Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Seat Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by caball88
hahahaha i did the same thing. after that i switched back to lexol(spray) it works alot better than the meguairs. the leather absorbed alot of the conditioner and the seat now feels better. i still get the butt prints but the some parts of the leather that looked and felt a little dry are not anymore.
Another Lexol convert here. I tried Meguiars and then switched to Lexol based on the many recommendations here. (Thanks everyone!) IMHO, after trying both, Lexol does a better job.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought some this weekend. Have not had the courage to try yet. There is a orange spray bottle - cleaner and then a brown bottle - no sprayer? Is it like a cream or something?

Originally Posted by Aegir
Another Lexol convert here. I tried Meguiars and then switched to Lexol based on the many recommendations here. (Thanks everyone!) IMHO, after trying both, Lexol does a better job.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Instructor

I bought some Zaino products online yesterday, should be here in a week. I got the leather treatment and spray i believe. Dont remember off the top of my head. Since i live in an apartment, i dont have a driveway to Zaino my car, so i just bought the leather treatment stuff and the tire coat. Has anyone use these products? How are they on the TL leather?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TBone2004
I just bought some this weekend. Have not had the courage to try yet. There is a orange spray bottle - cleaner and then a brown bottle - no sprayer? Is it like a cream or something?
No, the conditioner I use is a spray in a brown bottle. I didn't get the cleaner.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EulisCool
I bought some Zaino products online yesterday, should be here in a week. I got the leather treatment and spray i believe. Dont remember off the top of my head. Since i live in an apartment, i dont have a driveway to Zaino my car, so i just bought the leather treatment stuff and the tire coat. Has anyone use these products? How are they on the TL leather?
I've used all of the above and I'm pretty happy with it. I really like the tire coat. Not as shiny as the silicon based stuff and not as drippy either. More of a clean, matte finish. Lasts longer too. Goes on very easywith applicator so I don't get it on rims. Mine last through about 2-3 washings and rain in between. I put two coats on every washing and looks great.

To see pics of what I mean about the tire gloss, look here:

http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html
Old 04-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Instructor

Oops, forgot about the leather.

I also use Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner. Haven't had much chance to use the cleaner much. Used it on driver's and passenger seats and it did pick up dirt but then I didn't see all that much to begin with since my seats are black.

Conditioner worked great though. Thirst were real thirsty first time around. Looks like they'd never been conditioned. Be generous the first time you condition.

Nice leather smell and looks like I have BMW quality leather! Alright, maybe not... still looks good though. Made the leather a lot more supple and richer looking.

It's not like I did tons of research into leather care. I use Zaino products already and decided why not try the leather stuff. I'm happy with it but I'm sure I'd be happy with Lexol as well.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Wait, so you are saying your conditioner came as a spray bottle? Hmmm...maybe I picked up like a refill or something? Mine is a brown bottle kinda small but no sprayer - I did not think to shake it - maybe it is liquid, maybe spray? Crap. Back to the store then.

Originally Posted by Aegir
No, the conditioner I use is a spray in a brown bottle. I didn't get the cleaner.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Team Anthracite Member

yep - just went to Lexol site - no prob, I have to grab a sprayer - looks like mine is a refill bottle of some sort.
No prob.

Wait, so you are saying your conditioner came as a spray bottle? Hmmm...maybe I picked up like a refill or something? Mine is a brown bottle kinda small but no sprayer - I did not think to shake it - maybe it is liquid, maybe spray? Crap. Back to the store then.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Instructor

Lexol for interior Zaino products for exterior.

Zaino products for the exterior are phenomenal. I have not used their interior products yet but I bet they are good. Some friends use hide food for the leather and are happy with that. Doug
Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Having never done anything with seats before - are you guys just treating the sides of the seat where it starts to wrinkle or do you do the whole seat even where the holes are?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Having never done anything with seats before - are you guys just treating the sides of the seat where it starts to wrinkle or do you do the whole seat even where the holes are?
I do everything. As far as cleaning, I pay more attention to the high traffic areas (butt area, backs, etc...)

As far as conditioning, definitely everywhere. Leather will dry out eventually, even the 'unused' parts. You have to condition it to keep it nice and supple.