could find was dmitchell@acuraofmemphis.com

They havnt yet replied, I would have called but it would just be funny for me to do it. Just a thing about my sn, its really old and stuck on to me, I dont support streetracing anymore. Its just plain silly, but then again every now and then wont hurt.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Ha! Car guys who get married live in their own, self-chosen purgatory.

Just remember this: A TL owner without a wife is like a fish without a bicycle.

I love women but they don't think like men. Especially when it comes to cars.

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard "It's only a car." That's like Madeline Murry O'Hare telling the Pope "There is no God."