Looking at this 2006 TL......

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009 | 10:43 AM
Racer

Looking at this 2006 TL......

Hey everybody, I'm looking at this particular TL here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

I wanted to see if any of you all are familiar with this particular vehicle or have any additional questions you think I should ask the seller....Thanks in advance!!

And the vin is 19UUA66256A025748.
Old 09-17-2009 | 11:17 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Looks nice.. SSM Navi AT, A-Spec body kit, debadged, deck lid spoiler, engine cover paint matched SSM, possible paint matched grille too (can't really tell with SSM ), AEM CAI intake.. they're asking too much.. anything above $16k is too much on this ride. This might be a members ride on the forum. Tell them to remove that eyesore dealership sticker.. I effin hate it when dealerships do that crap.
Old 09-17-2009 | 12:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Majofo
Looks nice.. SSM Navi AT, A-Spec body kit, debadged, deck lid spoiler, engine cover paint matched SSM, possible paint matched grille too (can't really tell with SSM ), AEM CAI intake.. they're asking too much.. anything above $16k is too much on this ride. This might be a members ride on the forum. Tell them to remove that eyesore dealership sticker.. I effin hate it when dealerships do that crap.
Thanks!!! I hadn't noticed all those updates so I'm glad I posted the link here. I am certainly not paying that much for the car either so if they want to sell it they are going to need to come back to reality!! LOL!! As far as that stupid sticker, when I saw that I thought to myself..."if I get that car I'm taking my girl's hairdryer to fry that off asap!!"
Old 09-17-2009 | 12:42 PM

I'm such a noob.. I think faster than I type.. One thing I would definitely check out if this dealer is near you, is the rear shocks & the rotors. if the rotors aren't smooth as glass (warped) or if the rear shocks are leaking it would be a good bargaining chip.. both of those items are prone to wear. Used car prices are high right now.. they might be very reluctant to drop so low.. You could probably buy a 3G TL-S for a little more but you have to be patient, I spent almost 6 mos before pulling the trigger on my TL. The upgrades to that 3G TL are nice but you could do the same for less than $1k..
Old 09-17-2009 | 12:48 PM
Safety Car

Did he also upgrade the interior trim to the 07/08 Type S carbon fiber look? The door trim, center console trim look just like my 07 Type S or is that what the 06's came with? When I had my base 07 it has a dark wood type trim.
Old 09-17-2009 | 01:06 PM
Racer

I'm such a noob.. I think faster than I type.. One thing I would definitely check out if this dealer is near you, is the rear shocks & the rotors. if the rotors aren't smooth as glass (warped) or if the rear shocks are leaking it would be a good bargaining chip.. both of those items are prone to wear. Used car prices are high right now.. they might be very reluctant to drop so low.. You could probably buy a 3G TL-S for a little more but you have to be patient, I spent almost 6 mos before pulling the trigger on my TL. The upgrades to that 3G TL are nice but you could do the same for less than $1k..
The dealer is not near me but interestingly enough, my sister just got an 05 TSX a couple of weeks ago from Atlanta and found a very reputable/knowledgeable mechanic who provides mobile vehicle inspections. He did a great job for her and was able to help my sister get a new tire, 02 sensor, plus the price dropped...I think I will give him a call if this looks like a go....

Majofo, why do you think the car is only worth 16k? I was thinking it was closer to 18k since it's an 06 with under 50k miles and has navigation. I have noticed that it is really a buyer's market right now and that most of the TLs on ebay in general are not selling and are having to be relisted several times. But as you mentioned, there's no need to rush...I've wanted this car since I joined the forum in 05 so a couple more months can't hurt if this doesn't pan out....
Old 09-17-2009 | 01:20 PM

^ you're right.. it does look like the carbon fiber inserts but the center console is still the wood trim..

In regards to price.. the black book would be the way to go but since you need a subscription the 2nd choice I go by is the KBB 80% rule.. you take the trade-in value of the car.. let 's say this is excellent.. it would be almost $18k.. x 0.80 = $14k... so $16k is a reasonable price to pay but you have to talk to the right people..