Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man, I CANNOT believe this happened.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
Still kind of waiting for either the right pair of headlights to come along (not seeming likely at this point since I have an '06 and there probably aren't too many '06 headlights floating around out there), or for me to grow some ballz and do the damn mod myself. I have a nervous feeling about modifying my original lights, so that's why there's that hesitancy. ACTROS and I almost had a deal worked out where we traded light setups (his 2004 headlight housing complete with ballasts for my 2006 headlight housing complete with ballasts), but I was just too much of a pu$$y to do it! Something about changing the equipment that came from the factory just made me too skeptical about maintaining any sort of warranty clout if the need for factory repair to the electrical system per warranty every arose.
Wasn't that a factory swap tho? How would they know it wasn't originally in the car? It's marked as an 04 OEM? I know you can't use the ones you bought though right. Maybe a junkyard? Try that yet?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Safety Car

Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts
The 2005-2005 TL ballast mounting point is different than the 2006. Why I have no idea. I brought a set of used 05 headlamp and notice I need to trim some part of it to make the ballast fit.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darksom1
Wasn't that a factory swap tho? How would they know it wasn't originally in the car? It's marked as an 04 OEM? I know you can't use the ones you bought though right. Maybe a junkyard? Try that yet?
They probably wouldn't ever know that it was a swap unless they got crazy-detailed in their investigation, which if I know anything about my local Acura dealer, they certainly wouldn't. Certainly, though, the part numbers are different if fit and form have changed, so I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to figure out that the lights had been changed if you wanted to. Some guy earlier in this thread noted the difference in part numbers between the 2004/2005 and 2006 headlights, so the ballasts would have different part numbers as well, since they would be a different shape...so they would be able to mount correctly.

Oh...and no I have not tried a junkyard yet. The only junkyard in the general vicinity of where I live is some shithole USA junkyard that doesn't have much more than 20 - 30 cars and seems to specialize in stocking 1985 Buick Regals. There are very few junkyards around here - probably because it's a beach town, but I don't know for sure why.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ua6spec
The 2005-2005 TL ballast mounting point is different than the 2006. Why I have no idea. I brought a set of used 05 headlamp and notice I need to trim some part of it to make the ballast fit.
Was that difficult to do? Brett, maybe you can do that, if that is similar to your prob.

OT: ua6spec: I did my headlights like yours! Came out great! Thanks for the inspiration bro!

Back on topic: Try calling around Brett. Junkyards ship out too. Only think is, you can't inspect the part. But, you probably want original shit like I do so, meh.