Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lord Have Mercy On My Soul!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 08:54 PM
team wdp rescue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Have Mercy On My Soul!

...PLEASE FORGIVE ME.......ODOMETER AT 969 KM 31 KM SHY OF BREAKIN................HAD TO LET HER LOOSE,,,,,,OH MY GOD.......FOR YOU GUYS AND GALS STILL WAITING YOU BETTER HANG ON TO YOUR LEDERHOSEN!!! tHIS THING TRULY FLYS...NOW i KNOW WHAT EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT .........MAKES MY OLD 5.0 STANG LOOK ORDINARY (WELL BEACAUSE IT WAS) tHE ACCELERATION IS UNBELIEVABLY SMOOTH AND WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE SPEEDOMETER YOU CANT BELIEVE YOUR ALREADY GOING SO FAST.....i KNOW THERE ARE FASTER CARS OUT THERE....BUT I MUST SAY I AM IMPRESSED....WOW! :worship:
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE THAT!
Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 PM
team wdp rescue

...oh And The Brakes Are Damn Good Too!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
I can see the grin on your face...
Old 05-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Careful acuraforsure! I know what you do for work and you need to set a good example for people around you . Ohhh, to heck with it, no one pays $30K+ to drive it like a grannymobile. Even the most laid back drivers will have to open her up given the opportunity. I got her up to almost 5K rpm and mine isn't even broken in yet...300 miles. That power is too addictive. Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
My name is RL.

Cool Windows started tremblin'. With a sonic boom.

Originally Posted by acuraforsure
...PLEASE FORGIVE ME.......ODOMETER AT 969 KM 31 KM SHY OF BREAKIN................HAD TO LET HER LOOSE,,,,,,OH MY GOD.......FOR YOU GUYS AND GALS STILL WAITING YOU BETTER HANG ON TO YOUR LEDERHOSEN!!! tHIS THING TRULY FLYS...NOW i KNOW WHAT EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT .........MAKES MY OLD 5.0 STANG LOOK ORDINARY (WELL BEACAUSE IT WAS) tHE ACCELERATION IS UNBELIEVABLY SMOOTH AND WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE SPEEDOMETER YOU CANT BELIEVE YOUR ALREADY GOING SO FAST.....i KNOW THERE ARE FASTER CARS OUT THERE....BUT I MUST SAY I AM IMPRESSED....WOW! :worship:
Top speed? 135? 145? I am not condoning this because it is dangerous but hell, I ain't the boss of you. I'm just curious.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
team wdp rescue

YEAH......THATS WHY i DONT PUT MY STICKERS ON THE CAR......DONT NEED ANYONE KNOWING! .......STILLHAVEN'T COME DOWN YET!!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 PM
team wdp rescue

GO TL.........BELIEVE IT OR NOT i ONLY HIT 125KM BUT DID IT BETWEEN TWO STOP LIGHTS THAT WERE ONLY ABOUT 900 FEET APART......THUS HAVING TO PUT ON THE BRAKES TO MAKE MY TURN......BUT THE WHOLE TRANSACTION WAS SUPER SMOOTH ....i AM STILL UP!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:46 PM
You touch my tra la la...

i LOVE CAPS LOCK TOO OMG LETS START A TEAM FOR ACURA-TL BOARDS YAY!11!!!one!1
Old 05-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Racer

Figured you would have known this right after a test drive, *L*. I know I did.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

When your soul is ready to the lord to forgive, he will remember you taking his name in vain in your automobile. Accept him, accept him into your soul and you would never consider mistreating our lord Jesus in this manner.

He died for us all.

BJ
Old 05-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by boltjames
When your soul is ready to the lord to forgive, he will remember you taking his name in vain in your automobile. Accept him, accept him into your soul and you would never consider mistreating our lord Jesus in this manner.

He died for us all.

BJ
There's a thread killer.

