Letter from Acura about sticker booboos

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003 | 07:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Letter from Acura about sticker booboos

I got this letter in the mail from Acura that addresses some well-known issues we knew about even before the release around here. I suppose it is going to the owners of cars with early VIN numbers. When I visited my dealer recently, I was given a modified window sticker without the incorrect information. Oh, well, now I've got a correct one and an incorrect one. Doesn't matter, the car still rocks.

Said by Acura
Dear Bob:

Thank you for your purchase of an all-new 2004 TL. We are confident that your new Acura will bring you many years of enjoyment.

We regret to inform you of two typographical errors that occurred on some TL window labels. The label on your vehicle may indicate that your TL is equipped with front and rear belt pretensioners. TLs are equipped with front seatbelt pretensioners, but not front and rear as may be listed on your label. Also, your window label may read "power outsdie mirrors with turn indicators," however, 2004 TL models do not have turn indicators on the outside mirrors.

Your all-new TL features a wide array of the latest safety technologies including side and curtain airbags, vehicle stability assist (VSA), and many other standard features. Rest assured, your new TL was manufactured as designed and meets or exceeds all safety regulations.

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Thank you again for your TL purchase and for your understanding concerning this matter. If you have any questions or concerns please, do not hesistate to contact Acura Client Services directly at 800-382-2238.

Sincerely,
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

Richard Colliver
Executive Vice President
Automobile sales
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:08 PM
Racer

They must have confused the TL's mirrors with the TSX's. Too bad the letter didn't say that they misprinted the horsepower rating and that it should read 300 !! haha! that would be nice...
Old 11-03-2003 | 08:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Good for Acura. It takes a big company to admint a mistake.

Thanks, Bob, for sharing that letter.
Old 11-04-2003 | 09:24 PM
Advanced

I also got a letter stating that "Onstar was not available"... it was worded similar to your letter neuronbob except it just mentioned the Onstar typo...
Old 11-04-2003 | 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by turbowhat
I also got a letter stating that "Onstar was not available"... it was worded similar to your letter neuronbob except it just mentioned the Onstar typo...
I'm sure I'll get one of those too then...I'm still a little disappointed about that. Now I'll have to pay for Lojack as a vehicle locator.
Old 11-05-2003 | 10:01 AM
Racer

I didn't get a letter but when I bought my car two weeks ago, the dealer showed me a similar letter and I had to sign it.