Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnetbra

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:02 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnetbra

Hey guys. I just posted a response about the paint chips on my 5 day-old 06 TL. I'll keep this brief and answer any questions you have.

I found that having a conventional bra here in Chicago does more damage than good. Snow and ice getting under the bra mixed with salt and dirt destroyed my 94 Honda Civic's bra and was awful to the paint under the bra. When I purchased my 2001 Maxima and got some significant chips on the hood (the paint sucks on those, too), I was despirate for a solution. I did a search and stumbled on Magnetbra.com

I purchased a magnetbra from these guys, and it was awesome. It's like a refrigerator magnet that 'sticks' right to the car. Nothing gets under it and it conforms to every line and texture in the hood. At the time it was $45, but I see they now cost $50 plus $10 shipping. I'm not affiliated with these guys but believe their product could be HUGE if it was properly marketed. I never had a single problem with it.

I nearly fell over when I noticed three chips on my hood last night. I immediately went to magnetbra.com but they didn't have a bra listed. I emailed them and received this reply from 'Bob': "We recently developed a model for the 2006 TL but have not listed it on our site yet. We also don't have a photo so if you wish to purchase the bra and can email a good-quality digital photo of the bra on your car, we will refund the shipping charge."

I should have it by the middle of the week and will be happy to post pictures. I have a great picture of it on my Maxima if anyone wants to check it out (I can email it or you can teach me how to post a picture).

I've never seen another car with a magnetbra so always considered it my little secret. On one hand, I would love to be the only TL owner with this sharp modification, but it would be very rewarding to know I was the guy that led everyone to this product.

Mon TL haG
Old 11-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Team Nighthawk member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Send pictures of it on your TL. According to the website, the magnetbra is paintable so that you can match the color of your car. What color is your car and what color magnetbra did you purchase?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:19 AM
10th Gear

Mine is Anthricite. I can't imagine painting one. I don't think that would work well at all, but I don't know much about the flexibility of paint.

I purchased a black one.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In most of the pictures, the only protected area is the leading edge of the hood whereas a PPF application covers the entire front end. I tend to believe most people want that type of coverage.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:16 PM
10th Gear

After posting the information last night, I went out to take a closer look at exactly what it will look like, and I'm.....well.....anxious. The hood is much more narrow than the Maxima's. In addition, covering up the top portion of the brushed aluminum grill may look akward. We'll see. I'll post the pictures. Hopefully I didn't just waste $50.
MonTLhag
Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Instructor

I don't know if you've considered it, but what about a clear bra?

Old 11-12-2006, 01:00 AM
10th Gear

J -
I'm considering it more than ever. It sure seems like the way to go. I watched the video at http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html and am very intimidated by the application process. I guess I need to do a bunch of research and find out how much it costs here in the Chicagoland area. I don't even know where to start. Is it safe to assume you have one? If so, did you install it yourself? Thank you.
M-
Old 11-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MonTLhaG
J -
I'm considering it more than ever. It sure seems like the way to go. I watched the video at http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html and am very intimidated by the application process. I guess I need to do a bunch of research and find out how much it costs here in the Chicagoland area. I don't even know where to start. Is it safe to assume you have one? If so, did you install it yourself? Thank you.
M-
Start here. And for more info about PPF, here's the 3M Tech Data Sheet. This test may give you a little more insight on the properties of PPF.