I too have succumbed to the lure of the power. I now hate everyone who drives less than 80 mph. I have to make a real effort not to be the jerk who weaves back and forth trying to get around all the slow-pokes. I know I'll be getting a ticket soon.
Old 05-18-2004, 12:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
I now hate everyone who drives less than 80 mph.
Amen brother
Old 05-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
I too have succumbed to the lure of the power. I now hate everyone who drives less than 80 mph. I have to make a real effort not to be the jerk who weaves back and forth trying to get around all the slow-pokes. I know I'll be getting a ticket soon.

My wife had the nerve of accusing me of buying a faster car when I bought the '04 TL. She REALLY liked my 2G TL. Of course, she was totally right. My cruising speed is now 80 (traffic willing, don't want to hurt anyone!) and I'm very thankful I haven't gotten a ticket yet....

Hey BJ, aren't YOU taking the Lord's name in vain when you use it in sarcasm like that?
Old 05-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Racer

There's a thread killer.

LMAO!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Pro

...PLEASE FORGIVE ME.......ODOMETER AT 969 KM 31 KM SHY OF BREAKIN................HAD TO LET HER LOOSE,,,,,,OH MY GOD.......

As for your punishment, maximum speed on the hwy is 55 and no spritied driving for 1000 more miles!
Old 05-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Nice thing about the TL is that the person in the passenger seat can't see the speedometer and can't tell how fast you're actually driving this machine is so smooooth. :devil:
Old 05-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Racer

acuraforsure, I know how you feel. Enjoy it, but don't get addicted to the rush. The TL is sneaky fast and all too easy to feel that acceleration drug. I've felt that rush once and I want to feel it again, but will suppress that the best I can from now on. Here is my little tale of the rush I felt once.

I'm flying down I5 towards LA, pulling away from a G35 4d. The road has slight down grade and what few cars there are on the road are cresting around 90 mph. The passing lane is peppered with few left lane huggers, but the truck lane is wide open. I dart right and gun the car and feel the wind race by. The G35 behind me manages to keep up, but the increased separation is now peaking all of my senses. I quickly glance at the speedo and it's reading 140 (holy COW!). In the same manner, I glance the traffic left of me as they are racing by - backwards. I hit the gentle right sweep when the wife wakes and yells "what the hell are you doing?". BUSTED! I'm doing 85 and so is my my heart. The G35 finally races by and flashes his light because his wife is still sleeping. The rest of the trip is something around "I shouldn't have let you buy...." (her voice fades out in my head).

I don't condone this behavior and am shamed of it for having gone through it at my age. Furthermore, the ride in back of a police car would have been a total blow to my ego (not to mention how I'd feel if an unsuspecting car had pulled over in front of me). But, the traffic was light and fast and visibility was good plus the G35 on my tail was just the icing. This happened in Jan and never again so stop your flame guns and feel the adrenalin rush I experienced. Be careful out there.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Intermediate

Wink

Old 05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

Next time roll the windows down. Heck roll 'em all down. Turn down the radio. Accelerate rapidly with no letting up.

Sounds a little like a jet, right?
Old 05-18-2004, 11:59 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Old 05-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Racer

BJ,

Team Camel?

You Drive a Camel?

Pics please! One hump or two? (on the camel, not an offer!)
Old 05-19-2004, 08:34 PM
team wdp rescue

cassooner

yup...I hear ya! My wife wasn't too impressed when I mistakenly told her about it(she was sleeping at home ).......but she was more worried about the car!!!
Old 05-19-2004, 08:37 PM
team wdp rescue

f1fan

it sounded like a jet with em up........but I promise I will give it a try with them all down!!! :devil: ........oh well here I go again.......I guess I am going to end up here.. :devil:..................sorry legendcp...the punishment will have to wait.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by MyJohnson
BJ,

Team Camel?

You Drive a Camel?

Pics please! One hump or two? (on the camel, not an offer!)

The Camel interior is the most sophisticated of the cockpit choices. Please note that after two months we have over 64 members and not a single other interior colored Team has arisen in this forum.

Of this we are very proud. As it is said:

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." [Matthew 19:24]

BJ